Bakugan Hyperspace (New Vestroia)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bakugan Hyperspace (New Vestroia)

The next installment of Bakugan Hyperspace! Even more action packed and thrilling than the prequel!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dark Fire

Go down 
2 posters

Should I make this into a story?
Yes
Dark Fire  Vote_lcap57%Dark Fire  Vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
No
Dark Fire  Vote_lcap43%Dark Fire  Vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Neo
LEVEL 3 BRAWLER
Neo

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
Dark Fire  Left_bar_bleue4750/1000000Dark Fire  Empty_bar_bleue  (4750/1000000)
LIFE FORCE:
Dark Fire  Pbucket417/500Dark Fire  DpGFogC  (417/500)

Dark Fire  Empty
PostSubject: Dark Fire    Dark Fire  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 8:14 am

The first time I saw him, a heavy, gray fog clung to the cornfields, tails of mist slithering between the dying stalks. It was a dreary early morning right after Labor Day, and I was waiting for the school bus, just minding my own business, standing at the end of the dirt lane that connected to my family's farmhouse to the main road into town. I was thinking about how many times I'd probably waited for that bus over the course of a dozen years, killing the time like any mathlete would, by doing calculations in my head, when I noticed him.
And suddenly that familiar stretch of blacktop seemed fully desolate. He was standing there under a massive beech tree across the road from me, his arms crossed over his chest. The tree's low, gnarled branches twisted down around him, nearly concealing him in limbs and shadows. But it was obvious that he was tall and wearing a long, dark coat, almost like a cloak.
My chest clenched, and I swallowed hard. Who stands under a tree at the crack of dawn, in the middle of nowhere, wearing a black cloak? He must have realized I'd spotted him, because he shifted a little, like he was deciding whether to leave. Or maybe cross the road. It had never struck me how vulnerable I'd been all those mornings I'd waited out there alone, but the realization hit me hard then.
I glanced down, my heart thudding. Where is the stupid bus? And why did my dad have to be so big on mass transit, anyhow? Why couldn't I own a car, like practically every other senior? But no, I had to "share the ride" to save the enviroment. When I'm abducted by the menacing guy under the tree, Dad will probably insist my face only appear on recycled milk cartons...
In the precious split second I wasted being angry at father, the stranger really did move in my direction, stepping out from under the tree, I could have sworn I heard him say, "Savannah.", just as the bus, thank god, crested the rise about fifty yards down the road.
My old name . . . The name I'd been given at birth, in Eastern Europe, before I'd been adopted and brought to America, rechirstended as Maxine Yeager.
Or maybe I was hearing things, because the word was drowned out by the sound of tires hissing on the wet pavement, grinding gears, and the whoosh of the doors as the driver, Mrs. Holmes, swung them open for me. Wonderful, wonderful bus number 101. I'd never been so happy to get on. With her usual "Good mornin', Max," Mrs. Holmes put the bus in gear, and I stumbled down the isle, searching for an empty seat or friendly face amoung the half-groggy riders. It sucked sometimes, living in rural Alabama. The town kids were probably still sleeping, safe and sound in their beds.
Locating a spot at the back of the bus, I plopped down with a rush of relief. Maybe I'd overreacted. Maybe my imagination had run wild, or to many episodes of America's Most Wanted had messed with my head. Or maybe the stranger really had ment me harm. . . . Twisting around, I peered out the rear window, and my heart sank.
He was still there, but in the road now, booted feet planted on either side of the double yellow line, arms still crossed, watching the bus drive away. Watching me. "Savannah . . ."
Had I really heard him call me by that long-forgotten name? And if he knew that obscure fact, what else did the dark stranger, receding in the mist, know about my past? More to the point, what did he want with me and my present?

Last edited by Max on Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/yugiohvampire

Dark Fire  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Fire    Dark Fire  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 8:34 am

Maybe you should write it.
Back to top Go down
Guest6
LEVEL 1 BRAWLER
Guest6

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
Dark Fire  Left_bar_bleue3000/1000000Dark Fire  Empty_bar_bleue  (3000/1000000)
LIFE FORCE:
Dark Fire  Pbucket0/500Dark Fire  DpGFogC  (0/500)

Dark Fire  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Fire    Dark Fire  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 8:45 am

kind of boring.
Back to top Go down
Neo
LEVEL 3 BRAWLER
Neo

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
LIFE FORCE:

Dark Fire  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Fire    Dark Fire  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 10:43 am

"So that pretty much sums up my summer at camp." My best friend Kana sighed, pulling open the heavy glass door to Sardis High School. "Homesick kids, sunburn, poison ivy, and big spiders in the showers."
"Sounds like being a counsler is awful." I sympathized as we entered the familiar hallway, which smelled of cleanser and fresh floor wax. "If it helps, I gained atleast five pounds waitressing at the diner. I just kept eating pie everytime I got a break."
"You look great." Kana waved off my complaint. "Although I'm not sure about your hair . . ."
"Hey!" I protested, smoothing down my blond curls, which seemed to be rebeling in the late-summer humidity. "I'll have you know I spent an hour with a hair dryer and this 'straightening balm' that cost me a week's tip . . ." I trailed off, realizing that Kana was distracted, not listening to me. I followed her gaze down toward the lockers. "And speaking of looking great," she said.
Aaron Sims, who lived on a farm near my family's place, was struggling with his new locker combonation. Frowning at the scrap of paper in his hand, he spun the lock an rattled the handle. An obviously brand-new white T-shirt made his summer tan look especially deep. The sleeves hugged tight around his bulging biceps.
"Aaron look's amazing," Kana whispered as we approached my neighbor. "He must have joined a gym or somthing. And did he get highlights?"
"He lugged hay bales all summer in the sun, Kana," I whispered back. "He dosen't need a gym - or bleach in his hair." Aaron glanced up as we walked past, and smiled when he saw me. "Hey, Max."
"Hey," I replied. Then my mind went blank. Kana chimed in, preventing akward silence. "Looks like they gave you the wrong combonation," she noted, nodding at Aaron's still closed locker. "Did you trying kicking it?" Aaron ignored the suggestion. "You didn't work last night, huh, Max?"
"No, I'm done at the diner," I said. "It was just a summer job."
Aaron looked a little disappointed. "Oh. Well, I guess I'll have to catch up with you around school, then."
"Yeah. I'm sure we'll have classes together," I said, feeling my cheek's get warm. "See ya." I sort of dragged Kana along with me. "What was all that about?" she demanded when out of earshot. She glanced over her shoulder at Aaron. My face grew warmer. "What was all what about?"
"Aaron looking all sad that you quit the diner. You turning bright red -"
"It's nothing," I advised her. "He came in a few minutes near the end of my shift and gave me a ride home. We hung out a little . . . And I am not red."
"Really?" Kana's smile was smug. "You and Aaron, huh?"
"It was no big deal," I insisted.
The gleam in Kana's eyes told me she knew I wasn't being completely honest. "This is going to be a very interesting year," she predicted. "And speaking of interesting . . ." I started tell my best friend about the scary stranger at the bus stop. But the moment I thought of him, the hair on my neck prickled, almost like I was being watched. "Savannah . . ." The low, deep voice echoed in my brain, like half-remebered nightmare.
I rubbed the back of my neck. Maybe I would tell Kana the story later. Or maybe the whole thing would just blow over like I'd never even think of the guy again. That is probably what would happen. But the prickly sensation did not go away.
Back to top Go down
Neo
LEVEL 3 BRAWLER
Neo

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
LIFE FORCE:

Dark Fire  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Fire    Dark Fire  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 6:02 am

I walked down the hall with Kana after class. Kana rambling on about cute boys, and what not. Even though I tried my best to listen to her, I couldn't, I was too distracted thinking about my mysterious stalker. "Hey, Kana." I asked, as she turned towards me. "What is it? Finally going to admit your crush on Mr. Totally Hot?" she replied with a smug look on her face. "No... Not that," I began. "See, this morning I was waiting for the bus, and I saw this guy..." Kana's eyes widened, while a look of glee spread across her face. "Who was it?!"
"I don't know."
"How could you not know?"
"Because maybe I have never seen or met the guy in my life?"
Kana let out a "humph" and rolled her eyes. "Sooo, what about it?" I frowned. "Well, I don't know... It's just werid. Why is there a guy, standing in the middle of nowhere, wearing a black overcoat, doing staring at me?" I asked. "Maybe he likes you!" Kana squealed. "A mysertious stalker! Ooohhhh! He must be cute!" I let out a groan and gave her a are-you-serious look. "How do you know he's cute? He could be a murder for heaven's sake! 'Where's, Max? Oh, she was KILLED BY A CRAZY MAN!'"
"Well, you don't know that!"
"Yeah right!"
"He could be somthing wonderful..." she said dreamily. I scowled and shook my head. "You and your silly fantasies! Think logicly."

Kana walked me outside, where my mom was waiting in the parking lot. I quickly climbed in but Kana grabbed my door and poked her head in. "Mrs. Yeager! Max has got a boyfriend!" she chimed in her sing-song voice. My mom arched an eyebrow at me in suprise. "A boyfriend? Already?" My cheeck's burned and I quickly looked away. "Ignore, Kana. She's just teasing. I don't have a boyfriend." Kana giggled ever so immaturely and looked at me smugly. "Bye, Maxie!" she said, then skipped away. I closed my door and let out a sigh as my mother put the car into drive. "So, a boyfriend?" she asked again. "Ugh! No. Let me explain. See, this morning, I saw some guy near our house. He just stood there... watching me." I began. "Yeah? Go on." she persisted. "And he was dressed really funky... Wore a black overcoat. A bit pale, or maybe it was just the lighting. And it looked like he had long hair." My mother slammed on her brakes and looked at me, face pale. "What's wrong?" She stared at me, all blood drained from her face, her knuckles white from holding the stearing wheel so hard.
"We have to get you home, NOW!" My mom slowly began to speed up the car. It took me a moment to realize that my heart was pounding in my chest, ready to implode. "Mom, what's going on?" I asked, fear welling up. "Your father and I should have told you this years ago..." she mummbled. "Mom! What's happening?!" But then I saw that familiar black shape out of the corner of my eye. I turned my head to see him there. He was staring straight at me. He was leaning against a brick wall, arms folded across his chest, just as I had seen him earlier this morning. "There! There he is!" And once again, my mother slammed on her brakes. "Wait in the car. Do not get out not matter what. I'll be right back."
"But, Mom-" It was too late. She had already slipped out the door, and strided towards Mr. Creepy. If I knew my mom, she was going to tear him to shreds. I expected the guy to hit her or somthing, but, what he did shocked me. Instead, he gave her a low, formal bow. I felt my jaw drop. "What the heck...?" I breathed. He then stood straight up again and smiled at her, as if she was an old friend. But my mother's was still stone cold.
For a good twenty minutes the two talked. And finally, Mr. Creepy bowed again, and strided away into the saftey of the shadow's. When my mom got back in the car, I was shaking. And her face wasn't so stern and cold anymore. "Mom! What the heck was that about?! Who was that? What did he want?" All she did was start the engine and look at me. "We will all discuss this over dinner." I was confused. "Wait, all?" I asked. "I invited him to dinner."
Back to top Go down
Neo
LEVEL 3 BRAWLER
Neo

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
LIFE FORCE:

Dark Fire  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Fire    Dark Fire  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 7:35 am

"I can't BELIEVE my mom!!" I yelled, as I slammed my fist against the stall. Diamond, my horse, let a nicker and retreated to the back of his stall. "Sorry, Di. It's not you." I said, as I slipped inside the stall. I stroked his neck as he nibbled at my pocket, and I laughed. "Sorry, pal. No treats tonight." I pulled down his blanket and slipped it on him. And I was still shaky about tonight, anyway. A creepy guy stalking me? Dosen't sound like a good guy, dose it? I locked Diamond's stall behind me as I walked out. I froze, feeling that prickling sensation return. I slowly turned around, and there he was, just a few yards away. How could I not have heard him? Idiot!
Now that he was up close, I could see his features. He was taller than me, and I'm five seven. His skin truly was pale, like snow. And his hair was LONG. He had slicked some of it back to keep it out of his eyes, and had thrown it into a careless ponytail. He had a scar on his jawline and one over his left eyebrow. I didn't say a word, just stared at him, and he stared back. If he even dared to pull a stunt, then I would have no choice but to use my Max-Kawn-Do on him! The smallest hint of a smirk met his lips, and he strided forward. I tensed, teeth bared, fist clenged. But he didn't touch me... Just slowly circled me, like a predator. Waiting patiently for the kill. "Who are you...?" I asked, ready for anything. He stopped infront of me, the smirk was gone. He stared down at me coldly. "Hmph... Pathetic. I told them them this would happen... Yet they go against my wishes. You are not nearly prepared." he scowled, looking away in disgust. "What?! Ready for what? And who are you calling pathetic, huh?!" He glared down at me with raw hatered and disgust. "Learn to talk with some respect to your superiors, girl." His voice with full of irritation. "Hey! Who are you calling a girl? I am fifteen, thank you very much! And get off my property." I shot back at him. "I believe I was invited." Mr. Creepy's voice was cold, but he gave me a twisted smile. "UGH!" I stomped away in anger, leaving him alone in the barn.

When I reached the house I slammed the door behind me, as I stomped down the hall. "MOM! Your "guest" is here!" I yelled. I ran uo the stair's and into my room. I closed the door behind me and jumped onto my bed. I could not BELIEVE her. Inviting a total stranger to our house. No, a total jerk stranger. Why did she invite him anyway? No matter how many times I replayed their little meeting, I just couldn't figure it out. I quickly changed into a camo tank-top and slipped on some faded blue-jeans. I then slipped on my black combat boots, then ran back downstair's. Mom was in the kitchen getting somthing out of the oven. Please, oh please, let it be cookies, I prayed. Then there he was, standing in a dark corner, arms across his chest. His normal pose, I guess. "How did you-"
"I let myself in." "WHAT?!" I shrieked. "I let him in, Maxine. Don't let him fool you. Have you two been introduced, Darkus?" I looked from my dad to Mr. Creepy. So Darkus was his name! A bit strange if you ask me. Darkus looked over to him with a stoic look on his face. "We met earlier in the barn. You have such a lovely daughter." I could hear sarcasum drip from his voice. My blood boiled with rage. "Anyway, come in the kitchen." I did as I was told. Mr. Wonderful walking silently behind me. "Before we begin this little chit-chat, someone please explain to me why we invited HIM to dinner?" My father gave me a disapproving look and shook his head. "That's rude, Maxine. We will get to that in a minute." I heard Darkus let out a sigh. I looked over to him to see his eyes closed, almost in a focused look."You still haven't informed her. You have failed me yet again. I gave you all afternoon to tell her, now it is to late." My momther's face went pale and she gave a panicked expression. "W-We were waiting on you! We thought we should tell her when you were here. Besides, she would be the only one who would believe you." Darkus' eyes flashed open, his black eyes reflecting no light. "But still, you should have told her a few years ago. Before I came to rally her." I felt like my eyes almost poped out of my head and I held but my hands and shook them in denial. "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Rally me? Are you talking about moi? What the heck?! Are we all talking in some sort of code here?!?!"
Darkus let out a growl, and then, showed his fangs. Thats right, fangs. It had to be a magic trick. There was no way, he could make his teeth into fangs. So that was why his voice was so deep. "Max, darling," my mother began. "Enough! I will just have to show her myself." Darkus quickly got to his feet and rolled his shoulders. He made sure he had enough room, then extended his wings. All twenty five feet of them. Fangs, wings... What is this guy? His wings were as black as nightmare, some of his secondary feathers reflected a bit of light, making them appear to have a dark purple color. At stared at him in awe and disbelief. His wings were gorgeous. They looked like they belonged on the angel of death. "No way..." I uttered. Darkus gave me a smug look, then gently folded his wings in behind his back. "What are you...?"
"I am human, like you. Except I am part Avian." he stated. I blinked dumbly. "And so are you." I jumped up out of my seat and stared at him. "No I'm not! I am nothing like you! I don't have wings!!" Darkus closed his eyes and shook his head, then looked back at me. "Girls do not grown their wings until they have fully matured. Or they haven't found their power. Boys, on the otherhand, are born with wings and their power." I placed a hand on my head, stunned. "You're lying... Mom... tell me he is lying..." I looked at her for support, her head was hung low in shame, so was my father. "Ah, Max. These aren't even your real parents. Your birth parents were killed, like mine. I saved you as a young baby, then found a young couple to watch after you until you were old enough for me to come for you. Even though they kept their mouths shut about your true being-" he glanced at my parents -" they did an excellent job at keeping you alive all these years." My breathing had quickened, and my head felt dizzy. This was a nightmare. A horrible, twisted nightmare. I wanted it to end right now. But do I ever get what I want? Of course not. "And now, it's time you and I take our leave." My eyes flashed up to meet his. "Y- You aren't serious! I'm not going ANYWHERE with you!!" I screamed. "I have a life! Family! Friends! You think you can just waltz in here and tell me I'm a freak and I have to leave?! Forget it!" I turned on my heel and stided away, hot tears forming in my eyes. I felt hands on my shoulders, makin me stop. It was Darkus. His hands were firm, but gentle. "Max... Your birthday is withen a month," his voice had lowered. And it was softer, almost calming. "And when your wings grow, they'll find you. And kill you. Coming with me is your only hope for survival... I will allow you to save goodbye to one friend. And then your parent's... Then we must leave, for time is short." The warm tears fell from my eyes, blurring my vision. I turned around and stared up at him, tears falling from my face. Without saying a word, I ran up into my room, and slammed the door behind me.
Worst. Day. Of. My life. None of it made sense... Winged-people? Them? What was going on? You think I would have a normal life... I then got mad at myself for crying, especially infront of that jerk 'Darkus'. I wiped the tears from my eyes and took off my combat boots. Then I plopped back down onto my bed again, staring up at the ceiling. My head was pounding, like it normally dose when I cry for a certain amount of time. I closed my eyes and waited to drift off into sleep. Maybe this is a bad, bad dream, I thought. So, tommorow Mr. Creepy should be gone! At least I hoped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dark Fire  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Fire    Dark Fire  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Fire
Page 1 of 1