Bakugan Hyperspace (New Vestroia)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bakugan Hyperspace (New Vestroia)

The next installment of Bakugan Hyperspace! Even more action packed and thrilling than the prequel!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Flock: Max's Story

Go down 
+7
german88
Guest14
Guest5
Guest12
yugi58
spectrahelios
Neo
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Neo
LEVEL 3 BRAWLER
Neo

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue4750/1000000The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (4750/1000000)
LIFE FORCE:
The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Pbucket417/500The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 DpGFogC  (417/500)

The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 2:23 am

We all readied around Darkus to begin the battle of our lives, and most importantly of Darkus‘.. He closed his eyes weakly and snapped his fingers. Suddenly we were bathed in golden light and transported to the top of a high mountain with an evergreen coating. It was just the time when sunlight was beginning to light up the edge of the horizon, enough so we could see. The most beautiful sight I have ever witnessed. How could such a beast live in such a beautiful place? I thought. I looked over at Darkus who began to walk towards the top of the mountain, where a clearing was formed. It looked as if the trees on the very top had been burned away, a perfect circle of land. As if he knew I was looking at him, he turned and met my glance. We seemed to talk telepathically for a moment, then turned his glance to the top of the mountain. As we approached the top we could hear a flurry of crackling sounds. We broke through the tree line into the torched land and saw a large gap in it’s center. A vibrant light shone from this gap, it also was the source of the crackling noises. Darkus walked forward towards the gap, then stopped, and exhaled slowly. Then muttered,“ The Phoenix.” as he stared at the gap with a plain glare. He turned around after a moment of contemplation and looked at each of the brave souls who are putting their lives on the line to save his. His speech began….

“I owe all of you a great deal, I don’t think I could ever make it up to any of you. Despite what happens today, I vow to do what I can to fight this beast. I originally told you that I was going to monitor from afar. That has changed. What kind of warrior would I be if I didn’t fight beside those who are risking their lives to help me. My Theory is just that, a theory. I am not certain it will be successful. I will do what I can to fulfill what your wills are trying to accomplish. I never told you, but the two being’s we are taking down, are the embodiment of the Sun, the Phoenix, and the embodiment of the Moon, the Dark Lightning Dragon. These two spirits are powerful, they will be using the wrath of nature against us. Don’t let that dim your fire. Let all your energy feed it. Destiny is our friend today, I can feel it. Now, as you look this beast in the eye, don’t fear it. Fear is where weakness lies just waiting to take over. I will be risking the thing you are all risking, the chance to save me. I need to fight alongside you, without me you will be walking into the firing line. I will do what I can to help. Max might be the leader on the field, but if I give a command, listen to it. More than my life, I want your lives to remain in tact, my life is not a reason to kill more than one life. Why lose many when you can lose one. You must all promise me one thing, think of this fight as more than just a battle to save me. Think of it as a fight to save many, because with my life saved, the Directors actions will be repaid in full. His plans of experiments will fall, along with his corpse by our hands. On that note, let’s fight this thing. Remember our objective, to get the feathers undamaged and implant them on mine. This surge of energy should support my body more for the next fight. Once the of the Sun falls, the of the Moon will become more powerful than the Sun now. We’ll need the strength on our side for this. Now, remember the plan. Max, Rsteg and I will all use aerial attacks to get the feathers, one by one. We need every feather on it’s wings and some from it’s tail. If we leave one, the transfer of power won’t work, then I’ll die from the surge of partial power alone. So, if I give the word to pull out or stop fighting, do it. Okay?”

Across the recruits faces, nods motioned. I nodded in agreement. Darkus then nodded and turned to the gap again. I walked up alongside Darkus and stood beside him. He glanced at me for a moment, then closed his eyes and focused. He opened his eyes quickly and his eyes were glowing with the same golden light as before. Just then, the crackling got louder, the gap grew more vibrant and the air heated rapidly. I felt the heat begin to burn my face, but tolerated the heat. We slowly watched as a giant, and I mean GIANT, bird rose from the gap in the ground, with it’s rise, the sun rise became beautiful. Darkus’ eyes stopped glowing when it revealed itself. He just stared at it for a long moment, no emotion on his face, not even fear. I on the other hand was staring in awe, and secretly, fear, only a tiny bit though. A wind began to blow. I looked at Darkus’ again and then to the bird, whose blinding light dimmed enough so we can see it’s full form. The Phoenix, such a magnificent bird. It’s body was covered in feathers that started gold at the top and faded to red, then to actual fire when enraged or upset. The feathers looked like metal, but they weren’t, they were as fragile as can be. The Phoenix’s talons, were night black. It’s beak, a bright red and faded to black at the tip. It’s wings were the most amazing part of him. The long feathers reflected even the smallest amounts of light. It’s hard to describe the magnificence of him. No wonder it was the essence of the of the Sun.

After the mini-staring contest between Darkus and The Phoenix had ended. Darkus said word to me. It is the one word that replays in my mind, endlessly. “Go.” With that command, I turned and gave the command. “Let’s rock'n roll!”. I then shot into the air, faster than I had ever flown. Rsteg was up there with me, one person was missing(the jerk). Darkus. I looked down at Darkus who was still staring in the Phoenix’s eyes, like a statue. “Darkus!” I shouted. Darkus didn’t move. The Phoenix sure did though. He flew towards Darkus, talons pointed right towards his head. Darkus didn’t move as he lurched toward him. The Talons reached within a foot of his chest ad head when Darkus finally moved. He simply stepped aside, just missing the talons and a death blow. What was Darkus doing? TRYING to get himself killed? “Darkus! Let’s go!” I shouted again. I saw him launch into the air and rise above me. He landed atop a tree nearby and just watched. So much for fighting alongside us, I thought to myself.

The battle lasted hours, Rsteg and I flew around the Phoenix, not managing to capture a singe feather. The ground units were exhausted. Jake was breathing heavily, on one knee. Blaze was sitting on the ground. I was even getting tired. My wings were shaking from the darting and continuous flying. The Phoenix sure wasn’t giving up. He was stomping around, swinging it’s head, and it’s wings trying to swat us from the sky like insects. I looked at Darkus, who was still standing up on the tree not moving. It’s as if he was paralyzed or something. I shouldn’t have looked, I got a big faceful of Phoenix wing and next thing I knew I was on the ground, looking up at the rising sun. I had the wind knocked out of me. I was paralyzed for a second or two, not being able to breathe. I looked up at Darkus, he hadn’t moved a muscle. Rsteg landed beside me and asked if I was okay. I replied “yeah, just had the wind knocked out of me and had an up close ad personal look at the Phoenix wings. OW.” I caught some movement out of the corner or my eye. The Phoenix was dropping his talons fast and powerful towards me and Rsteg. I couldn’t move from the last blow. I was done for. Rsteg jumped away, thinking I would do the same. I then caught another movement in the corner of my eye. Darkus! His body was glowing gold and his wings were shining brighter than I had ever seem them glow. A loud Eagle-like cry rang out across the field. The Phoenix stopped his attack and turned to face Darkus. They stared at each other for a few minutes, seeming to be sizing each other up. Darkus finally spoke… “Phoenix, the Sun . I see you and I know your motives, but please spare them. Just focus on me, they won’t attack you anymore.” The Phoenix looked at Darkus, eyes squinting. “This power you possess……. it is my own. So, YOU….. are the one they stole from me for. That scientist took some of my Phoenix Fire and said he was going ‘to make perfection at last’ with it. He gave it to a human?” The Phoenix laughed at the thought. “I am not human,” Darkus announced, “I am part bird. That Director is doing experiments on humans and we are trying t stop them. He injected me with your Phoenix Fire, yes. However, my body rejected it partly, so I am dying. I need the essence of my other DNA fragments, Phoenix and Dragon. Could you please help?” Darkus asked sincerely. “HAHAHA Why would I help a human, even a part-human. If I gave you my essence, I would die. I’m not just going to give up my life to some pathetic half-breed. You must be joking. I am going to kill you for your insolence.” The Phoenix in a fit of rage, raised his talons and launched them towards Darkus who didn’t move except for raising his hand, as if he was going to catch the Phoenix’s talon with his bare hands. A bright light blinded the entire field for what seemed like an hour, but in reality was only about ten minutes. “Darkus! Darkus! DARKUS!!!!” I screamed several times in those few minutes. None of them answered.

The light dimmed finally revealing the crumpled body of the Phoenix. The group cheered at the fallen figure. I didn’t let out a cheer. “The Phoenix is done for, Max. Be happy.” Rsteg told me while putting a hand on my shoulder. “There’s only one problem. Where’s Darkus?” I said sadly. At once the cheering silenced, noticing that Darkus was nowhere to be seen. “Yeah, where is Darkus? Is he…..ya know?” Jake asked. “I don’t know Jake.” I said beginning to fear the worst.

The Phoenix began to move again. He got up and turned toward us. “Go!” I said out of instinct. Everyone ran towards the being, even more enraged than normal. The Phoenix didn’t move. Suddenly everyone was stopped in their tracks by golden light surrounding them, preventing any movement. I was the only one, uncovered. I looked around at all of my frozen comrades then looked at the Phoenix fearfully. I got up and ran towards him, not knowing what I was doing. The Phoenix raised his head and screeched, letting out a blainding Golden light. I didn’t stop running, I just closed my eyes until I was within the light’s source and I could see. I saw a shadow. A fury of fear erupted a surge of adrenaline. I ran towards it, almost in a bloodthirsty rage. I held the sword in my hand that Darkus handed me right before the battle, as we stood side by side standing at the beast. I drew it and lurched towards the shadow. I felt it hit something, I opened my eyes and saw the shadow slowly reveal itself, It was what I feared,…..Darkus. My eyes widened as I looked down and realized my Sword had gone straight through Darkus’ chest. I stood motionless, frozen in fear. “D-Darkus? How could this be?” I uttered in amazement. “Max….. Flames surrounded me, everywhere. What I used to be didn’t seem to matter there. The Phoenix….. “ Darkus trailed off and fell over from the pain I caused him. I didn’t kill him once, but TWICE. How is it I keep killing my best friend? This nightmare keeps reliving itself. I broke down and fell to the ground in tears. The light dimmed completely and everyone came running over to me and Darkus. “Max, what happened?” Blaze asked confused. “I….. I killed him…. AGAIN! That’s what happened.” I said letting tears run down my face. “Killed who again?” Rsteg asked even more confused than Blaze. “Darkus! That’s who.” I said looking at the ground. I pointed to it. “We see no one, Max. What are you talking about?” With the reply, I looked up, and saw the Phoenix down on the ground again. “Were my eyes deceiving me? Had I killed the Phoenix and just imagined killing Darkus again? I thought to myself . “But…. I heard him talking to me…. How?” I uttered REALLY confused.

The Phoenix began to burn, as customary to it’s nature. The flame were even more brilliant than it’s feathers were. The body burned in flames 300 feet high, a raging inferno. I looked around, still no sign of Darkus. What happened to him? Did the Phoenix eat him? The body burning had to kill him. There’s no saving him now. I looked down again in solemness and began to cry again. This is all too freaky. My emotions were on a rollercoaster and it just won’t stop. Without Darkus we have no chance to stop the Director, I told myself. I closed my eyes and wished it was all a dream. "I wish, I could see his face again.” I uttered while remembering all the times with Darkus, bad and good. At times, I smiled, at times I cried harder. I then just came to the fact that Darkus was gone for good and there was nothing I could do. “He brought us to save him. When he knew that was impossible, he sacrificed himself to save us. A true hero and warrior. “ I said sadly as I stood up to meet the glances of my comrades. “Let’s go. We need to make distance from this place. No doubt the director will know we are here with these power surges. We began to walk off the battlefield, missing one comrade, lost in action. The fire burning brightly behind us. A burst of light blew wind around us, we turned around to see the fire, not there, but just a bright Golden light. We stared at the light for a while. Then realized nothing was happening. I began to walk away again. “Look, who’s that?” Rsteg announced excitedly. I turned around to see a silhouette walking towards us from inside the light. The shadow got closer and I then noticed it was one person. Darkus! He’s alive? But how? I didn’t care. I ran to him and hugged him like I always do. I cried into his shoulder out of happiness. “Why do you always do this to me? You are killing me with your stunts, Darkus.” I lectured him. “I’m sorry……Max….” He uttered weakly. “What happened to the Phoenix?” Blaze asked as the group ran over to Darkus and I. “He’s gone now. So, you know what that means….” I answered plainly. “You didn’t get the feathers?” I asked curiously. He didn’t answer. He just stepped back from me and opened his wings. They were the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. The Golden feathers somehow became his. The tail feathers of the Phoenix were on his chest, like a plate of armor. “D-Darkus… you beat that Phoenix?” I asked in possible amazement. “No, I wouldn’t kill a magnificent beast like that. I just simply made a deal.” Darkus revealed as he folded his wings behind his back. “Huh? A deal. What kind of deal?” I asked him.Why is this boy ALWAYS making deals? “We have to get moving, let’s go. You all need to rest before we take on the Dragon. “ Darkus walked by us and led the group to the edge of the forest. He then teleported us out of there without giving me an answer. The Phoenix burned out to nothing. No ashes left to rebirth from. Had the Sun died that day, or was it reborn? This question still boggles me,and I guess it will for some time to come.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/yugiohvampire
Neo
LEVEL 3 BRAWLER
Neo

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue4750/1000000The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (4750/1000000)
LIFE FORCE:
The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Pbucket417/500The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 DpGFogC  (417/500)

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 3:23 am

“YEAH!! You guys. We did it!” I said turning around giving everyone two thumbs up with a smile. Everyone cheered except for one person, Darkus. Always the optimist look he has. “Darkus?” I called to him. He just stared at the floor of the mountaintop ruins he teleported us to, sitting on an overturned pillar, seeming to be in a trance. “Darkus?” I called to him again. No change in his stare. Why was he not listening to me? Did he not hear me? Or was he ignoring me on purpose? So, I walked over to him and placed my hand on his shoulder from behind. With the touch his eyes closed, not changing the look about his face. I leaned over and put my mouth beside his ear and gently whispered “Darkus…..” again with no answer. I was frankly getting annoyed with his solemn tone. I got back up and exhaled and annoyed breath. I then put my mouth to his ear again, but this time yelled “DARKUS!” right into his ear. This made a change. A normal guy would have been scared out of his mind but, Darkus was NEVER a normal guy. His eyes opened slowly, and then he shook his head, eyes closed tightly, after a moment. “Yeah, uh… Sorry, Max. What did you say?” in his normal nonchalant voice. His emotionless attitude was starting to annoy me. How could one guy have no emotions. I grabbed his arm and pulled him off to the side of everyone cheering and talking. We rounded a corner with Darkus just being pulled by my arm, stepping with my walking speed. He was back to staring down again. What was with him? “Darkus? What happened back there?” I asked him concerned, and quite frankly, scared. He didn’t answer for a long moment. “Nothing….” My forehead tensed with aggravation. “Oh, don’t tell me that! SOMETHING happened. That big tough guy act won’t work on me anymore. Stop trying to hide your emotions. You tell me to hold back on mine. NOW, I tell you to let loose on yours.” I said getting in his face a bit. He never changed his look. “Max….,” he said raising his head to meet my glance. “Nothing happened, that’s all you need to know. The less you know the better.” He turned and began to walk away. I grabbed his wrist. He just shook loose and walked off. I stood there for a moment, thinking about what he had said. The less I know the better? What did he mean? After a minute, I joined the group. Steg was the first to talk to me. “What did Darkus say?” Steg asked. “What are you talking about?” I told him. “I’m not dumb, Max. You and Darkus were talking a minute ago. What did he say?” Steg replied. “Nothing.” I said and changed the subject with success. I just hope Darkus is okay, I thought.

We all settled down and went to bed that night. Blaze, Haos and Jake each made a bed out of the moss growing around the temple, covered themselves with the blankets I gave everyone. We were one short. Not a problem, I thought, I can go without one. Steg and I followed their lead. Once I made sure the kids were asleep, I remembered that Darkus walked off after our VERY short conversation, I gave him his blanket when we first showed up, I remember him setting it on the stone was sitting on. It was gone. I looked around and didn’t see him in the large room where everyone was sleeping. “NO WAY you are running off again, Darkus. Not on my watch.” I mumbled as I walked into the long corridors of the temples inner sanctum. I went around a bend and saw a fire light coming from one of the rooms at the end of the corridor. I looked on the floor and saw the words “Spirits” carved into the floor, then saw footprints trailing over the carving. That HAD to be him. Who else would be wandering a mountaintop temple at night? I entered the room to see Darkus looking at the wall on the far side of the room, holding the torch he carried higher to read the top. Above the doorway to this room, I saw a circle with a crescent shape taken out of the right side of the circle. “Moon” I thought. I stepped through the doorway, seeing if Darkus would hear me. He didn’t. I began to take another step, my foot was in the air when he spoke. “Max…” This freaked me out. I made no noise and HE HEARD ME!?!? “Darkus” I said as I walked to stand beside him. I looked at his face and looked where he was looking on the wall. It was full of engravings, IN ANOTHER LANGUAGE!?!? After a moment of scanning the wall for anything I could understand I said. “Don’t tell me you can understand these scribbles.” Darkus just kept reading. “I can, Max. You can’t?” Darkus said as he kept reading. “No, it all looks like Chinese to me, or is it Japanese?” I said as I scratched my head. “Neither. It’s A unique language of the people who used to live here. Only those who grew up and were christened in these temples can understand it.” Darkus said, hinting the obvious. “Wait! Hold your tongue. YOU grew up in these temples? I didn’t know that.” I said really shocked now. “I was born in these temples, I learned the language and was christened, however the christening went wrong. The water they normally use to cleanse the blade they use, was tainted with Demon essence. They carved the emblem of christening in between my shoulder blades and I immediately went into a surge of seizures, my eyes glowed red, my skin turned black, my hair grew long, I grew the old wings, different from yours as you could tell. The seizures stopped shortly after, and I didn’t move for a while. I got up, claws on my hands, talons on my feet. My shoes and gloves were torn from them. My eyes a deep blood red, with Demon energy. I had become a demon. A monster.” He said as he closed his eyes, in remembrance. “Okay, so you used to be a native here. No a big deal. I bet the doctors or something helped that Demon out of you, right?” I asked trying to make him feel better. “Wrong,” he replied. NOW I felt like a jerk. “The people ran from me, they didn’t want anything to do with me. They abandoned me.” Darkus said, in a shaking voice. “My people were heavily spiritual. They studied each and carved their information on these walls. They had no evidence of the Sun or Moon spirits when I came along. In order to stop the rampage I was causing to the temple. One man had a theory, he scanned the information of these rooms, and got a clue from the spirits. He went to the local mountaintop, about 10 miles away and stayed there for one day and one night. At sunrise, he spoke with the Phoenix, at night he spoke with the Dragon. He asked if there was a way to stop me demon side from destroying the world. They had a way. They each gave him a part of themselves, their essence. This man combined the two essences and coated a glove with it.” he spoke, then stopped as if remembering something. “Yeah, and….” I begged to continue. “Back at the temple….. My rampage continued. I was destroying the temple. I was having times of unconsciousness and reckless destruction. I slashed in all directions, knocking over pillars and walls, sending people flying in all directions. I sent energy blasts all around, disintegrating anything in it’s path. This man, climbed to the second level of the temple, and jumped down towards me, yelling. I turned to where the nise was coming from. The man touched the center of my forehead with the glove, but I swung my claws at the same instant, slashing his shoulders an neck. He was just in time. When he touched my forehead, a few seconds later, a seal was placed on the demon side. The DNA was locked away in my body, locked until it was broken. Hopefully, never. I fell to my knees, my eyes dimmed from my whole eyes glowing red, to just a blood red pupil. My claws subsided, talons receded back into my feet. Skin turned back to normal, my rage ended.” Darkus spoke, beginning to get a shaky voice again. “So, happy ending?” I asked. “I stood up, not remembering what happened, except for the takeover of the demon side. Everything during the destruction was a blank. I looked around, shocked at what I saw.” Darkus spoke, getting shakier with each word. “What did you see?” I asked. Darkus suddenly fell to his knees. “I killed them, all of them, my own people.” He said, punching the ground, cracking the stone floor as lightning struck outside. I stared at him, not knowing what to say. I knew he was powerful and strong, but not enough to wipe out an entire race by himself. “That was the demon, Darkus, NOT YOU!! The demon killed your people, NOT you. You aren’t to blame.” I spoke sternly. “I AM TO BLAME!!!!” He turned and looked up at me from his knees, his eyes flashed from his new gold ones to the old red ones. This scared me to the bone, but I didn’t run. I got down beside him and threw one of my arms over his shoulders. I looked to the floor and saw a circle water spot. Was he really……crying? “Darkus…. Why not read the rest of this wall to me.” I tried to change the subject. I kept my arm on his shoulder until he got to his feet. I looked at his eyes, no sign of crying. Was that just a wet spot on the floor? Darkus looked up and continued to read the wall. I leaned up against a wall as he read the engravings into the night. I remember him saying something about the Moon being a dragon and he uses Lightning, Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Poison, and many other substances for it’s attacks. The way to killing him was…. And I fell asleep. I don’t remember a moment after that. I slept unsoundly that night. I was in the temple, a young girl. I remember haring slashes and screams. I was running and stumbled on something on the ground, I turned around when I stumbled and was looking into the eyes of the young Darkus, demonized. Last thing I saw in that dream was Darkus’ claws coming down towards my head, then my sight went black. I woke up with a scream, I grasped my throat, gasping for breath. I calmed down and realized it was just a dream. I then realized that a blanket was covering me. I didn’t fall asleep with a blanket on me. I sat up to see Darkus sitting about 5 feet away from me, against the same wall, with cold wet clothing, no blanket, asleep. I realized the pattern of the blanket, it was the one Darkus preferred.. I smiled and curled back up and dozed off again.
Back to top Go down
Neo
LEVEL 3 BRAWLER
Neo

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
LIFE FORCE:

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:41 pm

When I awoke, Darkus was gone. I heard talking down the hallway, where the rest of the group was sleeping. My back hurt from being pressed up against the cold stone wall all night, I felt numb in places I never knew I had. I got up, folded Darkus’ blanket and walked down the hallway to the room where everyone else was sitting around Darkus. A got flashbacks from my dream, more like a nightmare. I almost didn’t want to go over to Darkus. My dream felt THAT real. I walked over to the group and sat inbetween Jake and Rsteg. When I sat down Darkus stopped talking and glanced at me. My eyes met his and all I saw was Darkus’ eyes in the dream, a bright glowing red with hate and rage. I settled my fear and convinced myself it was just a dream. Darkus looked away from me and began to talk again. “Upon inspection of the temple’s engravings, I have found that this Dragon is worse that I suspected. The Dragon is now 10 times more powerful since the Phoenix is defeated. However, the power from the Phoenix feathers that I was given will benefit us greatly in this fight. The Dragon has one weakness, but not big enough to cause much of a help. It actually irritates him after it stops. Light. My wings can reflect the moonlight and enhance it to blind him for a moment or two. He will become agitated after each light though. The scales of the Dragon are extremely thick and heal after a time. It takes, for the normal powered Dragon, to heal a chipped scale in 15 seconds, a shattered or removed scale in 30 seconds. Now, that the Dragon is stronger it will easily take half that time. Furthermore, he can use Lightning, Fire, Earth, Water, Darkness, Light, Air, Poison, and almost anything. This Dragon is the strongest being you will ever see.” I looked at the ground as Darkus spoke, then looked up and looked at all the faces of the group, each one getting more and more hopeless with each word from Darkus. “But,” Darkus continued “Don’t let these odds make you grow fearful Together we can do anything. This Dragon is just another obstacle in our goal of defeating the Director. His creations weren’t just failures. They will be the ones who take him out. Who shut down his precious school, “ Darkus stood up. “It is up to you to decide if these wings, or machinery you have been made from is a curse, or blessing?” Darkus turned his head to Jake. “Jake?” Jake stood up waited a moment. “These wings, represent freedom. It’s a blessing.” Jake said smiling. “Darkus’ gaze turned to Blaze. “Blaze? How about you?” Blaze also stood up, then looked at Darkus with a determined face. “We are special I don’t see many other humans that can fly. I say a gift from Heaven.” Darkus gave Blaze and Jake a nod. “Haos?” Haos not being a very talkative person, stood up. “The light from above have given us these gifts, we can’t misuse them. Even if the gift was from a demon. It was an act of glory.” Haos spoke for the first time, a clam soft voice. Darkus nodded and grinned on one side of his face. “Rsteg? You might not have wings, but you have metal. Do you think it’s a gift, or curse?” Rsteg rose to his feet. “I don’t like the fact that I am mostly metal, but I have hidden these since I met you all. The Director was trying to combine the perfect armor with a winged being,” Rsteg spoke with a solemn note, as if to reveal bad news. “Darkus, use your power to open the power generated locks on my back.” Darkus smiled and nodded, as if he knew what he was talking about. “I already have Rsteg, spread them. “ Rsteg closed his eyes, and spread a pair of lightning blue colored wings. “How did you know?” Rsteg asked Darkus. “I reprogrammed you remember? I found a function called, ‘Wings hatch’. I wanted you to reveal them yourself, that’s why I never mentioned them.“ Darkus replied smiling. Rsteg nodded back. “These wings were tried to be hidden. Why hide such a magnificent thing? It’s a damn good gift.” Darkus moved his glance to me. I feared looking in his eyes again, seeing the hate again. This time though, only Darkus’ Golden eyes stared back at me. “Hell YEAH! It’s a gift. I wouldn’t be myself without these wings. They are a part of me. I was rejected for them in life. Hopefully after this, we will be accepted. Let’s do it!” Darkus nodded, closed his eyes and exhaled. “I need you all to promise me one thing. ALL OF YOU. If I tell you to run, you run. If I tell you to hide, you hide. If I tell you to stop fighting, you stop. If I tell you to leave and leave me behind, you MUST do so. Understand?” Darkus looked down the line for a series of nods. 4 nods rose. I was the only one who didn’t move a muscle. “Max? You NEED to promise me this.” Darkus said staring at me, looking down at the ground. “I can’t, Darkus. I can’t just promise to leave you, if things were to go bad. I CAN’T let you die again!!!!” Darkus didn’t say a word for a few moments. “Max…. I don’t ask you to promise me, I beg you to. I can’t stand you all dying because of my life. As I said in the last fight, one life lost isn’t as much a cost as two or more lives lost, I don’t care who the life is. So, I ask you, you please, promise me.” I stared at the ground . Thinking. I really didn’t want to make that promise. Knowing Darkus, it will happen. Look what happened with the Phoenix. He has died more than twice in a week. But, my head was telling me to make the promise, my heart was telling, not to. My head won. “Fine, I promise. Alright?” Darkus seemed satisfied, at least for now. “Now, just go out there and fight for your lives. Max will still lead the fight. So listen to her. For now, rest, we leave tonight. Do any last minute preparations you need to do. I’ll keep you updated as to when we leave.” So, that’s how the pre-battle briefing went. Not the most rallying speech he has ended on with that “promise me” stuff. I guess he wasn’t blowing sunshine on our backs if it wasn’t going to be easy.
Back to top Go down
german88
LEVEL 2 BRAWLER

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue8500/1000000The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (8500/1000000)
LIFE FORCE:
The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Pbucket500/500The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 DpGFogC  (500/500)

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 7:51 pm

really a cyborge wow i am done with this story Mad

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 11:08 am

just out of curiosity when will you be making the next one i am sorry if i am bugging you i'm just curious.
Back to top Go down
Neo
LEVEL 3 BRAWLER
Neo

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
LIFE FORCE:

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 2:57 pm

Oh, no! Your not bugging me at all. I don't know. It just depends on a certain person. But thanks for the feedback. Smile
Back to top Go down
Neo
LEVEL 3 BRAWLER
Neo

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
LIFE FORCE:

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 3:05 am

We hung around the ruins for the day, Darkus just stared at the ground for hours on end. He closed his eyes for a part of the time and was seeming to focus on something. His eyelids shook for a time once, he positioned himself and opened his wings, his eyes still closed. He flexed his wing back and worth, like a new kids learning to control his wings. What was he doing? He was already skilled with wing control, so why was he acting this way? I was utterly confused. I saw his forehead scrunch up, like he was mad, or in pain of some sort. What was going ON with him? He was beginning to freak me out a bit. Ever since we showed up at this temple, he has been acting strange. I left Darkus to do what he was doing, as much as I wanted to talk to him about it.

So, the day went on. Jake, Haos, and Blaze flew around. They were already gaining muscles from being out of those cages. They actually looked almost like normal kids now. Rsteg was just hanging around, watching the kids fly in the air. He wasn’t doing much to prepare. I guess being a cyborg, you don’t have to do much. I went around the ruin, getting berries and such from the surrounding woods for us to eat before we left. A little nourishment would help fight. I returned after my last trip out for the afternoon. It was starting to get dark, this meant we were getting ready to leave in the next few hours. I looked where Darkus was sitting earlier, “focusing”. He wasn’t there. I looked around for him, nowhere to be found. Only one place I hadn’t looked, the Spirit’s sector.

I walked down that hallway, remembering the secret I had learned of Darkus. As approached the Moon Spirit’s room, I heard growling, low, deep, angry growling coming from a different room. I read the heading over the room, Phoenix. Could that be Darkus? It couldn’t be. I then heard some white noise, just flustering of feathers, then a loud shriek with a glow. The room just lit up. I was still in the hallway, so I didn’t see anything, I could only hear. The shrieking lasted only a minute. I could see a shadow from the light. It looked like a giant bird head silhouetted against the wall. What was going on? I approached the corner and peeked inside. I only saw Darkus standing there back to me with his head hung low, long black hair coated his back like normal. I could see the shine of his golden wings beneath the strands of hair. Was everything I just saw and heard just my imagination? I turned the corner into the room. I entered and immediately Darkus grasped his head with both hands, it looked like he was trying to crush his skull with his bare hands. He paced around, leaning against and wall and punching it. He then turned to me, eyes closed, face scrunched like I saw him do earlier in the day. He WAS in pain. What was going on? He opened his eyes, breathing heavily. Darkus looked shocked, his eyes, a deep blood red. I could see the tips of his fingers were turning to claws. His skin was glowing black and red. I only watched, I didn’t even try to stop whatever he was becoming. He got worse, he had no shoes on, I wondered why for a second. His feet were showing talons. Did Darkus KNOW this was happening and he took his shoes off to hide it? He looked just like how I imagined in the nightmare. I stood there mouth agape staring at Darkus, frozen with fear. Just then his wings opened, the golden vibrancy filling the room, lighting every crevice. A glow shone over the black and red glow, seeming to neutralize it. Slowly, Darkus’s hands returned to normal, his growing talons receded into his feet, and he was back to normal. He was facing away from me, standing the way I had found him. I was still in a bit of shock. I walked his behind Darkus. He turned around quickly once I lifted my foot to take a step. I looked in his eyes expecting to see death in them, but I just saw his plain of golden eyes that he has had for the last two days. “What are you doing here?” I asked him. “Max….” He said softly. “I was just…….. Remembering.” I looked at him plainly. Why was he ALWAYS so confusing? He always kept things from me. After I thought this I just stepped towards him with a bit of anger and frustration. “I have had enough with you hiding things from me. Now, what is going on with you! Even since the Phoenix you been acting so strange. I understand your history, but what was all this just now? I was it, I heard it. I want the trust, ALL of it!!” Darkus looked at me plainly and exhaled a long breath. “It was him again, trying to take over. I was remembering that day, the slaughter of my people. I looked at my hands and saw blood on them. I looked around and saw corpses around. If it wasn’t my family, I wouldn’t have been so freaked. You haven’t killed anyone you have loved before Max. You don’t know what I am going through.” Darkus said in a clam, but panicked tone. “I have in fact killed someone I have loved. He was strong, tall, noble. He was like family to me. I killed him. I still hate how I did that. The way I did it. SO DON’T TELL ME THAT I DON’T KNOW HOW YOU FEEL MISTER!!!” Darkus widened his eyes a bit at me then looked down, as if he was informed of this new information for the first time. “Was he a brother, a father, boyfriend. What?” Darkus asked in a whisper. “He was sort of all 3, but not really all 3. I think he is all three to me, at least I hope he thinks the same about me.” Darkus looked at me a bit confused. “Thinks? Don’t you mean thought?” Darkus tried to correct me. “No I don’t. He is still alive, he came back to life.” I remarked with a bit of a smile. “How could you have killed him if….” Darkus began. “HELLO? That person is you, Darkus. “ Darkus looked at me then turned around. “I see….” He said. I walked behind him and jumped up and threw my arms over his shoulders and dangled from his neck. He didn’t even falter backwards, he just stood there. “Stop acting all sad. We have fighting to do don’t we?” I said playfully. He just started at the ground. I slid down his back to the ground. “Darkus?” He smiled and extended his golden wings, which now had tips of black and red. “Race you.” he said and in a flash was out the room and around the corner, flying like a pro., not touching the walls, wings only half spread. How can he fly with only half of his wings extended. “Oh no, you don’t” I said and took off after him. I knew I would lose, but at least Darkus was out of that sulky mood.

Darkus landed a good minute ahead of me and had gathered the others. The sky was nearly black, only the horizon was glimmering with the last remnants of sunlight for the day. Darkus was looking at me with a slight smile on his face, waiting for me to land beside all the “troops”. I landed and joined the group.

“I want all of you to listen to me carefully. I apologize for my strangeness these past few days. I have realized part of my history. I think all of you should know. I have been keeping things from you, so I will tell you all that I have been hiding,” Darkus spoke in a sincere voice. “You see these temples. They were inhabited about 15 years ago. Doesn’t look like it but, it was a bustling metropolis, the nicest people you could ever meet. They never were in a war, but they did have forces ready to defend if needed. I was born here. I grew up among it’s people. I was becoming a full fledged member of the tribe, when something went wrong. I was infused with a demon , from water that was used to make a mark between my shoulder blades. The sign of being christened. They clean the blade with water before cutting into my flesh that mark. The water had demon essence mixed in it. It took over. I killed everyone in this temple. That’s why there’s all this damage. One brave soul stopped me, but when he gave me the ‘antidote’ I slashed him clean in half. Shortly after I returned to normal because of his actions.” I looked around at everyone. They were all shocked. “I killed my own people. I had forgotten my past until I brought you to this temple. In remembering this past, I have unlocked that demon inside me. He is taking over at random times, my most vulnerable times. That’s why I have been going off alone, to try and control this. If I turned on my own kind before, I don’t want it to happen to you all. That is why I am giving you the option of leaving this crusade now, before you get hurt by your own supposed ally.” I looked at everyone, they all remained motionless. “Darkus…” spoke Rsteg “I joined this to get back at the Director. We knew what was at stake when we joined. I am staying. I’m sure the rest of us do as well.” Nods occurred all around. “As long as you are all sure….” Darkus said trailing off. “Alright then. Let’s get to the nearby mountain, it’s an hour behind us. So you will have an hour when we get there before the Dragon arrives. Prepare yourselves. This will be tough. We have to beat him under the full moon, which makes his power greater, on top of the power he gains from the Phoenix’s demise. Honestly:, I don’t know how we are going to do this. The Phoenix laughed at me when I asked graciously. I don’t know how the Dragon will react, he is more menacing that the Phoenix is, if you can believe it. Well, let’s not waste any time talking. It’s time to go.” Darkus turned away and began to walk towards a forest trail. We all walked in a group, but Darkus fell behind and turned around to look back at the temple. I saw him fall behind and went to stand beside him. I just looked at him, I didn’t say a word. I know how guilty he must fell remembering his past. Darkus exhaled as the wind picked up and blew his hair gently. It was a picture perfect moment of the last living member of an ancient tribe. He closed his eyes, and turned around and we caught up to the others, together. We got into the woods and Darkus gathered us all around. He held up his arms, his wings sprung open and shone light on all of us. We looked at each other and saw each of us in a scramble of colors, and we faded from sight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 3:38 am

i knew he was your bf XD i probably am going to get killed for saying this lol.
Back to top Go down
Guest12
LEVEL 5 BRAWLER
Guest12

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue4000/1000000The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (4000/1000000)
LIFE FORCE:
The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Pbucket0/500The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 DpGFogC  (0/500)

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 7:07 am

grumpygrinch wrote:
i knew he was your bf XD i probably am going to get killed for saying this lol.

Really? Just knock it off with that! I can convince Max to make you DIE in the story.
Back to top Go down
Neo
LEVEL 3 BRAWLER
Neo

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
LIFE FORCE:

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 8:50 am

I like that option. He's driving me insane with that! Evil or Very Mad If he dosen't shut up I'm gonna bust a lid!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 8:51 am

Max wrote:
I like that option. He's driving me insane with that! Evil or Very Mad If he dosen't shut up I'm gonna bust a lid!

why do you now get mad at me for it when i can't get into the c-box to say jk.
Back to top Go down
Neo
LEVEL 3 BRAWLER
Neo

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
LIFE FORCE:

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 10:00 am

*looks up at sky in misery* Why me? T_T
Back to top Go down
Neo
LEVEL 3 BRAWLER
Neo

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
LIFE FORCE:

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 12:16 pm

We appeared atop another mountain. No different than the one with the Phoenix, except instead of scorched land, it seemed to be eroding. Most likely because of the acid the Dragon is supposedly believed to be able to breathe. The center of the land was the same hold as with the Phoenix, it was glowing a blue color. Darkus approached the hole and peered into it. I held my breath. He motioned with his hand to come closer. We came over to him and peered into the hole. “I came early so I can show you this rare glimpse of what a does when it isn’t active. They reside inside these mountains, being teleported around the world to different mountains hollowed out. The Phoenix resided in Magma, the Dragon resides in Pure Water. You can see he just arrived here, he is waiting for the Sun to completely set before he awakes. I say we have a good 30 minutes.” I realized something I should have noticed a long time ago. “Wait, if the Phoenix is dead, how is the sun still shining?” I asked as I looked at Darkus. He was busy listening to the beast. I could tell because his eyes were closed. “Listen to him. You can almost hear the main source of lightning in his chest. He is quite a powerful creature than the last time I saw him.” Again he ignores me…. “You have seen him BEFORE?” I asked him, hoping to not be ignored again. “Yeah, before I met you, I went to take on the strongest beings in the world. I just stumbled across this guy. Let’s just say, I hardly got out of here alive.” Darkus getting beat, when the Dragon WASN’T all energized up with the moon? I was amazed for two reasons. 1) Darkus getting beat EVER and 2) How powerful the dragon must be now. We all waited around for the Dragon to awaken. As Darkus thought, 30 minutes passed when the Dragon began to growl and rise from the pit. No water clung to the Dragon’s scales. His long neck rose out of the hole, as if it would never end. He stared at each of us, with the rage of the universe bolting down. The Dragon growled that seemed to make the ground shake. He opened his jaws slightly and we could see smoke pour out. This Dragon meant business. Darkus stepped forward from our group, and stared into the Dragon’s eyes. The next instant, Darkus was in the air, at eye level with the Dragon, his golden wings spread wide. The Dragon’s face seemed shocked when Darkus revealed his wings. “YOU!!!!” The Dragon roared and scowled at Darkus. What the heck was with this Dragon? What does Darkus’ wings mean to him? “Yes, that’s right. Great Dragon, I ask of you to offer me your essence. It doesn’t have to be violent. We are not here to kill you. I simply need your essence, that’s all we seek.” Darkus talked calmly as he floated in the air. “How dare you ask me that? My mortal enemy. I don’t know how you got here, but I will send you all back to where you came from.” The Dragon growled, his wings spreading, revealing black and lightning blue wings. “Please, Lightning Dragon. It doesn’t have to end this way.” Darkus tried to reason with him. “I’ll give you my essence when you kill me, PITIFUL HUMAN!” As he moved with such quickness that Darkus hardly countered. He hovered back, but he wasn’t quick enough. He had a large slash across his face, going from the top left side to the bottom right side of his face. It bled quite fast. We already saw blood drops on the ground under where Darkus was hovering. “Darkus!” I shouted. “I’m fine. Just go!” Darkus yelled down at us, then launched into the air above the Dragon. “You heard him! Let’s light this candle!” I gave the command, and we took off into the night air. I rushed between the Dragon’s legs and up behind it, wielding the sword I used in the last battle. I slashed through the Dragon’s skin flaps between support limbs. The Dragon stopped and turned to face me, enraged. I was scared stiff. I was telling myself to move but my body wasn’t responding, I was paralyzed. I saw the Dragon raise his clawed hand into the air and come crashing down, then my sight went black, with glimmers of light…..golden light. “Did I make it in time?” I heard a voice say to me. “I think so…” I said back. I realized I was could control myself again. I looked up to see Darkus‘ damaged face. It didn’t seem as bad as it looked when we first started fighting. He saved me in the nick of time. “Thanks, Darkus!” I said. “No problem.” He said as he turned his back on me to look at the Dragon. It was then I saw that Darkus’ black trench coat was slashed clean through straight downward, with a large gash in his back… Not a ton of damage, but definitely debilitating. “Darkus, you’re hurt. Please let me help you.” I said. “Not the time, Max. Just keep fighting. Avoid it’s stare. Those who even have the smallest amount of fear, which is most of you all who haven’t witnessed battle enough, will have. It’s stare make fear rise to the surface and paralyze you. Just don’t look into it’s red eyes.” Darkus told me with his back to me still. “Uh… Sure.” I said, not knowing what to say. “Good.” He replied then launched off again. I kept attacking the Dragon’s wings and legs. I was doing damage with fly by slashes but, I would look back to a damaged spot later in the battle and it would be gone. The healing, of course. We aren’t doing any damage if it can heal this way. I looked for Darkus. I couldn’t see him. Where was he? I flew around to the opposite side of the Dragon’s face to see Darkus lining up his blade with the Dragon’s eyes. He tucked in his wings and spun himself like a bullet towards the Dragon’s eyes. The Dragon just caught Darkus’ moves and turned his head throwing off his trajectory. Darkus, instead, hit the Dragon’s forehead, going inside his head and not coming out. “Hey Darkus! You okay?” I shouted toward the Dragon’s head. The Dragon was shouting in pain at this point, he stood still grabbing at the wound on his head. I then saw lightning shocks inside the Dragon’s head, and something flew out of the wound. It looked like, a large black rock. Something else came out of the wound and shot into the air then fell to the ground, hard. I let the dust settle the flew down to see Darkus lying in a crumpled heap. “Darkus!” I cried out as I landed beside him. “You alright?” He got to his feet. “I got it.” He exhaled. “Got what?” I asked. “I was able to disable his lightning ability by disabling the Lightning filter to his mouth. That rock I shot out was the filter. Without that he can’t breathe lightning.” Darkus breathed heavily. “Awesome, Darkus!” I said as I shot into the air and went straight towards the Dragon’s face. He can’t hurt me now, since he has no lightning, I thought. The Dragon opened his mouth and I could see a green cloud rise out of his throat. Then, all I saw was black. “Max….” I heard something speak then an outcry of pain. “I disabled his lightning, but not any of his other abilities.” It was Darkus again. He carried me to the ground. “Sorry Darkus. I am full of adrenaline and I am not thinking.” I replied getting all worked up. “I can see that. You need to think now,” Darkus spoke, another lecture. He turned around again to reveal his back completely uncovered. I saw the slash from the last save then I can see another circle impression that seemed to be eating away the flesh. “What the..?” I commented. “Acid.” Darkus replied. Now I felt bad, I got him slashed AND got acid on him. “Okay, that’s new. Since when could he do that?” I replied surprised. “It must have developed with his increased power.” Darkus replied, wincing. “We aren’t getting anywhere this way. We have to have them retreat.” Darkus said. “It’s going to get dangerous for everyone now.” I looked at him with my jaw hung open. It’s going to get bad for us NOW?!?! “Isn’t it already bad?” I questioned him. “Listen up!” Darkus called out “I need all of you to hide in the trees, NOW”Darkus grabbed his shoulder and tore off the remainder of his black overcoat. I backed up a few steps. “Darkus? Are you okay?” I heard Darkus growl a low growl I have never heard him make, his long black hair grew shorter before my eyes. I then looked at his back and saw the symbol at the base of his neck. A Demonic symbol I saw in the temple. It was glowing red with a black border. Oh no! I thought, it’s coming back. “Darkus? Darkus? Are you there?” I called for Darkus. He turned and looked over his bare shoulder at me, showing the red eyes. They ate away to my soul. He was bearing his teeth at me. I looked down at his hands and feet, claws protruding from the tips of his fingers and toes. He spread his wings from inside the damaged flesh of his back. The golden wings had become a glowing black and red pair of demonic wings. They no longer had feathers. They were more like Dragon wings, but the top structure of the wing was razor sharp, with one lone talon sticking out of it. Darkus is losing control I told myself. I was frozen again. Those eyes, they seemed to see into my soul. See the very fiber of my being. He turned around and faced me. I was reliving my nightmare. “Max….” The voice was low and mumbling “Go into the woods, I don’t want you seeing this.” Darkus has control? I asked myself. “D-Darkus?” I stuttered. “ Max, GO!” Darkus turned and looked at the Dragon still writhing in pain from the wound on his head. “Alright….” I listened and went into the forest. I entered the woods and found the rest of the group huddled together, scared of all the growls and roars that were shaking the field. I hadn’t noticed them because I was too busy trying to find the group. “Max!” The group said when the saw me. “Where’s Darkus?” Rsteg asked. “He is……. fighting the Dragon.” I spat out. “WHAT??!!?!” The group said simultaneously. “He is fighting? Why? He is going to get himself killed!” Rsteg cut off from the group and bounded into the woods going towards Darkus. “NO, Rsteg. COME BACK!!” I yelled as I went after him. I could hear the three boys following me. Great…. I was supposed to keep them out of the fight, now I am bringing them into it. I could see Rsteg break into the fighting zone. He stopped. I came along side him and put my hand on his shoulder. He was shaking mightily and staring at something. His glance was at Darkus. “Rsteg, Come on. We need to hide! Darkus said so!” The Dragon was beaten and bruised by Darkus at this point. The Dragon saw Rsteg and pointed his head and fired a Magma shot at Rsteg and I. I pulled on Rsteg’s shoulder and arm, trying to get him out of the line of fire. He was stone solid, I couldn’t move him. I couldn’t just leave him there to be melted. I kept pulling panic stricken. I closed my eyes and heard a sizzle. I didn’t feel any pain, so what happened? I turned around and saw a giant black silhouette looking down at me. I saw the eyes blink. Flashing the red eyes at me. Rsteg was still stone solid. Darkus placed his clawed hand over Rsteg eyes and pushed them closed, he loosened up and I pulled him back into the woods. I looked over my shoulder and saw Darkus turn and launch towards the Dragon, I gathered the boys and found a large tree trunk to hide in. Rsteg was so confused. He didn’t even know he was about to be killed. I explained to him how he just turned into a stone statue when he saw Darkus. He was SO out of it. The ground kept shaking from the battle nearby. Each outcry made me wonder if it was the Dragon or Darkus who was being hurt. Each outcry seemed to pull part of my soul out. I sat against the tree, holding my knees toward my chest. After an hour of battered outcries the victor seemed to roar loudly into the midnight air. He ground ceased to shake. We just waited in silence for an answer to the question each of us was screaming in our heads. Who won?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 1:11 pm

what's funny is that sounds like something rsteg would do.
Back to top Go down
Neo
LEVEL 3 BRAWLER
Neo

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
LIFE FORCE:

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:52 am

We heard loud footsteps not far from where we were hiding. The Dragon won. I nearly broke down. Even a Demon can’t beat this thing. Darkus couldn’t, a Demon couldn’t. What can? It was hopeless, Darkus was gone, and with it, our only effective weapon against The Director. Darkus’ vow to beat the Director would go unfulfilled. The foot steps faded away . I climbed out of the tree stump and walked to the grounds where the fight happened. The Dragon was there, climbing back into his hole. The Pure Water must heal him or something, so he needed to rest. The moon disappeared from the sky, making everything pitch black. The morning light crept over the horizon, giving me enough light to make my way across the field. The boys and Rsteg followed slowly behind me. We looked around the dimly lit field for an hour. We found broken rocks and shattered scales of the Dragon scattered about, but nothing else. What happened to him? The battlefield had many impressions of the Dragon giant feet, and then smaller pairs were spotted. Like a small Dragon foot print. Was this Darkus’ footprint? I followed them. The tracks stopped facing the giant hole. I looked across the hole and saw another pair. “Boys?!” I called. “Yeah! What did you find Max?” Blaze said as he came up to me. “I want you to follow the dragon footprints and tell me where they seem to end. I’m going to stay here. Just let me know when you have ended your trail.” I explained to him. “Sure, Max. I’m not sure what you are getting at because we know the Dragon slithered back into his hole.” Blaze said as he found a track and began to step into each foot deep depression in the ground. “Just trust me on this, okay?” I sternly answered. “Okay… but…. Wait, it ended here.” Blaze said as he looked up and was straight across from Max, looking over the hole in the ground. I knew then what had happened.

It began to rain, as we looked at each other. Once I realized that I was standing where Darkus last touched the earth, I began to feel sorrowed, but not sad. I don’t know why. Was the tiny flicker of hope that what I think happened, didn’t keep me from emotional break down? I wasn’t sure. I stood there for a few minutes just thinking, randomly. I spaced out and stared at the ground. The rain lightly pattered against the ground. Water dripped from each strand of hair on my head, a streak of water dripped down my face. ”Max….” I heard a whisper come from behind me. I turned around and there’s no one there. “Come…..” I heard the voice say again. That sensation that someone just whispered made me on guard. I looked around frantically. I scanned the trees. I saw something move, casting a shadow, and it disappeared into the growth. “Darkus?” I thought and took off into the woods, bounding over logs and rocks. “Come…” I kept hearing the voice whisper. Each time it sounded like the whisper came from behind me. “Max…” I heard it whisper again. I was beginning to get freaked out now. The more it whispered the more I could hear who it was. It got louder. I remembered now that I was heading back to where the boys and I hid during the fight. I was becoming almost so confused I can’t think. I just kept running in the direction the voice took me. I stopped to wait for another whisper. “Come…” I heard it speak again, I couldn’t tell where it was coming from… “Come….” Behind me! No one’s there. The whispers kept happening. Each one came from a different location. Where do I go now? I asked myself. Each voice led me in a different direction. I looked up and saw someone standing atop the trees, back to me. I smiled the biggest smile I have ever made. I flew up and tackled the figure. I was flung forward holding a bunch of leaves. “It…wasn’t real?” I whispered out loud. I saw another movement. I went after it. Each movement a disappointment. “Max…Come…” I heard it say again. “Where? Where are you?” I spoke loudly. “Come…” I heard it whisper, in a different voice this time. I KNEW this voice 100%. It was below me, on the forest floor. I soared down and landed on the soft grass of the sun drenched floor. The canopy of trees above allowed sunlight to reach the ground, allowing grass to grow. “I still hear your voice, but you aren’t really here.” I closed my eyes, to see Darkus amidst the darkness. I could see him save me again for the second time in that battle. I relived when he tore his trench coat from his back. I could see in great detail the muscle tone of his back, the blood shone with the light from the light of dawn. I never noticed how powerful he really looked. I knew how powerful he WAS, but never how powerful he LOOKED. He never liked to show off, I just thought he did. This time though, I heard him whisper “I’ll be with you forever, Max. You need someone to watch over you.” Hearing his REAL voice again made me anxious. I opened my eyes and saw no one. What was this? I closed my eyes again. I was looking at the Dragon. I charged at him and at the last second cut upward. I hovered above the Dragon and saw a bolt of Red and Black lightning fire from my outstretched hand, and strike the Dragon with a outcry of fear, anger and pain. What was this? This can’t be me. I thought. I saw wings appear on the side of the vision. They were black shining wings with red highlights. These were HIS wings? I opened my eyes again to clear the swelling tears from my eyes. I closed them again. I saw people, dressed in long black coats, like Darkus’ trench coat. They all had long hair like his. They looked in my direction with fearful expressions. I was looking down on them. Pillars fell, crushing these people. Large hands swung about, making men scatter, parts missing. The white marble floor turned red slowly, in splatters. It was horrifying. I was killing these people. I heard a cry from above. I turned to see a man falling down at me. He touched my head an chest, then he was flung away, in slow motion, I could see his leg separate from his stomach. My claws dripping with blood. The man landed. I couldn’t take it anymore, I opened my eyes and looked at my hands, foggy because of tear filled eyes. Darkus….. I closed my eyes and saw more of the attack, in slow motion. Each moment tore away part of my soul. I couldn’t imagine doing this, to my own people. I can’t imagine Darkus’ feelings when he remembered this. I couldn’t take the pain anymore, I opened my eyes, let tears fall slowly down my face, hitting the soft grass below. I closed my eyes again, praying I wouldn’t see that devastation again. I closed them and I saw a dark room, with gleaming metal sheens breaking apart the darkness. My view walked across the room and looked down at a shaded cage. I bend down and saw a foot jutting out of the shadows. My hands reached for the clasp on the cage and undid it. The figure inside the cage moved, and looked up at me, the light reflecting from it’s eyes. The eyes blinked slowly and sadly. I got up and backed away from the cage. The figure inside slowly crawled out of the shadows and out of the cage door. The figure stood up and looked at me. I was looking at myself. This was the memory of Darkus saving me from that school. I turned around and walked out of the room. I could hear footsteps behind me. I was following me. I began to run down the hall, I began to run behind me. (Okay, this is sounding strange) I heard shouting from a guard at the other end of the hall. I turned around, I saw myself running toward me, with bullets heading my way. I ran toward myself and grabbed me under the arms and I opened my wings and flew straight and fast towards a window at the end of the hallway. It was the dark of night, but the spotlights shone through the window. I curled my wings around myself and dove through the window, shattering it to pieces. Once were free of the glass, I opened my wings again and flew straight up and onto the rooftop. I stood on the edge of the rooftop, feeling the wind ruffle through my long hair and black feathers on my wings. I looked down at myself, being held limply in my arms. I took off again and the scene faded to black. I opened my eyes and smiled while tears streaked down my face. I closed them again, to see myself lying on a box, like a bed inside a warehouse somewhere. I walked over to myself n the box and placed a cup of water and a plate of food, looked like berries and a piece of melon, with a small piece of bacon. “Don’t give up on me” I whispered. I saw the figure wake up and looked up at me. The figure looked down at the food and ate it in a matter of seconds. Starved it, I mean, I was. The scene faded to black again. I opened my eyes, crying happy tears. “So, that’s how I was saved. I forgot about that all those years ago.” I closed my eyes again, wanting to see more of Darkus’ view. This time, I was looking from the box towards Darkus. I was linking my lost memories with his. I remembered what I thought of him all those years ago. What has it been 5 years, maybe more? I saw him and I saw him being mysterious. Until he spoke to me, I called him Mysterious. I knew nothing about him. I wasn’t sure if he was safe, but he looked at me and his deep red eyes seemed to say that he was good. I wasn’t seeing my memories only. My memories were becoming his. This wasn’t my dream, it was his memories, with mine. I opened my eyes again. “He saved me from that school. I forgot that he WAS my hero. The lion in my fantasies. Coming to save me from evil. He took me from all that I knew, and showed me how it feels to hope.” I closed my eyes again and continued to see memories of Darkus and I, our views flickering back and forth. “You with me, facing tomorrow. Together, I can learn to fly.” I remembered saying that about him, after I began to become like his family. “The power I feel when I am with you cannot be described. I feel like I am living in the Lion’s mouth, clamping shut each time to protect me. Opening to let me see, and giving me nourishment. The mouth never closed on me, just around me. This lion was an angel.“ The flashbacks came and went, each as meaningful as any moment he has saved me. The moments were action filled to emotional, Each one, even the bad times, made me smile. I finally saw everything that Darkus and I had achieved. How could I move on without him and carry his life with me. Was he trying to tell me something? Was I supposed to be his living legacy? Carry his life with mine? Fulfill his dreams? See his dreams through these memories. His memories were like a ghost, with it’s host being my heart. Haunting me in a way in which I never hated. “You said you would be with me forever, Darkus. I guess this is what you always meant.” I said aloud as I looked up to the sky, where sun had begun to break through the treetop and rain light and warmth upon me. A tear rolled down my face, reflecting every bit of sun with it. I opened my eyes and saw golden sparks floating into the air coming from my feet. I looked down and saw a letter glowing on the ground, with a golden feather blade pinning it to he ground. I bend down and grabbed the golden feather, it was warm, I smiled a small smile, and picked up the letter and opened it. The writing was fancy, but legible.

If you get there before I do, don’t give up on me. I’ll meet you when my deals are through. I’m not sure how long I‘ll be. I’m not going to let you down. Max, just wait and see. Between now and then, until I see you again, I’ll be loving you……. Love me….

I was crying when I finished reading it. It was hard to believe that it would end this way. I had more questions than ever before. The first one being “Did you really mean that?”. Would I ever get it answered? I sat down in the grass and fell on my back and laid in the grass for what seemed like an eternity. The sun warmed my skin and made me feel alive. I never felt this alive before. The world felt brand new to me. Wide open. I closed my eyes and relived more memories, looking for an answer to any of my questions. I couldn’t find them. Strangely the questions made me feel more confident. I felt more empowered than ever before. I opened my eyes and got up and looked up through the trees, a gentle wind blowing through my wings and hair. I knew I had to move on and follow the path Darkus was leading me down. I have to carry his with me. I was still nervous that I wasn’t powerful enough to take down the Director like we planned these past few months. I don’t think I am strong enough to protect any of my friends. What if I fail? The more I thought the more I slipped back into my old rut.

Just then, I heard people stumbling through the woods, one person actually. I heard Blaze yell above me, “Here she is!” He landed beside me. Rsteg came stumbling over a bush and came over to me. The other two boys followed slowly after. “What happened Max? You were there one minute, and then you were gone. Where did you go?” I had a plain look on my face. I finally responded. “I heard him, but he wasn’t there. I stopped here and waited for you to find me.” They all looked very confused. “Darkus…. He isn’t coming with us.” They all looked shocked. “He didn’t win….” Rsteg sighed. “I’m not sure I am strong enough to do this by myself.” I sighed. “Max…. “ Rsteg said. “You took all of us,” Blaze said. “from all that we knew” Jake said. “And showed all of us how it feels to hope.” Haos finished. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. A lone tear ran down my face. I closed me eyes, and knew what I, I mean, we had to do. I was more confident than ever and it could never die.

You are here and all is well.

Last edited by Max on Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:01 pm

lol i am so congused now XD.
Back to top Go down
Neo
LEVEL 3 BRAWLER
Neo

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
LIFE FORCE:

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:03 pm

The light reflected in my eyes, the last light. A defeated soul, lying on the ground. The last thing I saw was a blur of motion being thrown into the air and dropping limply into the abyss of the beasts throat. The world went black, however, I could still see. My eyes weakly held open. My face, very dull, spacy. I slowly blinked. I didn’t fight back, it was over. I’m not supposed to be scared of anything, but I don’t know where I am. I wish that I could move, but I’m exhausted and nobody understands how I feel. I am trying hard to breathe now but there’s no air my lungs. There’s no one here to talk to, and the pain inside is making me numb. I try to hold this under control. They can’t help me because no one knows these changes. I stared out at the black abyss before me. I felt like I was floating, just hovering on nothingness. That’s all I amounted to, nothing. I gave up on myself. I was fighting for my life, now I just didn’t care. I just stared at the darkness, and it stared back at me. “I had failed. Who was I kidding? Fighting back the forces of Nature? No man or beast can control Nature. “ I thought to myself. The words echoed in my head. I stared at the nothingness that I was. “No man or beast can control Nature.” I whispered aloud as I closed my eyes for the last time. I could see red eyes, but mine were closed. They stared at me, not threatening. I made my last few thoughts before I went. Most of them were about my friends, how I told them to flee, escape this death I put upon myself. The death I deserved. I thought of the lone person that I felt benefited from my life. I remembered all the moments with her. How I saved her from the school, taught her to fly, protected her in each ambition she took on. My last thought was a dream, of her and me.

I had a dream - of the wide open prairie
I had a dream - of the pale morning sky
I had a dream - that we flew on golden wings
And we were the same - just the same - you and I
Follow your heart - little child of the west wind
Follow the voice - that's calling you home
Follow your dreams - but always, remember me
I am your brother - under the sun

Whenever you hear - the wind in the canyon
Whenever you see - the buffalo run
Wherever you go - I'll be there beside you
Cos I am your brother - your brother under the sun

I couldn’t help but have my failure sneak back into the forefront of my mind before I became nothing. “No man or beast can control Nature” I thought aloud. I heard was a low growl that sounded “But…..”
Back to top Go down
Neo
LEVEL 3 BRAWLER
Neo

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
LIFE FORCE:

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:04 pm

That grass, the woods, those words. They all felt like a dream. The sight of the boys finding me made that dream a reality. Those words were true. His death real. I couldn’t imagine what happened to him in those final moments. I’d imagine he wanted us to keep guessing. “Max…. “ I heard. It repeated itself and slurred back to clarity. It was the boys. I shook my head, and cleared it out as best I could. “Max, what’s going on with you?” I heard Rsteg asked a little irritated. “Sorry, guys, I uh… fell and hit my head when jumping over that bush.. I am just tired.” I told them rubbing the back of my head. “Well, Okay… “ Rsteg said seeming suspicious. “Let’s go…. We should find someplace to camp. For the night.” I said, sadly. “What about the temple? Let’s go back there.” Jake said, excitedly. “We can’t… we don’t know where we are. We were teleported here…. By…. Him. Remember?” I said letting sadness cross my face. “Oh… yeah….” Jake muttered back.

We wandered through the woods for a few hours and found a stream with a waterfall, forming a pool. “I guess this is the best we are going to find before nightfall. We’ll stay here for the night.” I declared. “Alright, Darkus.” Rsteg replied stopping quickly. “What was that Rsteg?” I asked to clarify, thinking I was hearing things. “Uhhh… I said alright, Max.” Rsteg said in a bit higher pitch than normal. “Okay, I thought I was hearing things.” I replied giving a shallow smile. “Alright, do whatever you wish to guys. Until we go to sleep it’s free time.” I announced. The three boys and ran jumped into the water, opened their wings and pushed themselves around in the water with them. Haos was actually strong enough to try and fly up the inside of the waterfall. Rsteg sat under a nearby tree and just closed his eyes focusing. “So, when are we going after the Director anyway, Max?” he asked. He had a point. I don’t know where we are. We could be half way across the world from the Director. While that is safe, we need to find where we are and get to the school again. “If only we had him,” I whispered. Oh, Darkus. Why did you have to leave us stranded? NO! what was I thinking. He saved us. I would take being stranded over being dead anytime. “I don’t know Rsteg. It’s hard. We don’t know where we are, so I don’t know how long we will need to travel in order to get back to the School.” I replied. “I see.” Rsteg replied.

The boys played until dark and Rsteg just slept. I sat in a high tree and watched the suun set, and the moon rise. “Just think Darkus, we fought those two spirits in the past few days. And it turned out the Moon was the stronger one” I whispered aloud. “Max…” I heard that whisper again. It sounded like it came from behind me, then in front of me, all around me. I closed my eyes to focus on the sound. “I can still feel you, Darkus. What is it?” Behind my eyelids, all I saw was black, with flickers of light, but nothing else. What was this? I saw visions before, but nothing now? Was I doing something wrong? I wish I could see more.
We all settled in for bed, we had enough blankets now, since we lost a member. I closed my eyes and fell asleep. Inside the darkness a voice arose. “Max… “ That cursed voice. “Darkus.” I heard myself say in my dream. “Speak to me. Where are we? Where did you bring us? Where do we go now to get back to the School? I need to take on the Director like you wanted us to. I need your help.” I looked around in the darkness, then he faded to life. “Darkus!” I exclaimed. The place around us faded to a grassland, distant mountains. The sun shone brightly. He stood there, arms folded. I ran to him. It seems like it has been so long since I saw him, when it had only been a day. I phased through him as soon as I touched him. “So, you aren’t alive. Huh, Darkus?” I asked. He only stared at me with those same old eyes. “Is that what ‘If you get there before I do’ means? Heaven? “ I asked. He didn’t reply at first. After a few silent seconds. “It’s all up to you Max.” he replied in his same old voice. “I know it is Darkus. I need your help. If you are with me, please tell me where to go.” I asked contently. “We’ll see. “ He replied. “I know you can beat him Max. I have not left your side. If you go, then so will I. Let your instincts guide you. The wind will call your name. It will call you to where you wish to go. Listen to the wind. It does more than support you, Max. It speaks to you. Look at what’s around you. It often speaks in mysterious ways.” I looked at him, as if he was still alive. “So, listen to Nature?” I thought to myself. “Correct, Max. Nature is the strongest force in the world. Nothing can control it. “ I looked at him with surprised eyes. Did he just read my mind. “That’s right Max.” Okay, now I was freaked out. The visions started to fade. “Darkus, don’t leave me! I don’t want to lose you again!” I shouted to him, while I reached my arm out towards him. In return he reached for me, keeping his feet planted firmly in the grass. The grassland, everything faded to black just as our hands were to catch each other.

I opened my eyes to see the boys waking up, packing up their blankets. I stood up, packed mine into a neat roll and pulled a strap across my shoulder to carry it on my back. “Where do we go now Max?” Blaze asked still wiping the sleep from his eyes. I gave a small smile and pointed to the air. “We go up. We’re going to fly today. We will make more distance than walking that way.” I declared to them, frankly I needed to stretch mine. “A-hem.” Rsteg coughed. “What about me? I don’t have wings anymore since Darkus’ energy fed the. Ones he gave me” He was right. I closed my eyes, I felt the sensation to say something stupid but, he told me to trust my instincts so, I gave it a shot. “Have you tried opening them recently, Rsteg?” Rsteg gave me a look saying “Are you stupid?” written all over it. “No, but if you want me to show you for you to believe me then fine.” Rsteg turned around and closed his eyes to focus his circuitry to open the wing panels on his back. A pair of bright blue wings unfolded from his back. “See? I have no…WHAT?! I have them? But how? “ Rsteg asked startled and confused. Good question. I closed my eyes with a smile. “Good work, Max.” I heard whispered into my head. “Then it’s decided, we fly. Let’s not wait around.” I said with a jump into the air. My wings felt lighter today, oddly enough.

We lifted into the air. We all flew just fine, no injuries from the fight. I breathed a sigh of relief. “Max do you know where we are going?” Jake yelled from behind. I didn’t know where I was going, I was feeling where I was going. I didn’t have a plan. “He said instincts will lead the way last night, so I am suing them.” I yelled back. “Last night? Are you okay Max?” My mind wanted me to say no, but my heart told me to say yes. So, that’s what I did.

We flew for a few hours, changing course every few hours, after a close of my eyes, I could see his directing was leading me there. “Max.” I heard him whisper. “You need to rest, you are getting within range that he can find you.” Once I heard this, I dropped down into the trees below us. “We will set up camp here for the night. We are getting close.” I announced. “How do you know, Max. You can’t say you are relying on instincts all this time!” Jake spoke loudly. “Jake, easy… Instincts are powerful tools if used in the right hands.” Blaze said while putting a hand on Jake’s shoulder. “Well, she hasn’t used them before. Darkus always told her to, and she hasn’t until today. How do we know we can trust her underused instincts?” Jake rationalized. “Uh… Good point, Jake.” Blaze said and turned for an answer from me. “We Aren’t trusting my instincts, we are trusting HIS.” I announced to the group. “Are you sure you aren’t just missing him, Max? You have become very unorthodox in the past days since he died.” Rsteg questioned. “ You’ll have to trust me.” I announced sincerely. Each of them looked at each other and went about setting up their belongings to rest. It was nearly sunset. The sunset. I was looking forward to dreaming again tonight. I need all the guidance I can get for what is going to happen tomorrow. I closed my eyes and let myself drift into sleep, awaiting a very good night’s rest.
Back to top Go down
Neo
LEVEL 3 BRAWLER
Neo

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
LIFE FORCE:

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 2:13 am

Sound the bugle now... play it just for me
As the seasons change... remember how I used to be
Now I can't go on...I can't even start
I've got nothing left... just an empty heart.

I'm a soldier... wounded so I must give up the fight
There's nothing more for me... lead me away
Or leave me lying here

Sound the bugle now... tell them I don't care
There's not a road I know that leads to anywhere
Without a light, I fear that I will stumble in the dark
Lay right down and decide not to go on

The voice echoed in the darkness around me. Heard the words, but they faded from my mind after an instant. I was gone. I wasn’t worth saving all along. I just laid there, being read what seemed to be my last rights.. I wasn’t listening to anything that was being said. A foreign voice I didn’t care about. I felt myself falling deeper and deeper into the recesses of death. I was going to drown in it. I could feel my chest push in on itself, getting smaller and smaller. Compressing lungs to mere nothingness. I was nothing. My breaths became more shallow with each breath, with each foot I fell. I was still surprised my body didn’t give up when my mind had. Was it my will, that stayed strong? All this time…. My instincts were even dead. The voice stopped. That too faded away. I was left alone, a broken tool, left to rust and weather away. The silence seemed to close in and strangle the last bit of life from me. It had me in it’s hands, around my neck, ready to crush it in a mere flick of a finger. Then from on high, somewhere in the distance There's a voice that calls, "Remember who you are... if you lose yourself, Your courage soon will follow, So be strong tonight... remember who you are" I heard this voice clearly, as if my mind paid attention to it. I was regaining feeling. I opened my eyes, I saw a demon holding me up from my neck, ready to break it and end me. That voice continued to speak to me, getting closer and closer, until the whisper sounds like it was behind me. I slowly turned my head to look over my shoulder. I saw her, standing there, I blinked dazily at her. Was I seeing things? I had to be. I was reliving my last few memories, my mind being erased. “Darkus….You’re a soldier now, fighting in a battle, to be free once more. Is that worth fighting for?” The voice was soft and quiet, and trailed off. She faded from sight. She had never said those words before. How I could be remembering something that wasn’t said before. The words she said were true. It was worth fighting for….but how could I? I was dead, nothing, just trash to be spent by something, a sacrifice to the Beast who ended me.

I turned my gaze back to the thing holding me. I looked into those deep red eyes. I saw myself in them. Was this me….as a demon? No… it was different somehow. It wasn’t a demon, it had harder skin, darker, the teeth were more like fangs, than just sharp teeth. The eyes were more elongated. A symbol appeared on his forehead. I saw this mark before…. I remember that it was the one on my back. Was he just trying to fool me, with physical attributes he could see. I died without something covering my back, my trench coat slashed during the fight. The mark on his forehead glowed, I felt mine on the back of my neck burn with fire. I felt an intolerable amount of pain. I didn’t fight it. It would be the killing blow to me. My chest began to burn and tingle with numbness. Both at the same time. I closed my eyes and let myself go….
Back to top Go down
Neo
LEVEL 3 BRAWLER
Neo

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
LIFE FORCE:

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 2:18 am

Sleep came on quickly, since I was flying all day. The darkness was there…. “Darkus?” I called out to hear it echo endlessly. “My instincts are doing me well, but I fear I won’t have the physical strength to do it on my own. I need your help.” I called out again. I thought it was going to go unanswered, until he appeared. He appeared like he did like last time, just tired. Like he had been fighting since the last dream I had of him. He spoke to me…

Follow your heart - little child of the west wind
Follow the voice - that's calling you home
Follow your dreams - but always, remember me
I am your brother - under the sun

We are like birds of a feather
We are two hearts joined together
We will be forever as one
I am your brother - under the sun ….

He spoke to me in a tired voice, as if begging me to listen. I listened and didn’t understand, until he spoke the last two lines. Once I realized what he mean, he stepped forward, and kept doing so until he stood about a foot from me. He reached out and put his hands on my shoulders. I could feel the weight of them, he felt alive, as if he never left. "You’re a soldier now, Fighting in a battle, To be free once more. That is worth fighting for. If you lose yourself, Your courage soon will follow. So be strong tonight... Remember who you are" He said looking into my eyes, not sternly like normal, but happily, as if trying to convince me. I was convinced. “We are one, therefore I am with you. Max, you have the strength. When one person dies, their strength is passed onto those who that person loved, whether as friend of family. You have the strength to win Max. Just remember who you are, what you have done and what you can do.” He finished. “I haven’t done much, Darkus. You have done everything notable. “ I muttered while closing my eyes. When I opened them, he was gone. I stood there alone. “Come…. now, Max,” I heard him say behind me. I felt his hands on my shoulders again. He wrapped his Golden wings around me and continued. “You saved those boys from the School. Without you they wouldn’t have had a life. I did the same for you remember? You have just begun your time with them. I hadn’t done much before I saved you, Max. Now look. I had done more for you than I ever thought I could have. You can do the same, Max. You just have to remember those around you. You feed them their energy and they feed you theirs. You need to remember those, both alive and dead, that can give you energy. Fight for them Max, and they will fight for you.” He finished and faded away. I stood there in the darkness and thought about what he had said. I realized he was right. I waited for morning to come.
Back to top Go down
Neo
LEVEL 3 BRAWLER
Neo

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
LIFE FORCE:

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:13 am

I awoke feeling more confident than ever before. My last dream made me realize that I am a force to be reckoned with. I was ready. I could feel it. I woke before the rest of them, for once. I got up folded my blanket up and sat trying to focus myself for the fight at hand. I thought about how to get inside the School without causing a lot of fuss. I woke the boys and got them together like Darkus used to before a battle. I was no good at rousing speeches, but it was needed at this moment. “Alright guys…. As you know we are going to be fighting the Director and his minions soon. I was thinking last night and this morning. I have come to a realization, that a frontal assault is needed. We will fly over the school and attack form above. The sky is our best element. We need to use it to our advantage. Follow me when we get there. Just remember our opponents are no different than us. They just haven’t tasted freedom like we have. I have a friend amongst his ranks. I plan to get her back. I’ll make this short and sweet, so let’s GO!” I cried out as I thrust my fist into the air and jumped into the sky. The rest of the boys cheered and followed closely behind. “Watch it now, boys. The Director can track us since we are so close. Just watch out.” I said while looking around below us. “ Got it.” The boys answered back.

We flew for about an hour before we saw signs of the schools experiments. Remains were scattered throughout the woods, a primates skeleton with wings. Not a doubt about it. We were close. I began to think as we flew the last half hour to the School. How to fight the Director, without us getting killed. I got it!

We could see the School in the distance. A shiver went up my spine. I hoped I would never have to come back here. This time, things were different. The School had grown in size. The aerial defenses were stronger, the walls were higher, the troops inside the walls were armored. Each one looked the same. I started to think of back-up plan. I had nothing. I had to go with my first idea, my gut instinct. “Alright, boys. Follow me…” I flew in to the front of the opening to the School. I was staring fear in the face. I’m not going to lie. I WAS FREAKED OUT! I was scared out of my mind. My wings were even shaking. The Walls opened revealing an army of winged guards. They each carried a gun and a sword. They grasped the gun as they trotted towards us. Their wings shone behind their backs. The wings were METAL!?!? Since when did the Director make wings out of anything besides living skin and feathers? This angered me. He was slowly turning victims into machines! Having living wings still made you a human being, but have metal appendages you aren’t supposed to have normally makes me sick. NOW, I really wanted to take out this mad scientist once and for all. I was determined to take him down. I stood there, watching the oncoming troops. I then looked at our group of 5, versus all these troops. It was hopeless, he was ready for us. “Stop!” I yelled to the troops oncoming. “We surrender” I mumbled. “WHAT?!?!” Jake yelled. “Tell me you are joking!” He asked pulling my shoulder back. “No, I can’t stand watching you die here. We can at least live in there, as test subjects. “ I snapped back. “Max, think about this. We haven’t even fought yet.” Blaze spoke. “ That’s the point. If we surrender openly, they might not kill us.” I yelled back over the sirens sounding. “Max, let’s run! We can still make it out of here alive.” Rsteg yelled. “We can’t they will kill us by the time we hit the sky. It’s over.” I said and closed my eyes and hung my head. “NO! I am running. Max. Goodbye.” Rsteg and the boys took off into the sky. The soldiers fired. I saw each one was hit and fell to the ground. I just hung my head and was disgraced that I gave up so soon. I heard one final shot, I felt pressure on my left shoulder. I was hit. My sight went black and I fell to the ground.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 10:39 am

steg said he is upset he died like that he wishes he wanted to have died fighting. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 1:38 pm

i hate being his messenger but he says he can't get back in because his IP is banned but he says he says he's sorry for disobeying you in the story and running (well technically flying) away in it.
Back to top Go down
Neo
LEVEL 3 BRAWLER
Neo

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
LIFE FORCE:

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:34 am

Blinding darkness surrounds me and I am reaching for you only. This hopelessness that drowns
all that I believe will be the one thing that I need for you only. There's a hunger it's slowly growing, chasing shadows but never knowing. If all that I have done is keeping me from you than can the arms of mercy bring the rescue to return to you. But, I am so far from home. I felt empty, nothing. I wondered why I could still feel. I was just there, an empty shell of my former self. I wish mercy would have just ended it. Just take me out. I was done. I felt like I was slowly being sucked away, becoming smaller. I felt a burst of pain felt like it was coming from my core. I was rapidly drained of the remaining energy I had left. I clung to life, as if the ledge got smaller and smaller. I could hear a voice whispering. What it was saying I don’t know. It seemed to be repeating the same thing over and over again…. The ledge gave way. I guess they heard my begging thoughts. Familiar voice. I keep on running, farther, faster and keep on searching, for this haunting has an answer. I know you will find me in orbit for I am breathing only for this, for you only. But, I am so far from home.

After what had happened, I wasn’t surprised I was dead before I hit the ground. I felt living still. I began ot regain consciousness and feeling. I moved my fingers, they grasped metal bars. I opened my eyes to see blurs of shines and shadows. I let my eyes focus. I saw someone leaning over me. I noticed then I was in a cage. “Uhh…. What happened?” I heard a voice say beside me. It was Blaze. I then looked ot see the other boys stir from their rest. “You were hit with Paralyzing Darts little ones. You were knocked out for a few hours. You are inside the School now, safe from harm of the outside world. Relax, you won’t be seeing the light of the sun for a long, long time.” The man looking over me said. It was the Director. I snarled at him. I was exhausted. I could barely move. I only stared at him as he turned and left. I got to my knees and leaned against the side of the cage. “Well, at least we aren’t dead.” I mumbled. “Yeah, Max. We AREN’T dead. I would rather have died with your boyfriend than come back to this torture chamber. What to set us up for failure.” Jake said staring at me with anger filled eyes. His comment angered me. “BOYFRIEND? He was NOT! He was like a brother to me. The closest person I could trust. How dare you say that about HIM! All I see when I close my eyes his him! His memories are haunting me. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT’S LIKE?” I yelled as my fingers grasped the iron bars of the cage floor. “Well, I would rather have died with a fight than be shoved in here again and be test subjects for some evil scientist.” Jake replied with a scowling face. I just collapsed from lack of energy. “There’s nothing we can do now, Jake. Just have to suck it up and go on with this. It’s better than being dead.” I said as I curled up against the side of the cage with my back facing the boys and fell asleep.

“What’s happening? I heard Blaze call. I woke with a startle. “What’s going on?” I spoke. “I’m not sure but, there’s sirens going off. That means someone has broken the perimeter of the School. But who?” I could only think of one person, but that was impossible now. We were able to overhear a guard in the hallway. “False alarm, it was just a wolf wandering around. It was shot. We can use it’s DNA for some experiments. Winged Wolves maybe. We all looked at each other. Winged Wolves? He is messing with Nature. NOTHING can mess with nature and not get repercussions. We were scared… Who’s to say that they won’t use that DNA on us. Make us into some human-wolf-bird hybrids. I like the way I am. I don’t want to become anything more or less than what I am now. I still had no energy left. I went to sleep again. No dreams of him, no memories, nothing.

I awoke again to an alarm… yet it was false again. This time the guard said it was a Lion. Strange, a lion, here? I remembered what I thought that day I talked to him in my dream. A small flicker was illuminated in my heart. They planned to use the DNA again. I heard one guard come and talk to the two on duty. “Alright boys, you’re off. Go take a rest.” A low voice sounded. “Alright, thanks buddy.” One of the guard replied and two sets of feet walked off down the hallway and down the stairs. There was only one guard now. Now was the time to attack. We had the numbers now. It was the middle of the night, the guards would all be asleep by now. We could escape and not get caught. “Alright, boys. Here’s what we do. We need to find a way through these bars. Rsteg, are your weapons online?” I looked at Rsteg. “Yeah, my Short Range Laser is anyway. That should be enough to cut through the bars but, I am too weak to launch them right now.“ After he replied, the lone guard entered the room and walked up to our cage and looked down at us. He reached for something in his pocket. The guard was dawned in black clothing with armored plates covering his shoulders, chest, and legs. He also had a helmet on that covered his face, just two eye shaped holes to see. It was too dark to see the eyes behind the helmet. I was weary of what he was going to do. He threw 5 pellets onto the cage floor. I looked at them. “Eat those.” He muttered and walked out. “What was that about?” I asked the others. “I’m not sure, but it can’t be much worse than what we are in right now.” Jake said as he scooped up one of the pellets and swallowed it. After a few moments I could see Jake’s face perk up, his muscles grow. “I feel as good as new. Eat them guys, they help. They really do.” Jake said like normal. I picked up the pellet and forced it down, despite the rotten taste. I felt back to normal after a few moments. “Rsteg, alright, use your Laser to bust us out.” I told Rsteg. “Alright. You might want to stand back” Rsteg said as he stared at the bars. A flurry of red light leaped from Rsteg’s shoulders and melted the bars clean through, enough for us to slip out. Just after that moment the siren’s went off again. I approached the door and looked out. “No guard?” I told the rest of them. “He must have gone to see what the siren was about. It seems it wasn’t us the siren went off for. Now’s our chance.” Blaze replied. I opened the door and stepped outside. I ran down the hallway towards a window, they boys following close behind. I opened the window to hear a flurry of bullets come whizzing by my head. “They’re onto us!” I yelled over the siren. “Great….” Jake replied. “Down the stairs.” I yelled as I ran to the stairs. No one was there. A guard stepped in front of the ground level door to the stairway, facing away from us. “They went that way!” he yelled to about 10 guards and they took off down the ground floor hallway. “Did someone else escape too?” I asked the boys.” “I’m not sure, but let’s use this scramble while we can.” Haos muttered as we ran down the hallway. So far so good. I could see a door, it seemed like it was free of any guards outside. “ I touched the door and it was locked. “Just great. It’s locked from the outside. Must be a security lock.” I told the boys. “Rsteg, can you make another shot?” I asked. “I think so, but not enough to make a hole for us to get out.” Rsteg answered. “You don’t need to, Rsteg. Aim at the lock there.” Haos said and pointed at the keyhole. “Yeah!” Rsteg said and aimed, shot clean through.. The door swung open with ease. We ran outside, not a soul in sight. We heard guards yell from inside the School. “The intruder is outside, he escaped the Campus. Go back to your posts. “ He yelled. To the rest of the guards. They all walked back to their posts. “We have to move, they will know we escaped upstairs if we wait too long.” Rsteg said that, the intercom system screeched and went silent. “Guards, the prisoners in containment upstairs escaped during the last alarm. Guards get outside. Aerial defense guards get online immediately.” We could see guard running outside to the walls and inside a elevator to get to the mounted units atop the wall. “Great, we need to move.” I said as I ran full speed towards the wall. A light shined into my face. “Got you! There they are men, in sector 23A. Spotlight will remain targeted on the escapees. Take them down. No bullets men, the Director wants them ALIVE and unharmed as you can get them” The voice over the intercom announced. “Follow me.” I yelled as I ran along the outside of the building, towards the front gate, the only escape. “Max, FLY!” Jake yelled. “We can’t they have an invisible laser system 20 feet off the ground, if we fly we will get zapped. I know when I was here before I escaped the first time. “Those scientists have thought of everything, haven’t they?” Blaze said. I have to admit, I’m not sure how we were going to get out of there. We reached the front side of the school. We could see the front gate on the wall. “There it is.” I said and booked it for the gate. One man stood in between us and the gate. “Max.” The man said. “Stop this now, and I won’t kill you.” It was the Director. “You’re a monster. I’m not going to trust you won’t harm us.” I said and stopped running, I just stared at him, the boys right behind me. “I said I wasn’t going to kill you. I never said I wasn’t going to harm you.” The Director said and went into a fit of maniacal laughter. “I plan to make you 5 the center of my next line of experiments, Winged Wolf Lions. The most agile and powerful beasts the world will ever know! HAHAHAHA” The Director cackled. “Monster! You are messing with the natural order of things. You can’t control Nature! No man or beast can control nature!” I yelled his way, as troops closed in around us. “But, maybe a God can.” I heard a voice yell down at us. I looked up to see a figure silhouetted with a spot light at his back, standing on the school‘s roof. The figure looked down at me with soulless eyes. Was this one of the Director’s weapons? Was he showing this to us to show what demons we will become after he is through with us? The figure growled and shone it’s claws in the light. The light hit my face and I felt like my energy was sucked away in that instant, I became scared. My emotions blocking wall crumbled down in one instant. I could feel the energy this beast gave off. It was immense. The figure unfolded it’s wings. They weren’t Avian wings. They were anything but. They were demonic in it’s figure. The light behind him hid the details. This certainly wasn’t a natural experiment. This thing was anything but natural.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:20 am

yay darkus is back (i think)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Flock: Max's Story
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next