Bakugan Hyperspace (New Vestroia)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bakugan Hyperspace (New Vestroia)

The next installment of Bakugan Hyperspace! Even more action packed and thrilling than the prequel!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Flock: Max's Story

Go down 
+7
german88
Guest14
Guest5
Guest12
yugi58
spectrahelios
Neo
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Guest12
LEVEL 5 BRAWLER
Guest12

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
The Flock: Max's Story - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue4000/1000000The Flock: Max's Story - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (4000/1000000)
LIFE FORCE:
The Flock: Max's Story - Page 5 Pbucket0/500The Flock: Max's Story - Page 5 DpGFogC  (0/500)

The Flock: Max's Story - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 9:19 am

“Oh great….” I mumbled under my breath. “Let me at him!!” I spoke to Darkus. “No, Max. I have a feeling he is after you. Let me handle this.” As soon as he said that he took off. I just stood there and watched him fight that machine. He was never struck by a blow. However, he couldn’t land any either. Darkus caught a large sword that the machine swung downward at Darkus. Darkus grabbed the blade and flipped up and over the machine landing on one knee about 15 feet away. The machine seemed to be confused by Darkus’ movement. It seemed to stall. I landed beside Darkus. “Are you alright?” I asked him, keeping an eye on the machine. “Max….” Darkus spoke as he rose his arms across his chest and pretended to grab something on his shoulders. “Stand back. This thing is not looking for us. It’s close.” I stepped away like he asked as he closed his eyes and began to glow blue again. What was happening to him? Was he alright? He sounds like he is going bonkers!!!! I just stood back and let things unfold. Maybe that wasn’t a good idea…..

Darkus lifted his head and opened his eyes. His eyes weren’t red anymore, they were electric blue. His eye didn’t look the same either. They were a dragon’s eyes…. I remember those from a book I once read about mythical creatures who harnessed immense strength and were worshiped for their godly power. Darkus just stared at the machine as it turned to face him. The machine’s shoulders popped open, revealing two rapid shot guns. They lined up a shot at Darkus. Darkus didn’t move, just stared. I heard a shot go off once….. Twice…. Three times…. Four times…. Five times…..Six times….. Darkus didn’t move, he took the shots. His body flinched each time a shot was received. The shoulder, the base of the neck, the left leg, the right leg, right arm and left arm. One place left to hit….The machine didn’t move after the 6 shots. I heard clicking inside the machine. It’s reloading I thought. I looked towards Darkus with fear. Did I just witness his death? I could see the blood spatter running down his leather cloak, the bullet holes spurting blood at times. I was frozen with fear. Darkus just stared at the machine. I heard 5 clicks, Darkus hadn’t moved. One left to reload before it would be delivered again. I tried to cry out but I was petrified. I blinked, Darkus was gone. I heard a metallic clang. I looked over to the machine, Darkus was in it’s face with one sword through it’s chest. The other sword hung by his side in a death grip. Where did those swords come from, he only has one long one. I heard a clink, then a shot. At the same instant I heard a swooshing noise I saw a flash of green and gray run by me and towards Darkus. The figure was struck partway to Darkus and it landed on the ground, whimpering. I looked at Darkus, his second sword was up in front of his face. I then knew what happened. I looked at Darkus, who looked toward me out of the corner of his eye. I then looked toward the figure on the ground. Darkus knew what I was thinking. So, he used the free sword to slice the machines head off it’s shoulders, then did some extra damage. Once he was finished, he ran over to the being and knelt beside it. The figure looked like a dog, but larger, wolf maybe? It lifted it’s head and it’s eyes began to glow. A the eyes grew brighter until it enveloped Darkus and the wolf-dog thing…. The glow remained for about 15 seconds, then faded, revealing nothing. Again… I was ditched. I figured I would hang around for a few hours. I tried to get back into the river cave. I couldn’t find the entrance again. It’s like it never existed. I plunged in and out of the water at fast speeds, all to no avail. I just sat in the grass and waited. I let the warm sun tickle my skin. It was nice to just relax and not have pain from healing. I was worried where Darkus was, or what that thing that ran by me was. “Green and gray…. Wolf like….” I thought out loud….. I then remembered from the depths of my memory, the Director’s symbol or crest, was green…. “The Director!” I said out loud, screaming…. Oh no….. I just sat there, shocked. I began to pray Darkus would come back, alive…..

My vision was all green. I couldn’t see anything. I was just surrounded by green. The green began to fade. I could see trees, and a cloudy sky. Lightning would shoot off every so often. “I need a better view” I whispered. I leaped into the air and Saw nothing but an expanse of trees. However, there was a large steep stone mountain jutting from the ground. Suddenly a bolt of lightning shot from the air and struck my wing. Time seemed to stop when the surge hit me. “You won’t be needing these. Travel to the gateway to the Gods door, if you can.” Then maniacal laughter echoed through my mind and faded. Time returned to normal. I began to fall. I rebounded on a tree branch. I tried to move my wings. I had no pain, but I couldn’t move them. I jumped to the ground. “I can’t use my wings huh? The Gods door?” I spoke out loud. I then turned to the mountain I had seen earlier. I then turned my gaze upward. When the lightning flashed I could see a Dog head silhouette flash. “That dog?!” I said. I wondered what had happened to that dog. I figured that “Gods door” must be somewhere high, seeing as the heavens were the portal to the Gods world. I began walking towards the mountain. I noticed out of the corners of my eyes that I wasn’t alone. Creatures were creeping just out of my reach. Their eyes resonated with different colored lights. Occasionally I would hear a snarl. I continued walking, not being threatened by their growls. I broke through a tree line and was standing at the edge of a large clearing. It wasn’t just a circular clearing. I could tell by the varying tree line that it was shaped like something. From here, I couldn’t tell what. I heard a chuckling from the trees on the opposite side of the clearing. From the shadows crept three beasts that looked like the size of foxes, but there weren’t foxes. They possessed long fangs and claws. Easily the claws could slash through my neck in one blow. It’s fangs could bite my lower leg off in one movement. “Well, what are you doing here, so…..alone.” The center fox spoke while letting the lightning shine on his immense fangs. “Were you the one that commanded the lightning to strike me?” I asked, ignoring it’s previous question. “Yes.” It replied with a snake-like tone. “Well, what do you want with me?” I asked. “You were only brought here if you possess great a rare quality. I possessed great cunning in my past form, and I still do. I want to grow in power to return to my old form.” the fox spoke while crouching down into a leaping position. I walked forward to the center of the clearing and said “How am I supposed to help you in that?” The foxes stood up again and began to walk slowly around me, as if scanning me. “You…… oh, yes…. You will help the Demon of the Forest immensely….. “ The fox replied continuing to walk around me. I didn’t look at him, I just stared at his previous place. “Who says I am going to willingly?” I replied. “I never said you were going to help me willingly.” The fox replied then dashed toward me from behind. I spun around and slammed my foot down on top of it’s neck, pinning it the ground. The fox fell limp and looked up at me. I stared into it’s eyes, he stared into mine. He was sizing me up. I had shocked him with this lightning quick movement. The light from it’s eyes faded after a few minutes. I stepped back and knelt down on one knee. I looked at the being on the ground. I saw it begin to glow black and green. Something rose from the corpse. The cloud formed into the fox again, this time a normal looking fox, no mutant side effects.. It stared at me. “You are indeed the more skilled, taking me out in one blow none the less. You are the better Spirit.” the fox said, staring at me with blue eyes. “Spirit? Am I not alive?” I asked in return. “You won the fight between our skills, therefore you gain the skill of the beaten. May you grow in strength, brave Spirit.” The fox said and it flew toward me, bringing with it a gust of wind and consecutive bolts of red lightning. It flew into my chest and disappeared. The lightning returned to normal, the gust stopped. Not a sound. The other two fox-like creatures disappeared. I heard nothing unusual. I continued my venture to the mountain.

I neared a river. I stood at the river’s edge. I held my hand out over the water. The river began to freeze over. Once it was solid, I began to cross. I approached the half-way point and I heard a crash, and saw a small tree overturn. A large bear-like creature stepped out of the woods onto the banks of the river. This bear was just like the fox, a mutant. He possessed large spikes on his back, long sharp claws and fangs, and was also larger and stronger looking that a typical bear. He stared at me a moment before speaking. “Well, I see you have already encountered a counterpart of mine.” the bear snarled. “Indeed, I have. He mentioned he was the Demon of the Forest. Now, tell me. What are you the Demon of?” I asked staring into the bear’s eyes. “I’m not going to tell that to a weakling.” the bear spat while approaching my ice bridge. The ice began to crack as he approached my place. For a reason I cannot say, I reached behind me, hand outstretched, and swept hand towards the front of me. I heard trees begin to splint behind me. The tallest trees that edged the river, fell, making a series of juts across the river. As the ice shattered, I jumped onto one of the tree bridges. The bear was standing on the water. “Very wise of you. Maybe you aren’t worthless after all.” The bear stared at me. “Will you answer my question now?” I asked in return. “No.” The bear said as he ran towards me and jumped onto a tree with lightning speed. He swung a paw downward, causing a huge gash in the tree he hit. I jumped backward and swung underneath the tree and launched upward, hitting the bear on it’s stomach as it recovered from it’s blow to the tree. The bear toppled off the tree and into the water. I stood on the highest tree spanning the river and asked again, “How about now?” The bear swam to the shore and replied. “That was nothing. I hardly felt that.” The bear again rushed towards me. I reached for my sword again, I unsheathed it and swung it as the bear swung his huge muscular paw downward again. My hand shook slightly trying to repel the blow. I had to press my other hand onto the blade to push it back. The bear reared up onto it’s legs as I pushed the paw back. He attempted the rear his other paw downward after his other was pushed away. Before he reached his paw downward, I bounced back and ricocheted against another tree. I added a spin as I headed toward the bear. The next thing I see is my blade jutting out of a tree in the direction I was heading. I flipped up and stood on top of my blade, using it as a platform. I looked down to see the bear falling into the water. The bear floated to the surface, not treading water. I could see it’s red eyes. A bolt of lightning struck behind me. I could see my shadow descend over the bear. The eyes of the bear turned from red to blue. “The Demon of the River…..has been defeated.” The bear spoke with it’s last breath as it sunk. I stood there watching the demon sink into the depths of the river. I then saw the depths of the water glow blue and black. The bear rose from the water, the same style as the fox had. The bear had returned to normal proportions and the eyes were blue, like the fox. “Ah…. Mighty Spirit. You have defeated me and released me from my suffering. For that I owe you much. All I can offer you is my strength. I hope it will serve you well.” He bear spoke. “What suffering? What happened to you and the fox? Are there more like you?” I asked. “I do not know what happened. I have been like this for a few years now. I just began to mutate into what you fought. I know nothing else. If you continue towards the mountain you will cross a rocky land, there you will meet another. Please, relieve his suffering as well.” the bear said in a saddened tone. “I’ll certainly help relieve you all, until death if I must.” I replied. “It’s too late for you to sacrifice your life, might one.” the bear replied, then rushed toward me and disappeared when reaching me. Well, I got some new information. It still begs the question as to what caused all this. I have been here for easily 3 hours now, and the weather hasn’t changed. Overcast with lightning, but no rain. The clouds aren’t even moving. I shrugged this thought off and continued, looking for the rocky area that the bear spoke of.

I walked for another hour, crossing a few rivers dotted across the forest that must have been the bear stomping ground. I continued trekking when I saw a flash of brown ahead of me, then it vanished. I hear the cracking of a twig behind me to see the same flash of brown then it faded again. I continued walking, seeing the flashes more and more often as I traveled farther. I saw a flashing the corner of my right eye and turned to meet antlers pointing towards me. My hand had effectively stopped them before touching me. “I see you are a demon as well?” I asked. “That I am, quick one. That wasn’t my true speed.” It spoke as the creature hopped backward and stepped out of the bushes, revealing his mutated deer-like body. The antlers were much more jagged. The body itself was much more muscular. Something about this deer made it look very intimidating. The deer stood there. “So, what is your purpose of attacking me?” I asked. “Like the other demons you have encountered, they all wish to gain strength by defeating others to gain enough strength to try to morph back to their old selves. I wish to do the same. If you have been strong enough to take out two others, then you, my friend, are a goldmine that I am not going to let escape me.” The deer spoke. The next second I was dancing with the deer, delivering a blow, only to be caught in it’s antlers and reflected. I would then block. The deer’s speed and swiftness was incredible. My sword couldn’t get close. I got sword locked in the deer’s antlers, then I flipped upward, freeing it and launching myself into the treetop above. “Get back down here! Don’t run away like a coward!” The deer cried out in anger. I crouched atop the tree, shaded by the darkness of the storm above. I focused as I held my hand above my shoulders. I could feel a handle form inside each hand. I jumped downward for a stealth attack. The lightning flashed behind me, casting a shadow downward, of which the deer noticed. The deer turned around and caught a blade in it’s antlers. “Ha! You think you are were quick enough to fool the Demon of the Wind huh? Nice try!” The deer said pushing back toward me. “I’m not done with my movement yet.” I used the force the deer was exerting to bring him to me. I leaned to one side, allowing the deer to move by me, in turn exposing his back. I spun onto the deer’s back and jammed the second sword into neck of the deer. I jumped off and landed about 5 feet away from the deer as it fell to the ground. It rose to it’s feet and turned toward me, it’s legs shaking wildly. It stared at me, fighting back pain. “You are indeed quick on your feet, swift one. I am indeed slower than you. You were the goldmine whose riches broke my back.” the deer spoke. “I have one question for you. How many demons like you are there?” I asked. “There are 6 of us. You have met the Demon of the Forest, River and Wind. Up ahead begins the rapid ascent to the mountain top. There you will find another. Towards the summit you will meet the only bird of the Demons, then at the top you will find the Perfect Demon, the wisest of us all. My gift of speed with grant you a quicker journey, I pray you use my skills well.” The deer collapsed and rose in a white and black cloud, then rushed toward me, as the others have. “So, three down, three to go.” I said out loud as I turned to continue toward the mountain.

I broke free of the trees and entered the rocky land as I was informed. Seeing as my wings were still incapable of movement, I would need to climb. No problem. I set off, jumping and landing, jumping and landing. This made the trek much faster. I jumped over a ridge and came upon a large open space. I began to walk across it, giving my legs a break from jumping when the ground erupted in front of me, sending rocks and dust everywhere. I jumped back, not knowing what happened. I landed and stared into the cloud of dust. A silhouette of a ram-like being slowly became clear. This ram’s horns were immense and spiked. The knees of the ram’s legs had a large spike pointing upward from them. The ram was twice the size of an ordinary one. The lightning flashed above us as the rain began to fall. Well, the weather finally changed. “So, you are the demon I have been told about.” I said as the ram’s eyes became clear through the dusty cloud. “I see my reputation precedes me. I’m glad you were warned. This wouldn’t be fun otherwise.” The ram said while staring with calm, yet deadly eyes. “So, what would you be the demon of?” I asked. “I might as well tell you, seeing as you are going to go no further. I am the Demon of Power. Don’t confuse me with the reckless Demon of the River. I’ll show you Power is different from strength, if not worse to encounter.” the Ram said as began his run towards me. I stood still. I put my sword up and it landed against the ram’s horns. This was incredible, it was hard to hold back. My sword slid off the ram’s horns, shearing a piece of horn with it. The ram’s release caused it’s knee to bruise my knee. A scrape. The Ram ran a distance and stopped. “You are powerful. You knew that my sword wouldn’t hold very long at the angle you had your horns at. I see intelligence plus strength is your forte.” I complimented. “That’s only the beginning. The next surprise will get you.” The ram smiled shallowly as he ran at me again. I stood still as before. “Oh, you aren’t moving again? Haven’t you learned yet?” The ram spoke as he approached. I just waited. I drew my sword. The ram approached, I stepped to the side, causing him to just miss. He ran away and turned for another front. Again, I waited and sidestepped. Again, and again. After the third pass, the ram just ran and stopped and did short bolts, not getting more than 5 feet from me, closing the noose. He continued his blows closer and closer. Each time I just dodged by a few inches. The ram eventually needed to catch his breath. “Why do you keep dodging coward?! Take a blow or strike back!” the ram said between breaths. “Look at yourself, I have been fighting back.” I replied. “What?!? You haven’t delivered single blow!!” the ram approached a yell. “Oh, I haven’t?” I said as I held up my hand, in preparation for a snap. I snapped. A second passed, nothing happened. “See, you fool! Not a…” The ram’s eyes widened as blood exploded from his sides. The ram collapsed to the ground. I walked over to the ram who was lying there helpless. As I approached, the ram spoke. “But… HOW?! You hardly moved.” I continued to walk towards him. “I didn’t need to move much to beat you, I let you do the moving for me.” I said as I stood next to him and knelt down. “Now tell me. What’s at the top of this mountain?” I asked looking into the ram’s eyes. “I’m sure you have been told. There’s one more Demon before you reach the top. The top hold the Demon whom was the last to mutate, but he was the most powerful in his previous form, now he is even more powerful after his mutation. The strongest survives in this world. The one at the top knows he is the strongest, and we know it. He keeps us all in our place. He only descends if one of us oversteps our boundary.” As he spoke, he glowed red and black. “There’s one more left. Your dodging technique isn’t going to work with them, they are only birds of us all. They act as the spies for the Wisest.” the ram spoke as he rose from his mutated form and suspended in mid-air. “They? I was told it was only one bird.” I questioned. “There are 3 of them. They all are birds of the same feather. They all contradict in strengths, but they combine to the final force to guard the Wisest. Good luck. The wisest himself is in deplorable condition, he may look strong, but inside he is near breaking. I ask of you to set them all free.” the ram spoke his last words and flowed into me. “Two left.” I spoke and I began jumping up the mountain again.
Back to top Go down
Guest12
LEVEL 5 BRAWLER
Guest12

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
The Flock: Max's Story - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue4000/1000000The Flock: Max's Story - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (4000/1000000)
LIFE FORCE:
The Flock: Max's Story - Page 5 Pbucket0/500The Flock: Max's Story - Page 5 DpGFogC  (0/500)

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 8:26 am

I stopped for a rest about half way to the summit. This mountain had to be about 10 mile climb to the top. I walked about 3 before I met the ram, then another 4 before stopping to rest. 3 miles to go. I sat down on a rock and checked the bruise that the ram had given me. It was worse than I thought. It caused my knee to swell a bit, not too bad, but worse than I thought. I stood up to continue when I felt like I was being watched. “Well, well, well, look what we have here boys…” I heard a mocking voice speak. “ I looked up to see a raven flying downward and land on the top of a tall stone about 10 feet away. “I see him, raven. He looks like he isn’t that strong. I’ll let you take this one. What do you think eagle?” a falcon spoke as he landed beside the raven. “I’m not sure he is an obvious weakling as you suspect. If he has come this far he has taken out 4 out of the 6 of us. He must be a decent opponent.” The eagle spoke looking me over. “I see you are the smartest of you three chickens, eagle.” I spoke, showing up their lax nature. “Ah… so you like to trash talk. Well, we don’t do that before we have proven ourselves in battle. So, let’s get going then, fledgling.” Raven spoke as he rose into the air. Funny thing about these birds, they aren’t exactly mutated. They are just larger. I see nothing else different. “Why only one of you? Come on, one bird against one man. I’m at a major advantage. All 3 of you should face me” I spoke, rousing the bird. “You want to die, boy. Fine then. If you wish.” The other two birds spoke as they took to the air. The three birds attempted to rush me. They flew around me in a circle and one at a time dove down and tired to catch me. I closed my eyes and focused on their movement. I dodged them effectively for about 10 minutes. They got tired of the monotony. “Alright eagle, enough playing cat and mouse. Why don’t you predict his moves before he makes them?” Falcon announced, acting as the leader of the group. Raven the fighter, Eagle to perceptive, Falcon the leader. A well balanced team. I kept my eyes closed. Raven tried to rush down at me again. “Left!” Eagle called a moment before the climax of the attack. I dodged left an instant after. I was met with a talon scar across my shoulder. I now see what is mutated about them. The Ravens claws are covered with a numbing agent. My shoulder became numb in an instant after being hit. Read my mind huh? These guys were good. They set-up again. I kept my eyes closed. I allowed Raven to approach. I began to dodge right this time. “Right!” Eagle announced. I quickly went back to the starting position, making the Eagle miss to the right. I quickly raised my hand and grabbed raven’s leg as he passed an missed. “Eagle!!! What was that for? Are you losing your touch?!” Raven shouted as he struggled in my grasp. “One bird in the hand is worth two in the bush right? “I took the raven and held it’s neck, and slowly closed my fist until it stopped moving. I threw the corpse aside. “Two birds to get with one arm. I think the odds are even now.” I spoke while the other two birds circled around me. I focused, I could hear each wing beat, the wind shaking each feather. I began to glow white, I opened my eyes and could see everything in slow motion. I unsheathed my sword and dashed towards Eagle, slicing a wing clean off, then I grabbed the body and crushed the neck in my gasp. I threw the body aside and pounced on Falcon, pinning his wings to the ground. The falcon slowly struggled there on his back. I pressed my boot against it’s throat. I closed my eyes again for a moment. I opened them to see the time passing like normal. I looked down on the Falcon who just realized that he had been pinned. “Now then….. Tell me what happened to you all here?” I demanded. “Alright, you have proven your power.” The falcon spoke as he stopped struggling and faded. He arose as a spirit. The other two rose as well, and joined Falcon at his side. “Many years ago, this forest used to be calm and peaceful, suddenly a storm overtook this place, and never left. The darkness slowly grew from the shadow and caught everyone. Each animal mutated into a dark filled being. Only the strong survived. We became power-hungry maniacs. Only the Demons were left. The Wisest was the one who remained normal the longest. That’s all I know. Ask him for the remaining information you are looking for.” Falcon explained. “Yeah, tough guy. You will need all your skills to face The Wisest.” the Raven spoke. “Yeah, good luck. Please free the Wisest. He isn’t mean like the other demons you have met. He doesn’t solve his problems with violence right away. We never tell anyone that because they are supposed to fear the Wisest, not want to take him over. Please, he is fighting to keep his peaceful side over the darkness. Free him.” Eagle spoke. The three birds rose into the sky circling each other and became one bird, colored in black and yellow. The bird lined up a straight line to me from the front. I lifted my arms to the side and the bird’s wings lined up with my arms as he fused into me. I lowered my arms and looked upward at the mountain. “One left” I began jumping up the cliffs again. A lightning bolt shot down on me. Again, time froze as the lightning traveled through my body. I heard a voice speak. “ Darkus….” the voice echoed “Be not afraid, come follow me. Answer my call, and I shall set you free.” The voice faded, as the lightning faded. Whoever that was, they must be at the top. “I’ll answer your call.” I began to jump again, I felt different than I had since I arrived. My back felt relieved now. I could feel my wings again. “That lightning…” I spread my wings, they were the same as before. I shot into the air and looked around at where I had traveled. The patches of ground I had battled each Demon in was shaped in the symbol of the animal, I fought. The fox, the bear, the deer, the ram, the birds, now I must reach the top. I turned at launched into the air. The last 3 miles blew by in about 5 minutes. I reached the top to see a lifted platform. I landed before the platform. “Hello?” I called out. “You.. Have …. Come.” A voice spoke slowly. The same green and gray dog I had approached back with Max rose up from the top of the platform. It floated over the ground toward me. As it grew closer, I noticed something dripping from it’s chest. It was blood. As it approached the edge of the platform, it dropped and began to roll down the pile. Out of pure instinct, I rushed and caught the dog before I fell too far. “You’re hurt. Let me help.” I replied as I brought the dog back to the top of the platform it rose from. I set the dog down on it’s side. I held my hand out as it glowed a light blue. I placed it over the wound on the dog’s chest. “I hear your voice on the wind…… and I hear you call out my name.” A voice resonated inside my head. The voice fell silent. I looked down on the dog to see it was staring at me. It had a green diamond on it’s head that seemed to reflect all light, but absorb all light as well. It shone in more colors than I knew existed. “You should be okay for now.” I spoke to it. Just then the diamond on it’s head shone brightly and enveloped us in green light again. I drifted into a dream like state.

My vision restored to see the dog standing there. “Listen, my child.” The dog spoke looking at me with deep emerald eyes. “I am the voice of your history. Be not afraid.” the dog continued. “I’m not.” I replied. “I am the Demon of the Wise. The gentlest Demon. I possess a power unlike the others. I have been able to withstand the transformation the others have gone through. You have freed them from their suffering. For that, I owe you much thanks.” the dog continued. “What happened to cause your world to transform. “There has been a disturbance in the energies of the spirits. The sun, the moon, the earth, and nature itself has guardians that watch over them. Each resides in their own world that is connected to yours. When something disrupts balance, the other spirits feel it and they try to fight it to bring about equilibrium once again. The spirits haven‘t been able to fight this force however, that is why I searched for you.” “I see. Although, I still have one left to free.” I replied. “It’s too late for me, Darkus Goldenheart.” The dog spoke. This confused me a bit. “Goldenheart?” I questioned. “Goldenheart is the title that the savior of our world receives. You are a deity in our world, brave one.” the dog explained. “I haven’t saved your world. It’s still being transformed by this storm. I need to know why this storm arose and mutated everything, and how did you come to my world?” I asked. “ You have done much for us. You are correct, the fight is not over yet. There is still much to do, but you can help remove this storm and calm the energies once again. My world was beginning to tear at the seams. I needed to search for the Goldenheart. My searching led me to you. However…” The dog looked down at it’s wound. “This happened and it’s too much, you will need to save my world alone.” the dog spoke. “I don’t understand. Where do I play in all this and who are you?” I asked. “I do not expect you to understand right now, young one. Something in your world is disrupting the balance, fighting nature itself. Trying to control it.” the dog spoke as it rose to it’s feet and stared into my eyes.

“I am the voice in the wind and the pouring rain
I am the voice of your hunger and pain
I am the voice that always is calling you
I am the voice, I will remain

I am the voice in the fields when the summer's gone
The dance of the leaves when the autumn winds blow
Ne’er do I sleep though out all the cold winter long
I am the force that in springtime will grow”

The dog stopped speaking. “I see….” I spoke. “I hoped you would.” replied the dog. “You will remain? Does that mean you will be alright? What do I need to do save your world?“ I asked.

“I am the voice of the past that will always be
Filled with my sorrow and blood in my fields
I am the voice of the future, bring me your peace
Bring me your peace, and my wounds, they will heal….”

The dogs voice faded and the dog approached me as I knelt down to meet the dog’s head. The dog placed the diamond of it’s forehead against my chest. As my vision faded, I saw the dog’s fur, muscle, blood and bones being evaporated. I just stared, frozen. What was happening? I thought to myself. This has to be a dream. “You are the voice of the past that will always be, Darkus Goldenheart.” The voice faded away as my vision faded to black.

I awoke lying against a hillside, the grass rustling in the wind. I could hear a voice over the hill. What happened felt like a dream. I walked to the top of the hill, I looked down and saw Max rising and dipping in the wind. I smirked a bit. “Hey!” I yelled over the wind. “DARKUS?!” Max shouted. “What happened to you? It’s been a day now but I knew you would come back, so I waited for ya!” She smiled and showed a thumbs up. I just sighed and looked at her. “Uh….. I see…. You don’t want to talk about it. But PLEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEE?” she squealed as she gave the “puppy-dog eyes” as she calls them. “Max…. you don’t want to know. It’s nothing.” I said as I walked around her. “WAIT!” Max said as she ran and stood in front of me. “You have been saying that a lot. It’s not nothing, it’s something. NOW YOU BETTER TELL ME BEFORE I BEAT THE ANSWER OUT OF YA!!!” Max stood with a look of annoyance on her face. “Max… I just appeared on the other side of that hill. I just had a strange dream, that’s all. That dog just transported me away. No sign of it.” I said as I walked around her again. “Oh… uh… alright…” Max replied and caught up beside me. “I made a little camp for us. It’s this way just on the other side of those trees.” Max said as she pointed to a nearby outcropping of trees, jutting out from the surrounding forest. We made our way towards the camp, Max talking about little forest creatures she thought was cute and such. I didn’t really listen. I was too out of sorts to be myself.
Back to top Go down
Guest12
LEVEL 5 BRAWLER
Guest12

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
LIFE FORCE:

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:54 am

I just stared at him. He seemed different somehow. I don’t exactly know what. He seemed TOO quiet. Even his expression bordered on depressed. Normally he is just silent with an expressionless face. It’s different this time. I picked up a rock and threw it at him. It hit his shoulder and just bounced off. He glanced at me then turned to looking at the ground again. I threw another, this time it hit his head with a satisfying clunk. “Yo, Mr. Dark and Gloomy! Incoming!” I picked up the largest stone yet and threw it full force. Darkus reached up and caught it right before it hit is forehead. He opened his fist to reveal a flurry of dust. “Well, then….. Aren’t we all pessimistic today.” I replied. Darkus didn’t change his expression. “Alright THAT’S IT!!!” I went over to him and punched his shoulder. He glanced at me again, then looked away. I reared back to give him a harder punch. I launched the punch towards the side of his face, hoping to wake him up. Right before I was about hit him, his hand grabbed my fist, he pushed it away with littler effort, but I was sent skidding backward 10 feet from the little push. What was with him? “Darkus… I give up. What is wrong?” I gave one of those puppy dog faces that works with nearly anyone else. Apparently, it doesn’t with Darkus. “Max. It’s nothing. I am just tired. It’s time we head back anyway. Let’s get going.” Darkus said as he got to his feet and got airborne. I sighed, again Darkus was in his “on the move” type of moods. I caught up to him. We flew in silence for a while until he finally spoke. “While you were resting, I gave the troops a task. I told them to retrieve a ring from the top of a tree. There are traps and defenses installed in the tree to keep them from getting it alone. They need to work together, as a team. We need to see how they have progressed.” Darkus spoke, sternly looking ahead. “Okie-dokie” I replied, trying to lighten his mood.

We flew on until Darkus began to drop towards the ground. I could see the waterfall of the village. We had returned back at the training grounds. We began to lower towards the ground, and I saw something I didn’t think I would see. Nearly half of the warriors were laying around, with injuries. Bruises, cuts, gashes. Nothing major. But enough to hurt them. Darkus crossed his arms and lowered to the ground slowly, in a stance that looked like he was standing on the ground. “I see you were unsuccessful?” Darkus asked. The warrior that seemed to be the oldest of the group, besides the leader of the previous group we had recruited stood up and approached Darkus and I. “Yes, sir. We weren’t able to retrieve the ring.” He showed a look of disappointment on his face. No one moved or said anything for a few minutes. “Max.” Darkus spoke in almost a angered tone. “Y-yes?” I replied. “Should we show them how this should be done?” Darkus looked out of the corned of his eye at me and gave a shallow smirk. I said nothing, I nodded with a grin. “Now watch how this should be done.” Darkus launched into the air and I followed his lead. We didn’t have to speak to each other to know what the other was thinking. Darkus was going to be the distraction while I attempted to grab the ring. I flew high into the air, but far enough away from the tree to not get hit by any attacks. Darkus whirled around the tree in a fury of speed, knocking back each blow that was sent to him. I had an idea, go from underneath. I dove downward, tucking my wings in as the tree began to shoot little wooden darts at me. I pulled my wings out as I approached the ground. I reached the trunk of the tree and was looking down the gun of a defense turret. I could see the barrel fill with wooden darts. Darkus jumped in front of me and grabbed the tow large darts that was released. We both left that plan behind. Darkus flew out from the tree and gave me a look of lets try this. I knew immediately he was going to try something dangerous…. I was all for it. I liked thrill rides of this type. Darkus flew towards the tree and flew just fast enough to dodge the shots. He then flew above the tree, and got higher and higher until he just dove downward, INTO the tree. Like he just disappeared amongst the branches. What was he doing? I didn’t know he was going to do that!!! I was now lost. I just stayed there, waiting…. Suddenly, Darkus launches out from the base of the tree and flies toward me and fast speeds. I knew what he was trying to do now. I looked to the tree, the weapons were shooting inside the tree, still detecting Darkus’ speed. Darkus grabbed my hand as I reached out and transferred his speed to me and he aimed for the tree and let go. I went FLYING, I literally mean flying. I was going to fast I swear the skin on my cheeks was ruffling. I could see the ring atop the tree I grasped it as I went by. I then dove downward towards where the warriors were waiting. Next thing I knew, I landed on the ground on one knee, in a bowing position. I got to my feet, tossed the ring into the air a few feet and grabbed it again and smirked at all the warriors who just stared with jaws dropped. Darkus strutted beside me who looked at me out of the corner of his eye and winked. The warriors then erupted in applause. Darkus then coughed an “A-hem.” Which immediately shut everyone up. “Now, I hope you see how each of us used each others actions to get the right. My speed used with Max’s control was able to grab the ring. If Max had not inspected the base of the tree, I may not have had my idea to move fast enough to fluster the armaments. When I flew in front of her to block the darts, I learned that the armaments didn’t see two enemies. If they had, they would have launched more projectiles. That gave me the idea to fluster all the weapon systems at once, THEN go for the ring while they are recoiling. Changing direction would have been difficult at my speed, so use another object to redirect your energy. I hope you see how playing off each other can help in achieving a goal. Now, we are leaving tonight. Gather your things. We are going to a rather populated area next, so we need to arrive under cover of night to avoid being seen by both human and enemy. You will have 3 hours from now before we leave. You are dismissed. If you need to be healed, please come see me or get my attention.” Darkus stepped forward and began to heal the injured. I hung back and waiting for him to be done. For being tired, he was rather energized now.
Back to top Go down
Guest12
LEVEL 5 BRAWLER
Guest12

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
LIFE FORCE:

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 9:34 am

Darkus finished healing the last bit. It had taken an hour. Two hours left. Darkus walked over to me and passed me, heading toward the hut we were given for our stay. “So, where is this city?” I asked trying to make small talk. “You know it quite well actually.” Darkus replied in a a-matter-of-fact tone. “I do?” I asked. “You might have forgotten since you were quite alone there.” Darkus replied. How did he know what happened there? “Wait, we are going THERE?!?!” I replied in a tone of excitement as I stopped walking, allowing Darkus to move forward. Darkus stopped walking and turned to me. “You WANT to go there?” Darkus spoke a little surprised. “Yeah! Heck yeah, I do.” I replied as I ran ahead towards the hut, leaving Darkus on the path. I was too excited. I needed to pack RIGHT NOW!

She was acting rather odd. For a place she nearly made it alive out of, she sure seemed excited to go back. I knew she was shot, I knew a human healed her. She had some crude bandages on compared to my healing method, it was very archaic. That human was very kind and seemed to accept her, but still I fear that a human knows about her secret. If someone does, that just makes that person in harms way with the Director’s tracking. No doubt he has been using all of Max’s contacts to find us. She might not want to get too excited, because that human that she knows….is most likely not even alive anymore.

I got to the hut and began throwing everything into an old side bag that sits across my shoulders. I had very few things in it nowadays though, I have pretty much narrowed down my belongings to very little since we were traveling so much. I was done packing in about 5 minutes, leaving the hut in shambles like a tornado had blown through it. I ran to go find Darkus. I came out of the hut atop the cliff and looked down to see that a few soldiers had arrived, ready to depart. I saw the old shaman and the leader of this village talking. I looked up to see Darkus sitting atop a tree, arm leaning on a bent knee, looking into the distance. I then saw him get up and jump to the ground, landing gracefully as a butterfly. Ugghh… Darkus being a butterfly, THAT is a strange comparison. Anyway, I made my way down to the training grounds, meeting the happy faces of the few soldiers that showed up early. About an hour and a half left now. I saw Darkus talking to the shaman and the leader of this village. I walked to Darkus’ side and stood beside him, silent.
“I would be honored, Darkus.” The shaman replied. “I as well, it would be my pleasure.” replied the other. “Alright, four of the Council of Evolution has been placed. Thank you. You may go finish the rest of your preparations.” Darkus replied as he turned away to look at me. “Yes, I asked them to be part of the Council of Evolution. We have 4 members so far. Each location will give us another.” Darkus spoke. HE DID IT AGAIN!!!! When he reads my mind it creeps me out so much! I get a chill down my spine when I realize he has. Personal space dude! “Uhh…. Right. But we have collected two leaders, not 4, who are the other two. That doesn’t add up there, Darky.” I spoke. Darkus gave me a blunt warning by his eyes. Another thing that creeps me out about him. “You seem too excited to be going back into civilization, Max. You shouldn’t get too excited about your acquaintances there.” Darkus looking into my eyes bluntly. WHY DOES HE LIKE TO TORTURE ME BY MY MIND. “Seriously, Darky STOP IT!!!” Darkus gave me the same look again. “Uh… SORRY, Darkus, not Darky.” I smiled a large smile. I don’t know why I was so happy then, but I was just happy to see them again. I was going to find them if it killed me. I told them I was coming back against my better judgment, but I was going to keep my promise now! “Anyway, the other two of the Council are the Head and second in command. Myself and you. “ Darkus spoke turning away to stare into the horizon again. “It’s going to be a new sunrise soon, enough Max.” Darkus spoke. Darkus made me second in command, really? I was even more excited now. Darkus must approve of my dedication and strive towards this. Of course, who couldn’t agree when you have been tested on more than anyone over all those years. It’s true, Darkus has more experience than I do in that place. He knows so much about the Director. He is 5 years older, and he has 5 more years experience than I do with that demon.

I sparred with a few warriors while waiting that last hour and a half. Not injuring any of course. That wasted some time. I was just too excited to sit around. Anything to make the time go by. I heard Darkus say that where we were going is in winter there. I hate the cold, it makes me stiff. “Alright!” Darkus called out. It was about time! “It’s time that we left. It’s going to be winter where we are going, so we need to stay warm, also we will need to be careful traveling. Our numbers have increased therefore the chances we will be spotted also will become higher. I know some of you don’t possess wings at the moment. Those of you who don’t possess wings, please step forward.” Darkus spoke to the group. I never noticed until now, but he was a great leader. So wise, it’s like he knows everything. So strong, he seems like he is made of the hardest steel forged in the hottest fires of the sun. I am surprised I never noticed before. “Alright, I am granting you this as a travel gift only. Once we land, I will take this back. Understood?” Darkus spoke upon the nodding heads who knelt at his feet. Darkus raised his hands and immediately the group began to shine with a yellow light. Each of them gained a pair of glowing yellow wings. “Now, I want this group to follow Max. She will teach you how to fly. Max, show them how to take off and fly at least, they don’t need to know more than that.” Darkus spoke while turning to look at me. “Aye, aye, captain!” I called back as I beckoned the glowing ones to follow me. I could see Darkus rolled his eyes and turned around to face the wind and look into the horizon again. I then noticed Darkus told everyone this a half hour early. Time was going by slower than I thought. I went onto train them. They picked it up fast. It took about 20 minutes. So, we had roughly about 5 minutes left. Darkus walked over to me as I watched them practice. “How are things progressing here?” Darkus asked while watching them. “Just peachy!” I replied in a happy tone. “Max, just don’t get your hopes up that Erin is still alive. You know the Director, he could have tracked us to them. I am just saying don’t become too convinced that you will see them again.” Darkus spoke as he turned around and called to the rest of the group. “Let’s go!” Darkus called and launched into the sky and waited for the rest to join him. I hovered by Darkus’ side thinking about what he had said. He had a point, maybe I shouldn’t be so happy, it will only hurt worse if the worst did happen. I’ll just pray that it didn’t. It’s all I can do now.

We flew for several hours before I began to see snow covering the landscape. I could see lights on the horizon that was darkening. “Listen up! We are approaching the city. Follow me and be careful.” Darkus dove down to just above the treeline. A clearing approached, a large canyon. Darkus dove into the canyon and down into the darkness. Darkus looked along the walls, as if he was looking for a hole or something. Darkus then slowed down to a stop. “Alright Max, lead them through here. Take two rights and then a left. You will see a large stone room, stay there. I’ll follow behind you.” Darkus spoke while motioning his head towards the canyon wall. A second later, a large black opening slowly formed. I entered. Darkus snapped and a light began to float periodically down the line of warriors in the cave. Odd, but I’m not complaining. I did as Darkus instructed, two rights then a left. I waited in the room for Darkus and the rest of them to enter. Darkus appeared from the cave behind the last of the recruits. Darkus walked over towards me and stared at the wall behind me. Darkus raised his hand and waved it over the wall’s surface. A series of crumbling noises sounded. I became on edge. We were in a giant Earthquake deathtrap and Darkus is causing the shake! Everyone began to run towards the entrance. “Freeze!” Darkus shouted over his shoulder. Everyone froze and gathered around Darkus. Darkus breathed in and closed his eyes, and then opened them as he exhaled. The wall slowly began to glow to reveal a underground city. “Listen to me, I want you all to stay here. Max and I need to go talk to someone before we enter the city. Don’t move! Let’s go Max.” Darkus spoke as he turned to look at the Shaman and Beast Clan leader. Darkus took off from the ledge we were perched on top of. I followed Darkus across the sky of the underground city. Many of the local underneath us looked up in awe at us. “Uh… Darkus. They can see us.” I told him. “it’s alright, they are like us Max. Hiding from civilization above. They are all like us.” Darkus said as he landed on the steps of the largest building in the city. “Now, just listen as I speak okay. You may hear some strange things in this meeting.” Darkus said as he tried to mumble his words. I understood. “Darkus walked into the largest room in this building. It looked like a throne room. He stopped in the doorway and put his hand out and said “Follow my lead. Do as I do.” Darkus spread his wings wide. They seemed larger now. I did the same. Darkus walked forward and began to speak a different language, which caught the attention of the man sitting in a throne in the opposite side of the room. The man stood up and approached Darkus in awe. He spoke something back and hugged Darkus. Strange was right…. Darkus smiled a real smile. I don’t think It’s been a LONG while since I have seen him smile. “It’s good to see you, old friend.” the man spoke. “It’s good to see you too, Vince.” Darkus said as he patted the man on the shoulder. Darkus turned to me. “Vince, this is Max. She was the last person I rescued from the Director, after you of course.” Darkus said. “She is like you and I, avian experiments.” The man looked me over for a minute and smiled. “I am honored to meet you Max. I am glad to see there are more Avians than Darkus and I. Isn’t that right, Darkus?” Vince said. “Of course, it’s always…..nice …. To have someone like you.” Darkus spoke, pausing for a moment. “What’s the matter, Darkus?” Vince asked. “Nothing, Vince. Anyway, I see you have done as I asked you all those years ago. Have you also arranged the army I asked you to? “ Darkus asked in return. “Sure have, the number are about 150 -200 or so advanced warriors and numerous younger, less-experienced fighters. “ Vince replied pointing to the training grounds across the city. “Well done. Now, Would you mind having some of your top generals train a gang or younger warriors I recruited from two other clans? They need some work. I plan to be here for a little while so they can rest and train.” Darkus asked. “Of course, anything for an old friend.” Vince replied as he turned around and opened his wings, they were a stunning white. The brightest white I had ever seen on wings. It was like the fresh fallen snow outside. The two went on talking, recruiting Vince for the Council of Evolution, training, ect…. I snuck out of the building while Darkus and Vince caught up. I tried to get back to the tunnels we entered through, but the hole was gone. Drat! I couldn’t leave. “What are you doing?” a voice asked behind me. “Uh… nothing.” I said as I turned around to meet Darkus’ raised eyebrow glare. “You were trying to sneak out to go see Erin, weren’t you?” Darkus asked sternly. “Uh…. Yeah… “ I replied bowing my head. “Here…. Come with me.” Darkus commanded while using his finger to motion me to follow him. Great! I had to try and sneak out! Now I am going to basically be grounded or something…. Darkus flew back to the ledge where the warriors waited. He spoke to the Beast Clan leader and the Shaman. Each of which took the warriors from each of their villages and brought them to their quarters and then out to the training grounds to meet the generals. “Now then…” Darkus spoke as he turned to me. “Let’s go. Bring a jacket. “ Darkus spoke while he walked back to the wall we entered through. “I grabbed my jacket from my bag and threw it on, being sure my wings could still open and close with ease. “Uh… where are we going?” I asked stopping. Darkus walked on for a few steps. “You wanted to see her, didn’t you? Are you going to ask questions or are you coming with me?” Darkus spoke while opening the wall. I gave the largest smile. I’ll finally see her again! THAT was what I wanted. Well, I am still unsure she is alive, but it’s now or never to find out. Darkus and I left the same way we came in. We flew towards the city, but were sure to land and walk in. I walked beside Darkus, snow lightly falling in the city streets. Everyone wore heavy coats and scarves with gloves or mittens. It’s been so long since I was amongst others who weren’t like me. It felt different, but in a good way. A change of scenery. “Her house is up here on the right.” Darkus said as he continued walking on. He was right, I remembered the alleys around here, trying to give those men the slip back then. I grabbed my shoulder, remembering what happened back then. “It’s alright. That’s never going to happen to you again…. As long as I am alive.” Darkus spoke as he stared straight forward. I kept quiet as we approached her house, I was nervous, but excited at the same time. Darkus stopped in front of the stairs and motioned me to go up and knock. I slowly walked up the stairs. I could see a light in the house was on, a large room in the front of the house. I lifted the door knocker and knocked three times. I inhaled as I heard footsteps come to the door. I exhaled when I heard the lock click. I blinked to see Erin standing there at the door. “MAX!!!!!!” She yelled and jumped to hug me. I hugged her back. “ERIN!!!!!” I yelled back. I glanced back to see Darkus’ eyes closed in a focused look. His eyes then opened rapidly. “Erin, you remember Darkus.” I spoke to her after I was nearly choked by her hug. “Oh yeah, hi Darky.” Erin replied as she invited us both in. “We are just having dinner. There’s plenty. Mom always has leftovers. I walked in to smell chicken. I REMEMBER that smell. It’s my favorite! “Mom, guess who’s here?” Erin spoke as she dragged me into the room, with Darkus tagging behind. Erin’s Mom got up and walked over and gave me a small hug and asked if I needed anything. I said no and that Darkus was taking care of me. Erin’s mom then turned to Darkus and said hello. “Greetings” he replied. “Please sit down, we were just about to have dinner. “ Erin’s mom said. I sat down and Darkus did a moment later. We ate dinner while I joked around with Erin. Darkus stayed quiet as usual. “Thank you for the dinner, ma’am.” Darkus spoke once he finished. “My pleasure. There’s more where that came from. When you all are done, you can move into the living room for dessert.” She replied. “Alright.” I said as I got up and followed Erin into the living room. Darkus stayed behind in the dining room. I saw him gathering the plates from dinner and bringing them into the kitchen, after Erin’s mom.

“Oh, you don’t have to do that Darkus. I can clean up.” Erin’s mom replied. “No, I don’t want to be a bother. You must be tired, go talk with Max and Erin. She has been excited since I told her we were coming back here. I insist. I’ll take care of the dishes.” I replied. “Alright, Darkus. As long as you are sure.” Erin’s mom replied and went to the living room. I gathered up the dishes and placed them in the dishwasher and set it to clean up. I was beginning to walk out of the kitchen when I heard a beeping noise. I looked toward the stove. I opened it to see something was cooking. I presume that’s what was the dessert Erin’s mom was speaking of. I pulled the pan out of the over and slid it’s contents onto a large plate and shut off the oven. I poured three glasses of milk and carried them, the glasses on the plate surrounded by the contents, into the living room.

I began to play with Erin, giving her a piggyback ride around the coffee table and got into a tickle fight with her while Erin;s mom giggled on the couch. I stopped in my tracks when I smelled a familiar smell. One that made my mouth water. I then saw Darkus walk into the living room carrying a plate. I got to my feet and yelled “COOKIES!!!!!!” I then ran to Darkus nearly knocking the plate from his hands. I grabbed the plate and set it on the table the began to stuff my face. Erin did too. The chocolate was still melted, I nearly burned my mouth, but it was so good I didn’t care! After all the cookies were gone and the milk drank. I sat on the couch and just talked for a while, with a full stomach. Darkus sat on the opposite side of the room, with that same focused look as he had outside. I was too happy to really care what he was up to right now. For an hour we talked before Darkus opened his eyes from his focused look. Darkus then got to his feet began to look at the pictures and such that lined the shelves at the front of the room. Darkus picked one up that seemed rather old and blew some dust off of it. “Ma’am? Who is this child in this photo?” Darkus asked. “DARKUS! That’s rude to ask!” I lectured him for once. “It’s okay, Max.” Erin’s mother replied to me. “That’s my first daughter, Anastasia. Erin is my second.” Erin’s mother replied. “Oh, if you don’t mind, what happened to her?” Darkus asked. “I was at the park one summer day, she went to play on the playground. A sudden storm pulled in. There was lightning, wind, rain and it got really dark, like night had suddenly fallen. It only lasted a few moments. Then it became bright and sunny again. I went to find Anastasia, but she disappeared. There wasn’t a trace of her. I looked for her for months, hoping she would show up. I asked police to look, all to no avail. I still don’t know what happened to her.” Erin’s mom spoke, tears welling up in her eyes. “I see…. Did you always pray she was alive?” Darkus asked back. “I did. I still do.” Erin’s mom replied, dropping her head a bit. “Ma’am, take a close look at this photo. Are you sure you haven’t seen her recently?” Darkus said as she handed the photo to Erin’s mother. She stared at it for a few long minutes, then looked up to Darkus and I. Her face turned to shock. She looked from the photo back to me, back to the photo then back to me. She got up in a hurry and placed the photo on the couch beside her and gave me a large hug. “I knew you were alive! I always knew you would come back, Anastasia!” Okay, now I was confused! I felt so heavy, yet so light at the same time. She let go of me and held me by my shoulders. “Max! You’re Anastasia.” Erin’s mother said as she looked into my eyes. My vision blurred in and out until it faded to black. Last thing I saw was Erin and her mom leaning over me, Darkus catching me from behind, when I fell to the floor.

“I….I’m…. Anastasia? I am Erin's sister?” I spoke to myself in the dark. “How could I have not known for this long? What happened to me back then. What took me away from my normal life? What brought me to the Director? What ruined my life from that moment on?”
Back to top Go down
Guest12
LEVEL 5 BRAWLER
Guest12

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
LIFE FORCE:

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 9:38 am

I could see those three familiar faces staring it me when I came to. Darkus was still holding me up off the ground under my arms. I could feel a cold cloth on my head. He sat on the ground letting my head rest on his bent knee. “Uh… Ow… what happened?” I asked while my vision blurred back to normal. “Max. You are Erin’s sister and her mother’s daughter. You always have been, fate just tore you apart but, you are back with them now.” Darkus said plainly with some encouragement. “That’s right. I heard that and I was out like a light. I guess it was a shock.” I said as I lifted my head and got to my knees, turning around to glance at everyone. Darkus caught the cloth as it fell from my forehead. He looked at me with a very shallow smile. It seems he was a little happy for me too. I got to my feet and made a group hug between Erin and her mother. He stayed there for a while, not making a sound. I was so happy, yet so sad at the same time. Happy that had a normal life, but sad that my disappearance had put Erin and her mom through so much this whole time. Well, best not make it worse! Erin, we are sisters. I am surprised I didn’t know it all along. We were so alike form the moment I met you. I saved you like an older sister should that day, and your mom, I mean OUR mom took care of me that day, not caring for my… uh…. Specialness. I should have known that maternal instincts would have made her help me! I am just happy to know I have at least something normal in my life!!!” I said talking to Erin and her mother. I could hear Darkus getting up from the floor behind me. Erin, our mother and I chatted for a few hours about the missed times. I told of some tales of Darkus and I, but I never once mentioned the school or the Director or any of that. I only told of our travels and the fun times during them, not WHY we were traveling. Erin seems to love my tales of flight. I heard Darkus step behind me. “Why don’t all of you come out back?” Darkus said as he turned to walk to the back door which led to a small backyard. I let Erin and our mother go ahead of me, but behind Darkus. “What’s this about Darkus?” I asked him when we walked into the backyard. “Have fun.” He said back as he raised his hand and it began to glow. I saw Erin and her mom begin to glow too. They like the warriors during travel grew a pair of golden wings. I smiles when Erin realized she had wings. Even our mother looked surprised. For the next hour or so I taught them how to fly. Erin picked it up quickly, our mother, not so fast. She got it eventually. “It does feel like freedom as you said, Sis.” Erin said. “I know right, the wind feels relaxing. Don’t relax too much or you’ll fall out of the sky.” I said as we continued to play tag, all three of us. Like one big happy family, reunited.

I knew this was an important moment for Max. She has family now. She has two people she can call family now. Someone she would do anything for. I figured it was the least I could do for her at this moment for her. Her family will learn the positive side of her power. For them to grow close, it’s better they know how each other feels. I know they will never know everything she has experienced, but just the positive side of her life will make the bond solid. I can see them growing closer now. However, every moment she spends with them, will make the goodbye even harder. It might be better that she doesn’t have to say goodbye….

We flew around until the sky was completely dark. I looked to the porch to see it empty. I looked around. I saw Darku sitting atop the roof looking into the last little light of the sun on the horizon. I landed beside him and sat down. He had the same plain look on his face, as if he was thinking. “Are you done for the night?” he finally spoke. “Yeah, I can tell Erin and her mom are getting tired. They went inside to get ready for bed.” I replied in a tired tone. I was tired. I had met long lost family. “Listen, Max….” Darkus began. “You don’t have to Darkus. I know you are going to say that I shouldn’t get close to them, that we need to go. You don’t need to say it.” I explained. “I wasn’t going to say that. I was going to say that I can see they mean a lot of to you…” Darkus began again. “They do. And what you did, was….. Sweet.” I replied as I gave him a hug from behind/ He gave a shallow smile. “Thanks.” I finished. We then heard shouting from below. “Oh!!! I forgot!” We heard Erin running outside onto the back lawn to look up at us. “Guys! I forgot that tonight’s the Winter Festival in town! We were supposed to go tonight! Wanna come?” Erin called up to us. I looked at Darkus, and he gave a short smile. In his terms that means whatever. We joined Erin and we all left to go to the festival together.

We each threw on an extra coat and scarf and a pair of gloves, except for Darkus who said he was warm enough with his leather trench coat. We all walked along the snowy streets of the city, Darkus lagging behind though. We turn a corner and see a large city square filled with booths and banners so many colors. There was a large ice castle in the center that people were admiring from behind a rope. It looked amazing. They had beams of light reflecting on the ice and it bounced against the surrounding buildings making the most beautiful colors. I saw colors that I didn’t know even existed. It was beautiful, incredible. We walked to the castle and gazed at it for a while. Erin began to sniff the air. She saw a corndog stand and pulled on her mom’s sleeve to beg her to buy one for her. “We just had dinner an hour ago. You’re hungry again? You kids… Alright. Max, would you like to come with us? Or would you like to walk around on your own for a while?” I looked at Darkus, he gave a motion with his head to go with them. “I’ll hang with Darkus for a little while, I’ll find you when I want to regroup, okay?” I said with a smile. “Okay, hun. See you later.” she replied. I know this was hard for her considering what happened last time she lost sight of me. I looked back towards Darkus. He had a plain look on his face but it was different, as if my words had confused him for once. I HAD CONFUSED DARKUS?!?! This is a sign of the apocalypse, I thought. Darkus turned to look at the castle again, looking up to the tip and then down to the base. I joined him in the admiration. “Are you confused?” Darkus asked a minute later. “Yeah….. I want to know how I was taken from my normal life, the thing I want the most. How was my life taken from me?” I asked out loud. “We will never know, Max.” Darkus answered. “Every moment, every thing, every event that has happened to me since that day has been nothing but misery to me. Why was I the one who was taken away from my family? Why ME!?!?!?” I said with frustration. Darkus didn’t reply. He just stared into the castle, then up into the sky again. “You have them now, Max. You should be happy. Forget about that past, THIS is your future, full of beauty and life. You have a bright future now. Enjoy it.” Darkus replied after a moment. “I guess… but why do I feel this way? I am happy but, sad at the same time.“ I said still looking at the castle. “It’s your past linking to your present, you just have to forget all the strife in the past and focus on your future.“ Darkus replied glancing at me. “Darkus! You don’t understand. I was taken away from them! You don’t know what that feels like!” I yelled as I turned away from him with tears in my eyes. “I don’t? Do you remember what I did to my people? I killed them, with ferocity I cannot even comprehend. You were just separated from them but, you have found them again. You can look into their eyes again. I looked into their eyes as they died, one by one. I WAS the downfall of my family. “ Darkus said narrowing his eyes in his stare. I couldn’t help but feel like a jerk. He knew even MORE than I did about how I felt and I didn’t listen. “But Darkus. EVERYTHING that has happened to me since that day, has been horrible. The Director tracking me down, fighting with me, making me an outcast amongst everyone in the world. There’s not a thing that I love that has happened to me since that day. NOT A THING!!! ” I yelled. I heard Darkus exhale a deep breath and turned to me. “Everything?” Darkus re -iterated with a questionable look on his face. I knew immediately what he meant. Truth was, he was right. There was something that that day brought me to that I didn’t hate. I cherished it more than anything else in the world. How could I have been so blind and heartless to say that? I turned to meet his face. I was standing on a mound of snow, I was staring right into Darkus’ eyes. I could tell he was hurt by my comment. For everything he did for me. Saving me from that place, protecting me all these years. Showing me how to see the bright side of life. Being my brother…. No…. my guardian, all this time. I HAD to say that. I must have really hurt him. I closed my eyes and inhaled. I took another step toward him. I lifted my hand, shaking. I placed it on his chest. I could feel his strong rhythmic heartbeat, his powerful breath. He didn’t move a muscle. He only blinked. I could feel the warmth of his breath on my face. I blinked, time seemed to slow to a halt. We only stared in each others eyes for a moment, that seemed like an eternity. I looked into his eyes to see every moment he and I had together along this journey. Every time that didn’t seem so sentimental back then, was very precious to me now. A large smile crossed my face and tears began to well up in my eyes, out of happiness and sadness. Happiness at the memories, sadness at what I had said to him. Before my tears overflowed my eyes I set my hands on Darkus’ shoulders, closed my eyes and leaned forward. I could see nothing, hear nothing, I could only feel his warmth on my lips, his taste. The moment felt like a slow song that didn’t seem to end. I felt relieved somehow, but why did tears run down my face and onto his? I peeked my eyes open to see his were closed. His action was a little hesitant, but accepting, he didn‘t fight me. He then opened his eyes a bit too. I immediately closed mine again. I just let the moment roll on as long as it was destined to. It felt like forever, which I didn’t mind.

What was I doing? I asked myself. Why wasn’t I resisting? I saw this coming from when she turned to face me. So, why did I let it happen? I froze once I felt her hand on my chest. Did I WANT this to happen? Did I want her to express her feelings without suppressing her? So many questions. The moment continued. I opened my eyes slightly to see hers quickly flicker shut with a flurry of tears flow from her eyes. I could feel them hit my cheek and seep in between ours. She moved her position every so often, making me do the same. My will wanted me to end it, why my body didn’t respond is anyone’s guess. I flinched my hands that still lay motionless at my side. However long she wanted it to go, was how long it was going to be. I wasn’t going to stop her.

I turned my head periodically, Darkus adjusting immediately after. My hands gripped Darkus’ shoulders. I leaned a little too far, my hands slipped behind Darkus’ shoulders. I clung to him. After what felt like all the time in the world, I pulled back, my eyes opened slowly to see his looking into mine. Darkus’ leather gloved fingertips touched his face to reveal a tear droplet. He looked at the drop, then back to me. “I’m glad I’m here with you, Darkus.” I said as I wiped tears from my eyes. “I am as well, Max.” Darkus replied with a shallow smile.
Back to top Go down
Guest12
LEVEL 5 BRAWLER
Guest12

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
LIFE FORCE:

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 6:37 am

She finally pulled away, leaving her tears to cling to my face. I felt cold inside, but warm on the surface. My heartbeat had picked up, so had my breathing. She wiped tears from her eyes as she said “I’m glad to be here with you, Darkus.”. I replied with “I am as well, Max.”. She smiled a smile I hadn’t seen her show in a long time. This smile was different than those she has shown me and her new family. She turned to look at the castle again. I could see the colored light reflecting on the tears still clinging to her face. Like a canvas being splattered with every color imaginable. She was truly happy now, I may have been wrong about the happiest moment in her life being when she realized she had a normal life, this might have been the happiest moment in her life. For what it’s worth, this might just have been mine as well.

I turned to look at the castle again. Darkus just stood there, still. After a moment he turned to face away from the castle, he looked around and closed his eyes. “Well, uh…. Do you want to head back to the city below?” I asked kind of awkwardly. “It’s too late and cold to fly back to the city right now. I guess we can stay up here for the night.” Darkus said as he looked at me over his shoulder with a little smirk. He is bending for me. He wasn’t stone cold after all.

I walked beside her on the way home. It was easily 9:30 to 10 pm now. The snow had picked up a little. Erin and her mom on the left, Max and I on the right. The snow crunched under our feet as we walked. We approached her house, I stopped at the bottom step and let them enter before I walked up last. Max waited inside the doorway for me. She took off her jacket and was trying to place it on the top hook of a coat tree in the entryway. I took the jacket from her and placed it on the hook. I then walked down the hallway into the main dining room. I could hear Max jog to catch up to me. I slowed down to allow her to catch up. I figured that the drill sergeant can stay away for the night. Let her have a normal night with whomever she wants to spend it with.

Darkus slowed down as we entered the dining room. We then moved into the living room. Darkus wasn’t his normal stone cold self today. It’s like he melted into a different person. “We will need to go back tomorrow, Max” Darkus said as I grabbed him under the arm as we entered the living room. “I know. As much as I would hate to leave them again, this time they’ll know where I’m going.” I replied, walking through the living room doorway. Erin and her mom sat on some armchairs watching the television. I didn’t pay attention what it was. “I guess, but what about if they got to see why you fight? Got to see your life, behind the scenes?” Darkus replied. Would he really be willing to reveal our life, to a human being? He was always so secretive about our life. He was afraid that the humans would hurt us, expel us from society, end the race here, before it takes over. He knew what they thought but, maybe he knew they were different. Maybe he knew they weren’t going to reveal our life. “But, they are human. I know you think they won’t tell but if word gets out, we could be done for.” I whispered back. “I am aware. I know we can trust them, if you want to show them why you fight, it will make them more comfortable.” Darkus replied back softly. “Alright, I suppose it can’t do any real harm to show them. But they can’t come with us. Don’t let me convince you to do that, alright? I don’t want to see them get hurt.” I told Darkus. “Alright.” he whispered to me. “Mom, sis. You showed me a good time tonight and opened my eyes to society again after being away from it for so long. Now, it’s time I opened your eyes to my life. Tomorrow morning I am going to take you somewhere that will give you a little insight into my life, okay?” I spoke to Erin and her mom during a commercial. “Alright, I suppose it’s only fair that we know about you.” Erin’s mom replied. I was nervous to show them, but I knew it was for the best, for both of us. We each got ready for bed, Darkus and I shared a spare bedroom that had two beds in it. Darkus just sat in the chair in the corner of the room. I was too tired to care why. It was a momentous day for us. I just wanted to relax and let it all go.

The dark came over me as I relived that moment over and over again. It seemed like a dream, but this was a dream, THAT was real. The dream, that one moment, I could see a million times, and a million times again, and still not get tired of it. It was just perfect. I wouldn’t have had it go any other way. I know this moment only made things worse for us, in case we are divided again. It will only tear my heart in two now. However, what comes from it now, is happiness I can’t ever replace. That dream was a truly enjoyable one I have had for some time. Normally, I am racked with fear of the Director and that school.

She didn’t move as she slept. I just closed my eyes, sitting in that chair, I didn’t sleep. I only focused, meditated on today’s happenings. I hadn’t felt happy for such a long time, I had almost forgotten the feeling. I know that when we leave here, Max will need the support to leave them again and I will be there for her when that time comes, if it ever does.

I awoke by Darkus shaking my shoulder. “It’s time to go, Max, before the humans wake up.” he whispered. “Alright..” I replied. For once, I wasn’t grouchy to get out of bed. Yesterday was too enjoyable to ruin the mood. We all got out of the house by 7 am, rather early for me, but I was awake for once when the sun rose. We walked out of the city and into the woods and approached a large rock cliff. Darkus set his hand on it, and made the entryway to the city. We went down a flight of stairs and stood atop that cliff overlooking the city as it awoke for the day. Erin and her mom’s jaw dropped when she saw how immense the underground city was. “What is this place?” Erin asked. “It’s an underground city for refugees of the Director.” I said sadly. “Who is the Director?” our mom asked. “He’s an evil scientist who gave me, Darkus and everyone down here, their powers that make us outcasts up there. Down here everyone is the same. We fit in down here.” I told them the whole story, how Darkus saved me. Mom looked at Darkus with tear filled eyes at that part, as if saying a silent “Thank you”. We then showed them the range of things that the Director did to Darkus, myself, and all the people in the hidden clans scattered across the world. Mom and Erin cried at times when I told them about the times I had been locked in a cage. They know everything now. “Why are you telling us all this?” Mom asked me. “Because, it’s time you know why we have been traveling all this time. We are planning on ending the Directors experiments, permanently. He has done too much to Max, to the warriors, to all these people, to ALL of the families across the world whose loved ones have fallen prey to him.” Darkus said as he turned to look out over the underground city. I walked up to him and sad “Just to myself and all those people?” and I placed my hand lightly on his chest again from behind on his left side. Darkus reached up with his right hand and grasped mine for a moment then let his hand fall back down beside him again.. Darkus glanced at me with saddened eyes. I walked back to my mother and sister. “That is why we are traveling. We are gathering an army to fight him, to end him.” Darkus spoke while turning back to us. “I see…. So you’re…” Mom asked me. “Yeah, we are staying here for a little while, then moving on.” I answered looking to the ground. “Well, I hope you can do what you can. But from what you say about Darkus, he should be able to take down the Director by himself, right?” Mom mentioned. “Well, he is strong enough, he took on 50 warriors with his eyes closed. I never thought of that idea, I guess he could…” I lifted my head a bit and looked at Darkus. “The Director hurt us all, not just me. This is going to be a redemption that everyone that was affected by him will feel they earned. THAT is why we are gathering all of those whom I freed all those years ago to take him down.” Darkus spoke with arms crossed. “I see…. “ Mom sighed. “We are leaving in one week.” Darkus mumbled. “Max, if you wish to spend that time with them, I give you permission. However, during the evenings you must come back here to train. You need to catch up on your fighting experience as well.” Darkus replied. “Alright… I guess I can…” I replied sighing…. As much as I liked fighting, I didn’t like training… it was all too stop and go, not actual fighting scenarios. Oh well, I guess it was a fair trade. “Good, report to Captain Feverbane when you come to train. He can be found on the training grounds. You will have 5 hour sessions each evening, starting at 6 pm, with some other warriors as well. That should give you plenty of time.” Darkus spoke. We then saw them out to the human world again. Darkus stayed behind to arrange the training sessions of all the warriors. Our numbers have grown to 250, with all the new recruits from this city. The week passed by slowly… Sleep, family time, then training, and it starts all over again. I loved spending time with Erin and my mom. I was finally able to be a child. During the day I was a kid, enjoying life, at night I was a warrior fighting for my life. The last day arose, Darkus was in the house when I woke up. He told me I had no training that night, and instead I should spend the time to pack and say goodbye to them. He also said he was going to arrive at 5 pm to pick me up. I REALLY felt like a child, having to have him “pick me up.” Oh brother….. I watched TV, played games with Erin and ate chocolate chip cookies until I nearly got sick. It was great. 4 pm rolled around. I walked into the spare bedroom and began to pack the few things that my mother had given me during the week. A few jackets, some spare changes of clothes, so small trinkets that will remind me of them while I am away. A modest bag full of stuff, nothing much, seeing they kept in mind that I am traveling far and wide. 4:30. We sat down and had dinner, chicken again, left on the same terms that I arrived I guess. I said my goodbyes, trying not to make it harder than needed. They walked me to the front door, I opened it to see Darkus standing on the sidewalk, waiting. “Hey, Darkus. I said as I walked through the door and joined Darkus at his side. I looked up to Mom and Erin, they each had tears in their eyes. “We’ll miss you, Max. Be safe, alright?” They said. “I’ll take good care of her. I’ll make sure she stays alive, even if I need to give my own life to do so.” Darkus said with a confident tone. Mom only nodded. I waved goodbye and began to walk beside Darkus towards the woods. In that week, I learned a lot about the human life I left behind to go on this journey, the one I was an outcast from. If you have someone you love there with you, you are never an outcast. Now, no matter where we go, I never will feel like I don’t belong.

We walked to the same cliff and entered the city again. We reached the training ground with an audience waiting. Our numbers were massive now. We still had 2 more clans to visit. However, Darkus told me that they are both small and will only offer a small handful of warriors at most. Vince, the Shaman and Beast Leader were all there as well. 5 members of the council of Evolution, with the Army of Redemption, ready and waiting to move on. Darkus landed before the army, each other them was suited with hard leather clothing with steel plates on top, with basic protection for the chest, shoulders, tops of the arms and front of the legs. Some of them wore their helmets, some pinned it again their side with their arm. Darkus looked as if he was about to begin his speech, this time he made it short and sweet. “We are not going to the two hardest clans. I am deciding to only spend a short few hours in the first of the two, I only expect them to give us 10 warriors at the most. The second one is slightly larger but, in turn, is more dangerous. This clan is focused in an area of the world where our gift is seen as a mark of the devil. You don’t want to give anyone there a reason to think you have your gift. So, be cautious and think before you move, got it?!” “Yes, sir!” They replied as one. They really had been trained by the sergeant, hadn’t they? I wasn’t surprised. Darkus lifted into the air. “What about those who can’t fly?” I yelled up to him. “Just come up here and watch.” Darkus replied as I joined him. Now that I could see, some warriors had slits on their back and others had a backpack of sorts. The warriors lifted into the air with control and speed. “The backpacks allow them to fly?” I questioned. “Partly, they still feed on my power, but it’s not as big a strain on me this time. I would be rather weak supporting all these people. The city was able to build one for each warrior during this week’s time. It will allow us to travel farther without stopping now. Let’s get going!” Darkus replied as he lifted his hand to open and hole in the ceiling to reveal the dark sky above. “What about humans seeing us? They do come out at night you know.” I asked. “THAT is where my spare power is going towards. I developed a cloaking energy, so we will be cloaked. However, if the light shines through it in the right way, you can see a hazy outline of the figure inside. So, at night is the best time to travel since light is limited.” Darkus replied. “However, we need to keep quiet, my cloaking doesn’t stop noises.” He finished. I kept quiet as I flew amongst the group. It wasn’t long before we reached the next clan location. Maybe 8 hours of flying time, that’s about 400 miles when flying at full speed. The snow was still around, but it was a lot colder than in the city. This was more like a small town this time. Maybe a few thousand living in it. Darkus landed at an old broken down house and walked around back to a cellar door. He opened it to reveal an stairway. It led to a dark room. Darkus suddenly spoke a few words I didn’t understand, it sounded different than the strange language he spoke to Vince. Suddenly, faces started coming out of the walls, they pulled out so far to reveal full people. What WERE these people?!? Darkus seemed to be looking at just one of them. He towered over Darkus. This guy was easily 8 feet tall, to Darkus’s 6 1/2 feet. Darkus held his hand up and bent his finger, as if they were claws. The man looked surprised by this and he did the same thing, but with the opposite hand. Then they both spoke another odd word, then they shook hands. “Warriors, this is StoneClaw. He was one of the few the Director experimented on with DNA from other beings. Next to Avians, the Elemental race of his experiments is the most unknown. Each of these men can bend a different element, but not just bend it, they can fuse with it, just as they hide inside the walls of this cave from human eyes.” Darkus explained to us. “So, Dark Matter, why have you returned to us?” the tower of a man spoke in a deep voice. “I have returned to recruit you all to fight the Director, as I told you all those years ago, he needs to be taken down, now is the time we prepare. He is growing in power. I fear he plans to do MASS experimentations. I saw blueprints for such a plan, but they didn’t have anywhere near the tech to achieve it. However, they weren’t that far from developing it.” Darkus spoke. He had never told me this before, so that’s why he has been in a bit of a rush to kill the Director already. “Dark Matter, you saved me all those years ago. He made me a laughing stock among anyone who I contacted. I want a piece of the action to take him down, we all do. Right?” the man spoke. I call him” The Tower” since I was never told his name. A series of voices arose from around us. “Alright, we can head out. Oh, and stop calling me Dark Matter. It’s Darkus, alright?” Darkus mumbled to The Tower. “Sorry, Darkus. I haven’t seen you in so long, I forgot you didn’t like that nickname.” Darkus punched The Tower in the arm, causing cracking. That guy really was made of stone. The cracks slowly filled in as if they never happened. That was….interesting. He looked like “the Thing” from a TV show I watched when I was with Erin a few days ago. He was real?!?! Oh well, we all walked outside again and a spare backpack was given to the Tower and his followers. I would have expected that they would have been bulkier, but they were rather thin, just tall and had stone for skin. We took off for the next location. On the way Darkus spoke brought us higher in altitude so we could talk. I gossiped with some of the girl warriors that were brave enough to join us. They weren’t you normal girly girls, they were tomboys like me. I glad there was some girls in the group instead of just boys. No matter how much you don’t mind them, they do get tiring after months of being around them. I then overheard Darkus asking The Tower to join the Council of Evolution. Of course, he accepted. 6 members now. I can’t believe how powerful we are becoming. We were on our way to the last place before the final battle.

We flew for a few hours to the west. There was still snow. We must be in the same latitude then. Darkus began to fly down to the ground, in the middle of the forest. We broke the tree line to see a huge castle, abandoned. “Here’s where we will be staying for a few days. It’s best we stop moving for a while before we give our location away to the Director.” Darkus said to the group. “Max, you and I will go into the nearby town and get supplies. There’s not enough in the forest to feed all these people. Remember what I said, these people don‘t like us. They fear us. So they send people to kill people like us, out of fear. Watch your back.” Darkus said as we left the castle and headed towards town.

We began to see buildings. They looked rather small and needed work. There were people walking on the streets, but we walked in and everyone hid. I saw people peeking out of their windows, covered with blinds. I had an eerie feeling. We approached a stall owner and asked for some meat and vegetables, a bunch. He replied that he will arrange a cart to deliver the goods to you. The man knelt down behind his cart and picked up a phone of some sort and spoke into it. “It’ll be here shortly. If you could just wait, you’ll have your food ready to be carted off.” the man replied with a smirk. “Good.” Darkus replied and turned away from the cart and went to lean against a post that sat 10 feet away from the cart. I saw a covered cart make it’s way down the road towards us. It stopped as a man got off the front. “Here you go. Your goods are inside, sir. We’ll give you a lift to your home.” the man said as he opened the back door of the cart for us to get in. It was nice they were willing to deliver the stuff for us. I began to walk towards the cart and Darkus joined me, but a little bit ahead. The guy walked behind us. I heard a click behind me, then a swoosh. I looked over my shoulder to see Darkus’ left hand outstretched. I heard a clacking of something hitting the ground to my left. It was a rifle then a feather blade. My eyes widened. They knew! We didn’t even do anything, and THEY KNEW! “Max, run!” Darkus yelled as he pushed my shoulder as he tackled the guy who was holding the gun. Immediately 12 guys jumped out of the cart, they each had a different rifle than the other. Darkus was like a beast. He was jumping every which way, tearing at each man who came out of the cart. Then two more carts pulled up. Each brought another 10 to 12 men out of it. I ran a distance away and turned around to see a mob of men climbing over each other. For a second I see Darkus jump out of the crowd, look towards me then jump back in. He was stalling to let me get away. I turned and ran. I could hear the men yelling as they fought him. I ran toward the forest as fast as I could. POW!!! I stopped in my tracks. I heard the yells turn to cheers. I just stared, eyes widened. No, he couldn’t….

It was a frenzy, they seemed to be coming out of the woodwork. They were everywhere. They came at me with clubs, whips, and guns, like I was an animal. I kept looking the way Max had ran, she stopped. I motioned her to keep going. So, she did. Each man fell hard, I was ruthless. I could hear bones crack and shatter, hitting the floor. I had to stop this. They weren’t going to respect us as equals if I fight them like this. I stopped, pretending to be out of breath. “I’m done.” I exhaled. “Good, good.” one man said, who was clearly the leader of this gang. “The Mutation Force hereby takes you into custody for public display of Mutated Power.” Three men jumped me, pulled my arms behind my back, one of them pulled at my hair. I heard a click from my left. I managed to look over in time to see a dart fly at me. I felt a jab in my neck, I went limp, I could still use my senses for a few minutes, but my movement was stopped. The men dropped me to the ground and tied my hands and feet, then they dragged me to the back of the cart, and lifted me in. I could hear cheering, then everything went black. At least she’s safe.

I was frozen. I heard a cart pull away, the clacking of the horses hooves on the stone roadway. They didn’t….. I know they didn’t. They must be retreating that’s it! They are fleeing in fear from him. He’ll be back soon. I walked to the forest and hid in a tree and kept an eye out for him. An hour passed…..two….three….four….five… night fell….six….seven…eight… I lost hope each minute he didn’t return. I returned to the castle, barely clinging to hope. I found an empty room and went to sleep, hoping he would be there in the morning.

I could hear voices, then I could begin to see some light. Then, I felt pain. I could feel blow after blow striking my back, my side, my chest. Every direction, from boots, hands, gun stocks. I groaned. “Enough!” That same familiar voice spoke again. “He’s awake.” He walked over to me. “So, mutation, what are you doing here? Have your heard of the Mutation Force? To you freaks, we are well known, and feared. You are awfully brave, or stupid to show your face around here. We know whether you are one of not, just by looking at you. Your little friend that you let escape, he isn’t one. So how’d you get your power around her, how’d you hide them?” The man said as he placed his boot with some force on the side of my head. “I just didn’t use them around her, simple as that.” I replied, spurting blood from my mouth. “Ah, I see. Why did you use your power in public knowing full well that you were gonna get caught. You really ARE stupid ain’t ya?” he spat. “No, that first man was pointing a gun at her, so I stopped him. I was protecting her!” I spoke with some anger. He pressed hid boot harder against my head. “Now, don’t get upset you society reject. Don’t you get it? That man was getting his gun out to take you out, not her. We protect normal humans, no matter if they are strangers or not. YOU on the other hand, aren’t so lucky.” The replied and removed the boot from my head. “Abnormalities like you will infect our entire civilization. You pick fights, think that just because you have an upper hand over us means that you can push us around, like slaves! You think Natural Selection favors you, don’t ya? Well, it doesn’t. The human race has survived this was for centuries. If it was Natural that you would take over us, it would have already happened. So, we help keep the gene pool around here clean of diseases like you.” he spoke with arrogance. “We are humans like you are. We have one thing different, that doesn’t make us a disease, only different, unique.” I replied. The man turned around and stomped his foot. “Quiet! Would you like to preach your little chat to the entire town later this afternoon? They’ll tear you to shreds.” the man replied spitting at me. I realized I must have been out all night. “So be it.” I replied. “Nah, I think I’ll let you go a few days without food or water, and we’ll see how willing you are to talk….or stay alive for that matter. Here, I have a little gift for you, reject.” the man walked over and placed a collar around my neck then untied my hands. “What’s this?!” I demanded as he walked out of the room, which was now a cell room, and locked the door. “You’ll find out, I’m sure.” the man said as he walked away laughing.

I had my feelings back, I don’t know how long they were beating me up back there, but I didn’t have a bone or part of me that didn’t cry out with pain. My whole body was throbbing. I found it best to not heal myself, they’ll only get enraged and give me more. I managed to get into a cross legged position, and I just closed my eyes and meditated. I blocked out the pain, the stinging, everything. Time passed…one day…. Two days. Hunger and thirst came, and stayed. The pain lingered. It was excruciating. I thought relieving a bit of the pain would be substantial enough to calm me down. I focused, then the pain increased exponentially. I opened my eyes, it stopped. My neck throbbed, it became hard to swallow. My muscles began to go into a spasm. Electrocution. Shock collar. They really thought we were animals. The only thing that eased the moment was knowing that they knew Max wasn’t like me. They weren’t going to search for her. She was safe. However, for me, I wasn’t so sure.
Back to top Go down
Guest12
LEVEL 5 BRAWLER
Guest12

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
LIFE FORCE:

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 8:41 am

Two days passed. I trained, but I didn’t feel the same. I told everyone Darkus went to find some food, that the town didn’t have any to spare. After two days, that lie wasn’t going to work anymore. I knew I had to take a risk and go look for him. I woke up early and left to go search the town, for where that gang would have brought him. I wandered the streets, hoping for a sign, even the worst case scenario. I just wanted to find him.

The third day rose, not a drop of water or crumb of food. My stomach was roaring for food. I just mediated and blocked it out. My wounds were beginning to settle and heal themselves. I had my back to the door. I heard it open. I heard footprints walk to my back. I could feel the heat of the man behind me wrap around the right side of my neck then place something down in front of me. “It’s been three days, Reject. Save us the trouble.” The man then left the room. My eyes hadn’t opened. I opened them to see a dagger sitting in front of me. Were they really expecting me to do such a thing? I was in pain and was dying of hunger, but I wouldn’t give up that easily, not while we were so close. I just sat there, I didn’t move. About 6 hours later the man entered again. He opened the door, stepped in and stood still. “So, you still want to live?” He asked. “I should have died so many times before…..but now I will live again.” I replied to him. “You insolent little…..!!!!” The man said behind me as he lifted his foot. I knew what was coming. I accepted it. He kicked me on my back however, I didn’t move. He continued raining blows upon my shoulders, head, sides and legs. I never left my crossed legged position. “Fine you insect. Let’s see if you like this!!!” He reached into his pocket and pulled out a switch. He held it up and pressed it. That pain returned, excruciating again. I could feel my focus waver. The pain was too much. I became light headed and fell to my side. I saw his boot heading for my chest. I felt the blow, it knocked the wind out of me. It felt like a lightning bolt struck my heart. I could no longer see. I could feel everything he delivered upon me, I couldn’t see it. I completely blacked out and just laid there, lifeless for who knows how long.

I finally came to again. I attempted to life my head, only to be held down by a boot again. “You awake, reject?” I heard that same voice again. “Well, now that you have woken up, it’s time for you to preach to the city you little heartfelt speech you were giving me. It’ll be the last speech you give. I’ll sure of that.” the voice snickered. “Hey. It’s time we get him ready to hang out with the townsfolk. Spread the word for a town meeting in one hour in the center of town. You’re going to have fun, reject. Be excited. Prepare your speech, you‘ll need to.” the voice spoke as he left to get ready. I could hardly breathe or even move. My breaths were short and raspy. My throat felt swollen and closed. I was surprised I was able to keep conscious. I just laid there. I closed my eyes and pretended everything was alright. That man’s parting words didn’t bold confidence for me.

I searched the town high and low. I couldn’t find him. There were so many carts in town that I couldn’t search them all, or all the buildings they were parked outside of. I headed back to the castle and rested for another day of searching tomorrow.

I woke up early that morning, I began to search the town again. I heard some civilians say that there was a town meeting that afternoon at 3 pm. The other asked if it was about that mutation they caught a few days ago. The reply was, “I don’t know. If it is, I am going. I always enjoy those meetings. It’s the only entertainment I enjoy.” What? It could be him? As much as I don’t want to be in this town, I need to go to that meeting, if there’s a chance it could be him, I need to risk it.

I heard the door lock click. Here we go, I told myself. “It’s time to go insect.” the man spoke. “Well, get up!” the man demanded. As much as I tried, I couldn’t move. I couldn’t feel my limbs anymore. “You heard me, reject! GET UP!” he yelled as he kicked my head, making me turn over onto my back from my side. “I can’t, your beatings had rid me of movement.” I replied with a wheezing breath. “Good, that’s what I like to hear.” he replied and whistled. Two other men walked in with a large pole. I laid on my back as they came and spread my arms and tied them to the pole. Two of the biggest guys in their gang picked up the pole, taking me with it, dangling by my arms.
Back to top Go down
Guest12
LEVEL 5 BRAWLER
Guest12

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
LIFE FORCE:

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:07 am

I dazed in and out consciousness. I heard voices, I saw light from the sun. My vision blurred in and out of focus. My head hung freely from my shoulders. My eyes opened weakly. I saw that I was moving across the town square towards a small stage. I saw the faces blur by my vision until I rose above them and stopped. I looked down, I was on tall stool. My feet just touching the top. They slowly lowered me onto the stool. I was surprised I could hold my own weight. They untied my hands from the pole, and tied them together. We were in the town square. I scanned the faces in the crowd. I saw one that was familiar. I was too dazed to remember who. I only stood there, using all my strength to keep myself standing. I looked at the crowd as they pointed and laughed. Some yelled obscenities and swears. I thought of all the people that are awaiting my return, only to not ever see me again. “Now, this man was arrested for public use of Mutation Power. Let this be a warning to all mutated freaks out there, that your days are numbered, as this man’s minutes are numbered.” I looked up to see the crowd again. I looked for that familiar face. I saw it again. I remembered who it was now. I was filled with sadness. “So, reject. You were going to tell me some sob story the day I arrested you. Do you feel like telling it now?” the man asked. “If you hadn’t …..beaten me to a point where…. I can hardly…. Breathe… maybe I would.” I spoke, in short breaths. “Well, why do you think we do that to freaks like you? It keep you quiet. It shows you who the real masters are in this world.” the man said. The crowd erupted in cheers of approval of the man’s words.

I wandered the streets. They were empty. I could hear a eerie sound of voices a few streets over. I made my way toward the center of town. The meeting already started! I fought my way through the crowd to the center of the excitement. There was a stage. It was empty for the moment. Then I heard voices and hand point to the left. I could see a large man walking onto the stage in front of two other men who were each holding one end of a pole. My heart dropped. On that pole was Darkus, tied by his hands and arms, outstretched. He looked beaten beyond recognition. I saw him lift his head and open his one good eye for a moment. I could see the sheen of blood on his black leather. I saw cut and bruised on his head and neck. He was a mess, what had they done to him? I felt angry. I remembered Darkus told me this on the way into town. “Max, if anything is to happen to me, I need you to go on without me. My life isn’t as important as taking the Director down. You need to promise me that you won’t try to save me. Just let what happens, happen. What is important is that the warriors have a leader to take down the Director. You will be that person, Max. Promise me!” His voice echoed in my head. I promised him. I have to keep my promise. It killed me to stand there and watch him. The crowd cheered at the sight of him, beaten and broken. The man spoke, then Darkus uttered some words. I heard “beaten badly” and that’s all. I was so enraged. I wanted to beat those men until they were black and blue. If they died, I would kill them again! I had to hold on to the promise. I just had to!

“Now then! Let’s get on with the main event!” the man said. The crowd calmed down and held their breath. The man walked onto another stool beside me and grabbed something from above my head. I lifted my head with all my strength. If I was going to go out, I wanted everyone to see what happens when someone dies. The light leaving the dead’s eyes, the contortions of the face, everything. They wanted a show, fine. I don’t care anymore. I watched as he lowered the loop and let it hang in front of me. I was staring directly into the noose. “Do you see the fires of the Devil Realm through that noose, reject?” The man asked. I looked through the noose, that familiar face sat in the center of it. “No, I see something I value more than life itself.” I uttered. “Well, you’ll need to get awfully used to fire, because that’s where you are going.” the man said. I closed my eyes. “Please forgive me. I left you in fear. All the dreams we had to silence. That’s all they’ll ever be.“ I thought in my head. The man stepped forward and began to bring the loop closer to my head. “Reject!, you may be a mutation, but you are still human. You can die!” the man said. “If I am human, then you are committing murder.” I said loud enough for everyone to hear me. I began to unfold my wings, arising a admiration among the crowd. “If I am human, I am no different than you!” I yelled, still expanding my wings outward. The crowd began to whisper amongst themselves. “If I am human, I am part of the surviving race on this Earth!” I continued. “If I am human, I belong here, amongst the rest of you!” I yelled, finishing, wings fully opened. The crowd began to waver in opinion. They began to see our race’s pain and suffering. The man got upset and growled. “Don’t let the mutation fool you! He is only playing mind games with you. You can kill a wolf that’s at your door, can’t you? It can die, but it can still hurt you are well. This is only a beast trying to trick you into a false sense of security, so it can stab you in the back with it‘s power. Don’t be fooled. Let’s end his traitorous words.” he yelled, the crowd listened, and believed his lies. It hadn’t worked. I had been denied. Was it too late for our race? Will people like me ever see freedom again? Ever see equality?

I couldn’t believe what was happening. Darkus spoke such truth, but he was rejected. No surprise. No wonder why he was called reject. His words weren’t even supposed to be heard. I began to well up with tears. I couldn’t bear to watch this. It felt like my heart was twisting, with a knife lodging inside.

I raised my head. The man stepped forward and placed the rope around my neck. I looked into the sun ahead of me. I guess, this was the end. I gave my life to help our race, all to no avail. I had failed. I closed my eyes, letting the sunlight being the last thing I saw. I heard the man’s foot steps come beside me. He lifted one boot, placed it on the stool I was standing on, and pushed it. I felt myself fall. It felt like forever, I waited for the pull upward. I felt the rope tighten on my neck, making me dangle, for everyone’s amusement. I just hung there, pulling at the rope around my neck, gasping for air until I felt exhausted, which took only 20 seconds. I felt blood swarm my throat, begin to flow into my mouth. My head felt like it was swelling, then I couldn't move anymore. I had no energy to fight back. Let death come. I had no reason to fight it off any longer. I fought as hard as I could to simply think. “I never knew what love was.... until you came around. Still, I’ll still be the hand that saves you..... but you won’t see...... that it is me.....” My sense of sight died, my sense of hearing died, my senses all perished, withered into black. Then It was my body’s turn. I stopped moving. Next, my will and mind. I just went completely limp. I was gone.

I couldn’t watch. I had to do something. I would be nothing without him. That promise. I had to stick to it. Darkus would have wanted me to. I wanted to run, but I stayed. In his last moments, I wanted to be there with him. The stool dropped. Darkus’ face gasped for air, hands grasping at the rope around his neck, his eyes fluttered open, each time revealing pupils slowly receding backward. I had to close my eyes. I couldn’t take it. The waterworks came. I couldn’t hold them back. In this moment, I felt they were justified. I opened them to see Darkus hanging there, barely moving. I was in so much pain, and I couldn’t do anything about it! It couldn’t get any worse, at least he was in one piece.

The man walked over to another younger man on the stage, he lifted Darkus’ sword. No one touches that except Darkus!!! How dare he!?! It took all my will and energy to hold back. He walked over to the hanging body and raised the sword, he aimed for his head. As if strangling him wasn’t enough, he had to decapitate him too? I had to be strong. I had to just let what happens happen. Even if it kills me inside. I’m a soldier now, fighting in a battle, to be free once more, that’s worth fighting for. I may lose countless allies, but I need to keep fighting in their honor. I can’t forget those who have fallen, for this dream of freedom for us. I just stood there, and watched. He raised the sword and swung it toward him. I closed my eyes. I didn’t hear the sound, I heard shouting erupt from around me. I opened my eyes to see an arrow fly toward the stage, and slice through the rope, part way. I looked to see a man standing on the stage, cutting away Darkus’ rope, from the already made slice. It was Vince. The rope was cut through. Darkus fell to the ground, not moving. Was it too late?

I ran over to him, through a chaotic crowd. Vince was watching them to make sure no one retaliated. Darkus landed on his side facing away from me. I shook him. “Darkus, Darkus! Please, say something. Please, anything.” I said to him. He didn’t reply, he was turning stiff. I was afraid for him, afraid for me. “Darkus, please… You haven’t left me before, don’t you dare do it now! I need you!” I rolled him over onto his back. He didn’t move. I placed my hand on his chest again, I felt nothing, not his heart beating like a thunder of horses’ hoof beats, no breathing of his lungs like a mighty tornado. Nothing. He was empty. I broke down. I heard my tear drops hit his leather jacket. I didn’t know that to do. I was going to lose the one thing I cared about more than anyone else in the world. There were things I wanted to tell him that I never got to say. I was going frantic inside. I held his head in my hands, he was pale and still. His hands lay at his side still tied. I looked at one of his fingers, suddenly, it twitched. A fire burned inside me that never went out. Something was wrong. He didn’t move again. Was I seeing things? I thought of the fact that I had to lead that group of warriors by myself. No! I need to be calm. I need to think of him. I need to remember what he means to me. I picked up his head, I looked into his face again. I never noticed some scars from battles on his face. The lower half of his face was relatively untouched by the beatings. He had a black eye, and a few cuts and bruises on his forehead. He died with a peaceful look on his face, like he was asleep. I removed the rope from his neck and untied his hands. I slowly scanned the rest of his body, the tears in his jacket, the blood dried on the leather. I can’t imagine what happened to him. All to save me. I can’t thank him enough, ever but I could try to show him the truth of what he meant to me. I looked into his face I placed my hand along the side of his face, it was cool. I leaned over and lightly let my lips touch his. I could taste blood on his lips. He didn’t move. His lips were cold to the touch, but weren‘t stone yet. He went through so much pain, he was really gone. I was alone. I felt heartbroken, I felt only sadness. Anger didn’t rise at the men who did this. I let tears run down my face, the tears ran and spilled on the top of Darkus’ eyes and dripped down to the lower corner and flowed down his temple. I sat there with his head in my hands. I was lost without him, I didn’t know what to do. After the crowd had cleared, Vince walked up to me, bow in hand. I looked up to him with tear filled eyes. He placed his hand on my shoulder. “Max we’ll get through this. Everyone Darkus has touched, will help you through it. There’s so many. You will feel he still stands beside you everyday.” Vince said. I looked around, men lay scattered in the square, including the man who had pushed the stool. A few people walked up to us and asked if we were okay. They sent their respects and told us with tears in their eyes that everything Darkus had said was true. They hated the men who did this and they hated themselves for being so easily fooled. He then admitted that he was the mayor of the town. He offered us refuge in their city for their loss. The mayor swore to us that the gang would be disbanded and brought to justice for their murders of the Mutated. The mayor also offered his finest craftsman’s services to make a proper coffin for Darkus. Just the thought made me tear up again. Where would he remain for all eternity?

Vince and I lifted Darkus onto our shoulders and we carried him back to the castle, to the sorrow of 250 soldiers. The Council of Evolution was affected the most. They each were close friends to Darkus, they had lost him, just as I had. We lost our Northern Star. We set Darkus on a stone table facing upward in a room in the castle, we left the room. The men that arrived on the stage with Vince, approached me. They told me that they were the Clan of Mechanical Fusion and Generation. I welcomed them as the last additions. We increased our total to 300 soldiers. The Mayor of the town offered some of their police force as warriors as well. The day was quiet. Everyone went outside, since the town no longer feared us. I remained beside Darkus, talking to him and most of all thinking and asking about what he would do. I pulled up an old wooden chair next to the stone table. I held one of his hands as I asked for an answer. All that came was memories. I fell asleep with my head on his chest, my hand in his.
Back to top Go down
Guest12
LEVEL 5 BRAWLER
Guest12

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
LIFE FORCE:

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 7:49 am

That night was total and utter darkness. My dreams were black, not a sound was heard. I was alone. I could see myself standing in the nothingness. “You said you would protect me, but where are you now? I have no protection now. Don’t leave me alone!!!“ I heard my voice echo. Not just my voice. I could hear whispers, one voice, a flurry of voices. “You’ll never be alone, when evil slithers in the shadows. I‘ll fend them away with light.” The voice said, I listened. “You know I’m never far.” I looked around in the blackness. “ Who‘s going to fight for what‘s right? Who is going to help them survive?” The voice continued. “Who is going to fight for the weak? Who is going to make them believe?” The voice continued. “A hero‘s not afraid to give his life.” the voice echoed. “Remember, who you are. Max, the Savior of the Mutated Race.” the voice continued, softer. “Remember what you fight for.” It spoke again, beginning to fade. “Remember….. Who…. you fight for.” The voice faded. “No, don’t leave me!! Come back.” I yelled into the black. “Remember….” The voice faded away.” No….. don’t go…” voice dropped to silence. I could barely see. Morning came slowly. I began to dream of how it used to be. Can we ever go back?

I hate feeling like this. I am sick and tired of trying to fight this feeling. I’m asleep and all I dream of is waking to him. I don’t want to sleep or even dream, because those sweet dreams never comforted me like he did. My eyes opened up, looking at him, my hand clinging to his frozen hand. He hadn’t moved since I had fallen asleep. I’m just a breath away, falling off the edge. I lifted my head from his chest. I looked him over, his skin had turned a light shade of gray. “Tell me that you will listen, Darkus. Can you hear me? I miss you already. You were my source of strength, don’t leave me here like this! The ways you have touched me, by just being there. The more I hide myself, the more I realize I was pushing you away. You let me. You didn’t want to force me. Everything else has been forced onto me, you lifted that burden. You took that pain I felt. You don’t know how much I need you.” I began to tear up. I hated feeling this way. I wanted it all to end. “I’m just a girl. All I have is wings. How can I do it alone?” I then remembered the voice. “A hero’s not afraid to give his life.” I muttered. “I have a hero, living in me.”

Vince opened the door behind me. “Max, the carriage is here for him. Have you thought of a place for him? I had thought about it. I helped get him outside. The craftsman’s casket lay in the cart, ready for him. “No.” I replied. “Not this. He wouldn’t want this.” I said. “What? Vince asked, the craftsman giving an odd look. “Alright, if this isn’t the style he would like, I could go and make another one in a few hours, if you would like. “ the craftsman said. “No, he wouldn’t want to be buried like this at all.” I muttered. “I’m sorry, sir but, we don’t need your services. Thank you anyway.” I said looking at him. The craftsman didn’t take it to heart, he just got in the cart, wished us the best and went back to the town. “How would he like to remain, Max?” Vince asked me. I told him “Do you know where Darkus came from? Where his people originated, a temple of some sort?” I asked “I know where you are talking about , yes… It’s about two hours travel north of here, atop that mountain there.” Vince pointed behind me to the top of the tallest mountain on this side of the world. “That is where he would like to remain, inside the temple there, where he started out.” I spoke. “Alright, sound judgment, Max.” Another cart remained. We placed him in the back and I joined Vince in the front, he directed our travel. I occasionally flew up to see how far we were. It took a little longer than expected, about 3 hours.” We reached the top. I flew into the temple to scour for a place for him to rest. I walked down the familiar hallway, with the moon spirit’s room. I continued down the hallway. It led to a larger room in which there was a window that followed the path of the sun and moon’s orbits. I called Vince over to the spot. “Here.” I said. “Here? He questioned. He looked around, he noticed the celestial calendar set-up his people had created. “I see, sounds like a place he would look over all of us from. I agree upon this spot, Max.” Let’s go get him, he has been waiting long enough.” Vince said as he began to walk out of the room.

We carried him into the room. “He needs something more special than just laying on the floor.” He spoke. I knew something, I brought in a large marble tablet to lay him on. “Still too crude for him.” I said. “Darkus didn’t like many material things, Max. Maybe he wants it plain and simple.” he said. Just then I noticed out of the corner of my eyes that the three rooms in the hallway began to become illuminated. The Sun room, red. The Moon room, blue. The Earth room (Which I never entered before), green. The light slowly intensified. I couldn’t believe my eyes, I saw a figure walk out of each room. Each of them bringing a flashback from the journey. From the red room, a phoenix emerged. From the blue room, a dragon stepped forth. From the green room, the dog walked out. Each of them walked into the larger room where we stood. They each had a look of sadness, not anger. They didn’t seem whole, they looked like holograms, like they weren’t all there. I knew they felt what we felt. They each stepped before Darkus. They surrounded him on three sides upon the tablet. They looked at Vince and I. “We are the spirits of the Earth, Moon and Sun. The people who lived here believed in each of us.“ The Phoenix began. “The descendants and ancestors of this temple’s residents were bathed with spiritual light from the gods upon birth and death.“ The Dragon spoke. “This one was a demon, that his people hated. However, he was saved from the darkness and set out on a journey to end it, his journey took his life.“ The Dog finished. “He has passed the torch onto those whom he has touched. Being the beginning of the age of light, this man has done much for both the spirits and for the human world. For that, he should be free from the ravages of time, to see finish what he had started.“ the Phoenix announced. “Do either of you have any last things you wish to say to him?“ The Dog spoke looking towards us. I looked at Vince. “Darkus was a dear friend. He had a tough exterior, but he had the passion of a thousand suns. He would do anything to protect those whom he loved. I will miss him dearly. I will follow his lead and finish what he started, even if I need to go the same way he had to do so.” Vince finished and bowed his head. I walked over to him for the last time. I placed my hand along the side of his head as I had before, feeling him rid the warmth from my hand. “To find this love of mine….” I began. “I would walk through wind and fire. Forever and always. Hollow hands reach out, for you to touch me now. Forever and always. My heart and soul beat for you. My blood may run dry,…… I may die inside….. but, I promise to fulfill your dream, live out both our lives. You remind me of a time when I felt…… alive. Your touch used to give that to me. Please give me the power to go on without you. Bring me back to life.” I said. For the last time, I placed my lips on his. The emotion I felt that day in the city, at that moment, returned with a burst of energy. Darkus had heard me all this time. He has given me the strength to move on. My heat warmed his lips. It was the only thing that resembled life anywhere on him now. I pulled away slowly. I didn’t want to say goodbye, but I knew, he would always be there with me. I stepped back beside Vince. He threw his arm over me and we both looked at the dog. “He is ready.” The Dog spoke as he turned to the Phoenix. “Time shall no longer ravage this heroic soul. He fought for more than just those around him, he fought for those who created this world, even the things he couldn’t see. Truly a will made of the strongest power ever witnessed. His body, soul and mind were one. He fought to his last breath to protect those around him, those whom he cared for, those whom he loved.” The dragon spoke. “It is time he be remembered for all he was, for that we can keep his physical being alive, for those who wish to know of his life and death.” the Phoenix uttered stepping towards Darkus even more.

Each of them opened their mouths and released a flurry of energy in each of the three colors. I could hear a crackling of some sort begin to erupt. What were they doing? I could see the light reflect in my streaming tears. After a moment, they all stopped. Revealing a magnificent capsule of crystals encasing him. Each of the spirits stepped back from him. “Now he can look over the world upon which he fought for.” The Dragon spoke. The three spirits evaporated and flowed towards the crystals Darkus was now encased in. The sunlight reflected off the crystals, Making the room glow with light of all colors. I was happy that everyone he cared about noticed his sacrifice, even the spirits of his people noticed. I felt happy for him, and partly, for myself. Vince and I watched the light move across the walls as the sun angle changed. “Come on, Max. Let’s go home.” Vince said as we began to walk towards the door. “It will never be a home without him, I guess it will have to do.” I said. I glanced over my shoulder for one last time, to see his face so peaceful. I then closed my eyes and departed. Farewell, Darkus.
Back to top Go down
Guest12
LEVEL 5 BRAWLER
Guest12

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
LIFE FORCE:

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 4:26 am

Every step I took leaving that temple, Darkus’ final resting place, made me feel more and more alone. Colder. No one to comfort me. The separation is unbearable. I returned to the Castle, with the 300 soldiers looking at me. How am I supposed to lead all these men alone? Why did Darkus believe in me this much, to hand all of THIS off to me. Sure, I doubt myself, but Darkus hasn’t been wrong about me before. I am not going to perceive that he was wrong in this choice. I looked over all the soldiers awaiting orders. I gave them no such thing. I just walked back into the castle as the light faded into night. I heard Vince behind me tell the warriors to spar and then get some food.

I flew outside the castle and landed upon the highest tower. I stared up into the night sky, hoping, praying to see that familiar black figure rocketing towards me. I closed my eyes, seeing that cursed face. I felt hot tears start to form in my eyes, I bared my teeth and forced them back. Don’t cry wimp, I thought. I knew Darkus wouldn’t want me to act like this. But there was just a part of me not willing to let go.
It had it me like a tsunami: how perfect he was for me, how no one else would ever, could ever be so perfect for me, how he was everything I could possibly want in my life. But now, he was gone, away from me. And it felt like being stabbed, except the pain never, ever leaves you.
I heard a twig snap behind me, and I whirled around to see a figure in the shadows. “Dar -” I began but immediately shut up. It was only Vince. Sadness took over and the tears were starting to come back. But Max the Leader had to take over now. I was the one who had to take over. “Max.” he said. “Hey . . . Vince.” I mumbled. I could care less about Vince at that moment. But right now, he was all I had. And he was close to Darkus too. Plus, he DID have wings like me. “Are you okay? You’ve isolated yourself from the others …” I glared up at him. “Oh, gee. I wonder WHY!” I snapped. He winced, and I felt guilty. “Sorry, Vince. I didn’t mean to..” I whispered. “It’s fine, Max. I know the pain you’re going through.” His words made zero sense. That was a lie, a horrible, twisted lie. I know Darkus and Vince were both friends. But I was with Darkus longer. I had grown up with him, got the amazing pleasure of getting to be with him almost five years. Getting the wonderful experience to love him. I looked up at Vince, who was looking at me with pity in his eyes. If it’s anything I want it’s his pity, I thought bitterly. I closed my eyes and I could see Darkus, yet again. Darkus’ face was closed, secretive, strong, like the most interesting riddle I would ever find. “Anyway, Max. The member’s of the council is waiting for us.”

I could not believe what I was hearing. Even VINCE was against me. “Have you all gone BONKERS?” I yelled at the top of my lungs. You’re all probably confused as heck right now so let me make this short an sweet. They don’t want me to lead on in Darkus’ place. Even though I am SURE that of all people, that his second in command would take lead. But no. “Well, Max, we just think it would be wise to find someone else.” the shaman spoke. I was practically trembling with anger. “Oh . . . So you all think I can’t do it, huh?” I spat. I looked around at all the member’s, trying to keep my voice level. “We know that you may have had some experience with fighting. But you’re not as strong as Dark Matter.” The Tower replied. “DARKUS.” I snapped at him. “HIS NAME WAS DARKUS.” I glared at him. “Calm down, Max.” Vince whispered, putting a hand on my shoulder. I slapped his hand away and got up for my chair, and got in his face. “You knew what this meeting was about all along. You all think that just because I am a bit younger than some of you, a couple measly years younger than Darkus, I can’t fight!” My eyes flew to a corner, where Darkus’ sword laid. It shined in the light, standing out. I suddenly got an idea, if anything could convince them, it would be just that.

I kicked off the ground and snapped open my wings, pushing down hard. I must have looked like the avenging angel. I swooped past the other fellow clan leaders and snatched the Darkus’ sword. As soon as my hand made contact with that blade, I have never felt so powerful. And, I could feel his spirit. He was there, I could feel it. I aimed toward Vince, and he dodged. I landed on my feet, then spun on my heel and turned to face them. “Come on!” I snapped. I’ll admit, Vince was good. Vince came at me fast and hard, his snow white wings pounding hard against the air. He came down to strike me with his own blade, but I quickly evaded and lunged for him yet again. I quickly did a roundhouse kick straight into his chest, he staggered backwards, wheezing. But came at me again, his hand curled into fist. His fist made contact with my stomach. Oh God, it hurt so bad. But pain is a message, messages can be delayed. I pulled the sword back, and I was able to nip his leg.

I saw the blade coming at the last second, it gashed my leg. At that moment, I felt his presence again. The world around me melted. Nothing but darkness. Contact with Darkus’ sword did THIS? I then saw all the Council appear as well, the background was still darkness. We all stood in a group, silent. We then saw him appear, fading from black. He was back to mint condition, before his death occurred, or even began. He stared at each of us, with a look of disappointment. “You think that I was foolish in choosing Max to be leader if I was to die, Vince. You ALL think this?” Darkus spoke, not moving his mouth. The voice echoed into the nothingness. “No it’s just that…” I spoke. “You think I am not wise then?” Darkus interrupted. “No, it’s…” I tried to continue. “You think I don’t have my reasons to trust Max? You go behind my back on my last wishes…. I see how it was. Maybe I should have let you all stay with the Director and rot, if this was how I was going to be repaid after you think I could no longer hear you.” Darkus echoed. “No, Darkus’, it’s just that..” I began, trembling. “Enough! If you cannot respect my wishes, then you cannot call me by that name, you can worship me with those names every warrior uses.” Darkus voice spoke, showing a little irritation. “Max is a good warrior, we agree with you, but her skill in leading haven’t shown themselves. We don’t think it is in the best interest..” I began to explain. “Not in the best interest of WHOM? You or everyone she is leading. Have you even once thought of what SHE felt? We meant more to each other than you will EVER understand. Being in my place will give her comfort that she has my approval, it’s one of the only things she can cling to. You haven’t shown to them that you can lead either. The warriors you all have sent to this fight, haven’t had real battle experience seeing as you were hidden all these years. Max has had more than enough by my side.” Darkus spoke, narrowing his eyes. “They won’t trust you as much as they will her. If you don’t believe she is worthy of my decision, then you can all leave the force right now and head home!” Darkus finished. “Darkus, if I may….” I began to try to calm him. “Sorry, but you may not. It’s your choice, allow her to be leader, or go home and can assure the downfall of our race.” Darkus stared daggers at us. “What will it be.” I stepped forward and got down on one knee. The others followed my lead. “I’m sorry Darkus, forgive my rash actions. I now believe that Max can lead this fight, and win it.” I spoke while looking at the ground beneath his glance. “I am glad you have cleared the fog before your eyes. You have all seen what Max can do with the simple memory of loved ones she has lost. Present my sword to her. She will use it to win this war.” Darkus spoke and faded into Darkness. The world faded back to the forefront again, time returned to normal. I could see Max flying at me with her leg extended. I was too slow to counter.

I made another roundhouse kick, and made a bruising connection with the cut on his leg. He fell to the ground, I quickly stood over him and placed the tip of the blade at the hollow base at this throat. “There!” I growled, feeling more powerful than I’d felt in my entire life. “Don’t ever tell me that I’m not ready to lead!!” The council members didn’t say a word, just stared at me, frozen by the act I had just done. I helped Vince to his feet, though he didn’t meet my eyes. I laid Darkus’ sword down, as soon as I let go, I felt that hollow sensation of him being gone again. It was maybe the worst thing I have felt in my entire life.

I walked away, not looking back. I didn’t want to speak to them again for that night. I hope that little demonstration showed them I did have what it takes to lead them. Soon, we’d be at the Director’s gate. And there would be no turning back. I would finish him with my bare hands. I wanted to make sure he suffered a slow, painful death for the crimes he has done.

I looked over to Darkus’ sword Max had laid on the table. “You all saw what I saw right? I wasn’t imagining things?” The shaman spoke. “Yeah, we all saw it, and heard it.” I replied.

Once I was back to my room, I laid down on my bed, closing my eyes. It was absolute torture. I felt very old and very tired. Tears were coming from my eyes, but I wasn’t making any sound. There was no sound that could express this kind of pain. I didn’t want to move, didn’t want to do anything. Darkus was not waiting for me outside. Tommorow morning, when I woke up, Darkus would still be gone.

The sun rose. I lifted my head. As expected, another day without him. I sat inside the large hole in the wall that served as a window, letting one leg dangle outside. I heard footsteps. It was the Beast Leader. “Max, can you come downstairs please?” he said with little emotion. “What is it now? Do you want to tell me that I am not strong enough to even be here and I should go home and give up?” I spat at him with some hatred. “Just come.” He replied with sadness and he walked away. I thought, well, what’s the worse things they could tell me this time? I hopped form the window, stuck my hands in my pockets and walked downstairs to the main room.

I heard many whispering voices as I walked down the hallway. I peered into the room, seeing all the soldiers lining the walls, with a table in the center, with the Council standing around it. “Max…” Vince said. I was confused now. What was all this about? I walked in and stopped about 15 feet from the table they all stood around. I then saw his sword sitting on the table. I glanced at all their faces. They each walked in front of the table and got on knee, bowing to me. Wait, NOW I was confused. Were they really…? “What is this about?” I asked them. “Max, forgive our rash behavior yesterday. We see now that you can lead. We see that you were given this role by…your predecessor for a reason, who are we to keep you from your destiny that he led you to?” Vince spoke, still bowing. I couldn’t speak. “I - I see….” I replied with a confused stutter. “Max, we hereby present you with the leader of the Council of Evolution, and the leader of this army you see around you.” Vince spoke, with a smile staring up at me. He then lifted his arm and swung it around, motioning to the table. “We know he would want you to have this sword. With it, remember those who fought.“ I walked to the table and looked at the sword, long and hard. I admired the sheen of the metal, the black and red wrapping on the handle, the hand guard. The length. The sword was easily 4 feet long. I scanned over the blade. I hastily reached for the handle, to grasp it. I awaited his touch again. It’s the only thing I had left of him. As I reached I thought of that moment again, when the grasped me from the clutches of Darkness all those years ago. Now, I will grasp him, and help him defeat the Darkness. I touched the blade with my fingertips. They were warmed immediately. I touched the handle and felt sparks, that power again. I grasped the blade, still it laid on the table. I closed my eyes and inhaled. “I told them.” I heard a voice speak from the darkness of my mind. I lifted the blade. I could feel his strength, wisdom and energy flow through me. I felt alive again.

“I want to see everyone in ranks in front of the castle in 30 minutes. Get something to eat and get ready.” I said loudly, like he used to. They replied with “Yes ma’am!” and hustled out of the room. I looked at Vince and the others. I looked to the blade I now held. “We will see this to the end.” I said softly. I waited in front of the castle. The sun was shining brightly. The world seems bright for the first time in days I thought.

The half hour passed. The soldiers lined up in rows as I commanded. I looked over all of them “We may have lost a leader…..but that doesn’t change our reason to fight.“ I paused and looked down upon all the soldiers. “We want a reason to live. With our fists clenched, we reach out for what is dear!” I continued. The faces began to turn like noble soldiers. “We are on a crusade for hope. Because in our hearts and minds and soul we know. We need more than this!” I called over the troops. I raised the sword into the air, letting the sun reflect off the metal blade and shine onto the soldiers. “Sometimes we will fall, crawl and stumble. But we will rise to our feet again and open our eyes to a new day.” I continued staring upon the soldiers. “We cannot lose our dignity and hope from fear of danger.” I said. The soldiers began to loosen up. Their faces began to show more emotion. “After all this war, after settling the scores, at the break of dawn we will know the answer.” the soldiers began to break ranks, and look at their fellow warriors beside them. Some threw their arms over each other’s shoulders. Such camaraderie. “When the world will realize they have been desensitized by the lies of the world?” I continued. Beginning to feel truly like him. I arose such looks of connection with the soldiers, I began to see all their ….. “We’re oppressed by the Director. His hands crush the lives of so many.” This statement brought about tears in some of the soldiers. I was making their stone faces of a soldier break. Bringing about emotions they have blocked out all these years they have lived in hiding. “When will he learn that his tests, threats and
Experiments are the cause and effect of living in fear?” Some soldier bowed their heads. I held the sword in the air will such strength. I could feel him beside me again. “Who can protect the innocence and normalcy of our children?” The soldiers looked up, beginning to gain confidence in my words. “We represent a generation that wants to change the world, so let it be our light and salvation.” The soldiers looked at me with admiration I have only seen them give to one other person, him. “We want?” I asked them. “A reason…” a soldier in the front answered. “to live.” finished the one beside him. I nodded to them with a smile. “I await the sunrise in 2 days, that is when the day Revolution will finally stare the Director in the face. THAT is the day we will show, who we are!” I spoke loudly. The warriors erupted in cheering. I looked up at the sword I held in the air. I saw him looking into the sun, eyes closed with a smiles. He then looked down at me and blinked as he nodded his head. He then turned his glance to the warriors cheering. I could hear him whispering. “Look at what you have given them. Their hope has been restored…… by you Max.” he said as he turned his head back to me. “Hope is the only thing some of them ever had, and you gave it to them. Now, teach them to use it.” he finished and faded. I felt alive again. I told the soldiers to rest for the day, and that we would leave tomorrow afternoon.

I talked with the Council for a few hours. We began to discuss a plan of attack, an attack at dawn was decided upon, inspired by my speech to the soldiers. I ate something and went to my room. I needed to think. I felt confident now, but I still had A LOT of doubt. I just needed to focus about the day. I needed to center myself, my energy needs to be precise and accurate. I placed his sword against the wall, across from me. I sat on my bed and closed my eyes, I just focused. Leveled my breathing, swallowed my fears, blocked out everything. I could see light even behind my closed eyes. I peeked them open only to be blinded by a glare from the sword. The sun shined through a window and hit the sword, the last sun of the day peeked through the window on the opposite side of the room. The light was blinding. I pulled my hand up in front of my eyes. I then slid to the left, to stop the glare. The light relieved from my eyes. I looked from where the light was coming from. I didn’t see the sword laying against the wall, I saw him, leaning against the wall, looking at me with a light smile. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. “D-Darkus?” I uttered. He got on his feet, no longer leaning against the wall. He seemed transparent with the sunlight shining behind him. He didn’t say a word. “How are…. You b-…” I began. I saw him step forward towards me. I was nervous beyond belief. I have no clue why. He looked at me with those eyes of his. Pure black, but they said so much. They showed such approval, such pride. He was proud of me. I could feel it. I still had my doubts. They rose to the surface against my will. I couldn’t look at him with the fear was welling up. I dropped my glace to the ground. I closed my eyes and let some warm tears enter my eyes. I was trying my best to hold them back, the doubts just bubble up every time I gain confidence. How can I rid those fears from my system before the fight? I can’t win with such fear. I need to let it go, but I can’t. I wasn’t living for just me anymore. I was living for both of us, for all those soldiers, for the world. The weight of the world was on my shoulders, It was too immense to shoulder alone. The doubt swarmed me again. I couldn’t hold it back. He looked down on me and walked up to me. He knelt down and placed his hand under my chin and he lifted my head. He blinked and smiled at me. His finger felt warm. I got goosebumps, even from warmth… It was an odd feeling. “Don’t doubt yourself, Max.” he spoke, not moving his lips. “I don’t think I can, Darkus. Everyone is relying on me, it used to be on both of us. Now it’s all on me, what if… I fail?” I said, breaking my eyelock with his. “You won’t fail, we won’t fail.” he said moving his head to meet my eyes again. “But….” I spoke. “No, Max.” he said. “How can…” I began. Darkus took his other hand and placed it along my right jaw, making a flurry of goosebumps rise on my skin. His hands were so warm. I swallowed, nervous. “No more doubts. Let them go.” he sounded. “but you…” I began. Darkus placed his other hand on my left jaw. He was holding my head in his hands. He looked into my eyes with such passion I have never seen him show. Love was staring back at me. “In the midst of the most painful moments, angels show up in the strangest of places.” he said as he brought his lips to mine, turning his head. He held my head for a moment, then dropped his hands to his side again. I kept my eyes open and looked into his, blinking them closed when I moved position. I lifted my hands and grasped the back of his head, feeling his long hair between my fingers, pulling him toward me. His lips were as warm as his fingers were. I felt like I was melting. “Max, you have already won. You have given them a reason to live. If they die during the battle, they still had a reason to fight. They had a purpose. That was what they strived for. Life or death, they feel alive. They have a reason to live.” I heard his voice echo in my head as he placed his hands on my shoulders. He felt more alive than the first time. “I am with you, Max. Even if you don’t see me. Even if we are hundreds of miles apart. I’ll be the sunshine warming your skin, your shadow on the ground, the whisper in the wind, the beat in your heart, the moonlight shining down on you, I’ll be there until the end.” I heard his voice echo once more. I felt his touch become softer and softer. He evaporated in my hands. I kept reaching forward as he pulled away in wisps. The light dimmed. “I am watching you….” The voice faded away. His eyes were the last to disappear. My heart ached, but I had no doubt. “I have already won.” I stated out loud. “We…. have already won.”
Back to top Go down
Guest12
LEVEL 5 BRAWLER
Guest12

BAKUGAN STATUS
BAKUGAN POINTS:
LIFE FORCE:

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 5:37 am

His sword remained there. I know I’m not alone now. I have no doubt that I can do this now. I fell back on my bed and curled up and fell asleep as the last bit of sunlight faded from the sky.

I woke up with the morning sun. I felt awake for such an early time in the morning. I knew I would need my strength today. We were traveling quite a distance today. Easily 12 hours of flying time. I was silent and strict for the morning. There was no room for error today. We had to get there and prepare. I called everyone to leave at 9 am. They each grabbed something to eat and got in ranks. The council lined up beside me. I again grasped his sword. I gave no speech. They knew what was at stake, they didn’t need me to tell them that. I looked over each of them. Each face had a different story, each revolving around the same antagonist.

We left. That castle slowly drawing away behind me. Along with it, my last memories of his life. I felt no sadness, just determination. We flew all day. Night fell and I looked over the troops. They looked exhausted. I decided we can rest for the night. We stopped on the outskirts of a small city. Right now, we just looked like renegade soldiers. Everyone in armor and helmets. No need to really hide who we were at the moment. Everyone brought a few days ration of food with them from town. Everyone slept as the sun began to set. I wasn’t tired in the slightest. I decided I needed to clear my head. I needed to be focused for tomorrow. I was out walking in the woods when I heard roaring of an engine. I wondered what could make such rumbling. I could hear loud whirring noises, like gusts of air from an engine. It was there in a clearing, I saw a man standing on what looked to be a skateboard with a wire leading to the man’s hand. I crouched in the bushes and watched. “C’mon. You worked fine a minute ago!” the man shouted as he kept pressing a button on the remote in his hand. He then kept kicking a lever on the back end of the board. There were two people standing by watching him. One of them walked over. “How about you try this.” the man said as he bent down to inspect the motor and make an alteration. “There, I just opened the fuel pump a bit, try it now.” the mans spoke then returned to his position at a safe distance away, beside one other man. “Alright. Here goes.” The name said as he pressed the button. Immediately the board began to spurt air and actually lifted off the ground. The man smiled as he rose into the air, then began to fly around, doing spins and flips. He shot straight into the air, and kept going for at least 500 feet. Then he began to fall. The man was franticly trying to start the engine again. After a moment, he man reached down on the side f the board and pressed another button, releasing a sail. He glided down towards the clearing again. He approached the ground and pulled towards me. He rocketed towards me, not stopping. I dodged from the bushes, just avoiding being squashed. I heard the board crash into the tree. I got to my feet and saw the man lying a little ways away, not moving. I approached the man and saw he was conscious. I helped the man up and asked if he was alright. “Yeah, yeah. What a RUSH!” He replied. The man walked over to his board and pulled it from the shrub I had been in. “Who are you, crazy man?” I asked. The man grabbed his board, got up and faced me. “The name’s Itachi! Sorry if I nearly hit ya. I guess that altitude stalled the motor. This thing wasn’t really made for high altitude. It’s made for fighting in the air.” the man explained to me. “That thing is made to fight?” I asked. Itachi brought me over to his two other men. “So, what were you doing this far out in the woods, anyway… uhh…” Itachi began. “Max.” I replied. “I am out here with a bunch of people and I went off by myself for a little while.” Itachi explained to me how he specializes in mechanical warfare techniques and make weapons and mobility vehicles for war. I was fascinated. I kept asking questions. I wanted something like this for the fight. But how to convince him? “Say, you seem you are interested in all this that I do. Follow us, we’ll show you our workshop or factory if you want to call it.” I followed him. I was interested in him. Something about him. I don’t know what it was. He lived in this large metal building out in the woods. He only saw his two friends. Itachi told me that his two friends got the materials he needs, and food and everything else. Itachi only worked on these machines, that’s it. We entered his large building. The walls were lined with backpacks, hover boards, motor wind sailers, motor powered skateboards. So many machines. There was even a large armored van like vehicle in the center of the room. A motorcycle beside it. This motorcycle was streamline, but protective of the rider, a high windshield, sliding leg guards from the front, two wheels side by side in the front, on wide wheel at the back. I could see these things being used against the Director. I might has well have given up on this idea, Itachi wouldn’t be able to build them fast enough. I looked at the motorcycle, a polished black finish. Itachi walked over and placed his hand on the motorcycle and asked. “So, you like this, Max?” he asked. “Yeah, I just wish it had a weapons holder for the rider.” I noticed and replied. Itachi’s face turned to a “eureka!” expression. I noticed the spot around Itachi’s hand flashed green for a minute. I then heard a clunk. Itachi banged his hand on the motorcycle again. From the side, a compartment flipped open, revealing a space for different weapon types. I looked at Itachi with a face of confusion. Itachi returned the look with a look of worry. “Alright, you know now… I am a freak.” Itachi said while walking away. “What….happened to you?” I asked. “It happened a while ago. I was out in the woods, gathering metal scraps from a recent plane crash. Then a random storm pulled in, wind the everything. A large scrap of metal rocketed towards me, hitting my head and knocking me out. I woke up and I was in a laboratory. I don’t know how long I was there, but I remember a shadow one night approaching my containment chamber inside that wretched place. The door opened and the man walked away. I followed him until he opened a door for me. I walked out and continued with my life, with a sick twist. Every metal machine I touched, altered to what I was thinking. I once turned a bicycle into a plane with a touch of my hand. Thing is… I was never seen as normal or even unique. I was just seen as a freak, a living nightmare. So, I found two others who like me for who I am. Not for what I can do, and they now live with me out here. I basically live in exile out here, so in an attempt to branch out into society, I make machines and weapons of war. I am planning to reveal my work to the armed forces of many countries within the next year.” Itachi explained. “So, you were one of them too.” I spoke. “One of them??” Itachi looked at me with confusion. “You are an experiment of the Director, aren‘t you?” I spoke plain out. Itachi grabbed his head in his hands and dropped his head. “I guess, I am certainly a freak of nature though.” Itachi said as he looked at me. “Well, I am too, Itachi.” I began as I saw Itachi become depressed. “So, what’s your power?” I asked in an upbeat tone. “Well, this…” Itachi sad as he placed his hand on the armored vehicle. The green light shone from his hand contact with the machine and also a line shone from right below his elbow around his lower arm. The armored truck then grew 5 turret guns positioned on the top and sides, pointing forward. “Whoa..” I said interested. “Ever since I was 12 or so, all I can remember how to do was this. I spooked one of the friends once when I touched a soda machine, and it changed when I touched it. Word spread and I was looked at like a freak ever since. So, I put myself in self-exile, with two friends who are normal, but saw the possibilities of my power. So, here we are.” Itachi explained. “I see, fascinating. I might just have a use for you.” I said with an idea in my mind. This would solve all of our problems about how to approach the Director.

Itachi and I sat and talked for a while. “Well, what do you think about my offer?” I asked after giving him a minute to think it over. “Well, it would give me something to do, and something to create. After all, I am good at it. Alright, why not. I’ll learn how I got this power, I’ll at least be with people that don’t expect any different of me.” Itachi felt better now. I could see his expression had changed. I gave him a reason to live now.

“So, what about making about 100 of your boards, and maybe 10 or 15 of those armored vehicles. Each of those armored vehicles can hold about 15 people right?” I asked. “Yeah, give or take a few. I can always add extra room right before battle if needed.” Itachi replied. “Problem is, I need the material to at least build the exterior. I can then stretch the metal to make any additions after the majority of the vehicle is built. For this project I will need immense amounts of metal and other parts. We would need about 5 weeks just to scavenge the material from the abandoned war wrecks around here.” Itachi replied with a bit of annoyance. “I have plenty of hands to speed up that process.” I replied. “I’ll be right back. You just get ready. Possibly try to gets maps of the junk jackpots around here.” I spoke as I walked out the door. Itachi followed me out. I jumped into the air and spread my wings with a new force that I hadn’t yet felt before. I was getting psyched for the battle ahead, and now I feel I can lead these men into battle, now that protection was going to be included in the frontal assault.

I flew back to the rest of the men. “Alright! Listen up!” I shouted. “We are going to be staying a bit longer than expected.” I started. “Max, we can’t stay any longer. The Director’s strength…is increasing. If we wait any longer, we won‘t be able to even approach his place.” Vince started. “I know. But with this development. We won’t need to worry about even approaching the Directors place. Everyone, follow me, NOW!” I shouted. Everyone followed me towards Itachi’s place.

I went ahead of the rest and told Itachi that I recruited some help. Itachi’s eyes widened when he saw about 300 soldiers enter from the woods. “Wow… uh… Okay then..” Itachi stumbled over his words. “Now then, guys.” I turned to speak to them. “We are going to have some vehicles and other weapons to march into battle with. This will make our approach to the Director even easier.” I spoke. The warriors eyes lit up. They now see that they aren’t following a leader who is leading for the sake of leading. I felt proud of myself. I don’t think even he would have thought of this. Itachi and I divided the group evenly among different powers. The ones with wings, Itachi fashioned a carrying container that would be attached to those with wings. The others would help tear parts off wrecks and search for parts. Itachi handed out maps to each group. It was going like clockwork. They all dispersed, leaving Itachi, the council and myself. We all went inside Itachi’s place as the metal began to pile up outside. The council began proposing ideas for weapons that would impact the Director most. While a sword or spear for each warrior was on the list, so wasn’t a small gun for long range shots. Along with the Armored vehicles and Hover boards, I also suggested a series of blades that would stick out from the warriors legs, arms and feet, allowing for some serious close range damage to the Directors troops. From what I remembered of them, they had no serious armor. Itachi got to work quickly writing up some blueprints for the things we assigned him. The myself and the Council went outside to continue directing the parties. Some places were stripped clean rather quickly. We gave out more orders. This salvage mission lasted throughout the night, the most secure time for our movements. The pile of metal was immense. Itachi still said we needed more though. Not too much, but it’s enough for him to work with during the day, and we can salvage the rest of the following night to finish it up. Itachi said possibly 2 or 3 days to finish everything. We’ll have to move inside the vehicles the rest of the way to the Director. Good part is, Itachi’s place was only a few hours drive to the Directors location. So, we were on our way. In 4 days, we will strike.

The days passed, with a lot of excitement about the new machines. The Council chose some exceptional warriors to be the drivers of the war tanks, and also chose to set up the warriors into lines. And Aviary line and a ground line. The aviary line would advance with the hover boards or using their own wings, if they possessed them. The plan seemed flawless. The air units would just dodge any attacks and the ground units would hide in the tanks until they busted through the walls of the school. It was foolproof. The Director will regret he ever did all he has, I’ll be sure that is fact, even if need to die in the process. What am I saying? Have I become a revenge possessed monster? No, I can’t think that way. I need to keep my cool and just worry about stopping the Director’s experiments.

The days were full or training and preparation. I put a ban on training for the 24 hours before the big day, they needed to rest and be at the top of their game, or else it’ll be the worst.

That fateful day had arrived. I rose early and sat atop a tree looking at the moon, just thinking…. “Hey, you nervous?” I heard a voice behind me on the ground. “A little, I still have lingering doubts that our plans will succeed. If no one has stopped him until now, what makes us think WE can?” I asked. Vince flew up beside me. “Max, no one has KNOWN about his plans. He separated us by fear. You have defeated that aspect of the Director. He will never suspect that we are coming with nearly every creation he ever made. You brought them all together. They are here because they want to be part of it. Not because they had nothing better to do. That is a fact, they trust that their sacrifice will not be in vain. Even if they can’t see the outcome, they will be proud they helped.” Vince told me, placing his hand on my shoulder. “I see…. “ I sighed. “Alright, mind helping me wake everyone? We need to move all the equipment in position.” I asked I a got up and flew towards the quarters. “Sure.” Vince said as he took off after me and began to awake the soldiers. Surprisingly some of them were already awake with excitement. They looked more alive than I had ever seen them even in training. They were living for today. It was their day.

The crunching of the soil under the tanks. The first sounds of the war to come. All the soldiers were in the tanks. I was at the largest head one. I stared out the windshield with a confident, and slightly angered, look. No one said a word. They knew why I was so quiet for once. As we got closer to the lab, my anger grew, my determination grew.

We rounded that last ledge. We sat atop a cliff, the sun rising behind us. My eyes focused on the school. My face loosened. It….. It wasn’t anything like I was expecting. The place was heavily armored. It was more like a battle fortress now. I wasn’t expecting this advancement from him. It had only been a few months, and he basically rebuilt the school. I shook it off. It might be different now, but it’s the same cruel demon behind it’s walls.

The sun began to shine towards the school. I squinted out the windshield. The school seemed to be waving? It wasn’t rising just, moving. I finally noticed. A shield. The sunlight reflected off the shield making it look as if the school was moving. Like if you look at the convection off a piece of metal that was in the sun for a while. So, he wants to keep us out. No surprise, even he has fear. It’s good to know he isn’t senseless. He soon will be when we finish with him.

Now, to deal with that shield. I walked to the front of the tank’s control panel. I picked up the mic beside Vince, who was driving. “I am not going to blow sunshine off your tail here, warriors. You know why you are here, you know why you fight. Just remember, no matter what happens we will take him down. There’s not a doubt about that. We have already won, plain and simple. Now, go and prove it to him. He is the one who doesn’t believe that we are human, prove your existence to him. That’s my rising speech. “ I could hear cheers erupt from the speakers. A smirk crossed my face. “Now, if you notice, there is a shield before us. He thinks that will stop them. However, the aerial unit will be best for this. All of you that fly or ride on the hover boards. I need you to fly as fast the wind will carry you, and spin like a screw, and plow into the shield at the same time. That is your orders when I give the signal. I will give the ground unit’s a signal when it is free for them to advance.” Nothing arose over the speakers. This pressure was immense. They can do it. Everyone has confidence. “Alright, Aerial unit, get out and prepare for attack.”

I heard the speakers filled with cheerful yelling. They were pumped. I stepped out of the armored tank and saw the warriors scattered about. Some strapping on their hover boards, others stretching their wings. Itachi stepped beside me. “Anything I can add to these tanks before we go?” he asked watching everyone get ready. “Yeah, give them all some missiles. If they aren’t enough to break through, the missiles will give some assistance.” I spoke. “Roger.” itachi replied and he went off to make the addition.

Once each aerial warrior was ready, they looked at me. As soon as everyone was meeting my stare, I began. “Begin!” A flurry of sand and dirt erupted from the ground. Engines whirred, flapping sounded. Each warrior rose high in the air, led by Vince. The ground met in the air and began to dive downward towards the shield, spinning. They looked like rockets being launched into the sky, gaining speed. I turned towards the ground units. I jumped back in the tank and told them to begin their approach towards the barrier. I looked out a side window, upward at the warriors. This better work, it always did for him. “Alright, move forward to the barriers base.” I commanded over the mic. I popped my head out the top of the tank. They approached the barrier. They made contact. I heard cries and yells, then smoke exploded from the barrier. It didn’t work…. I closed my eyes and grimaced. What were we going to do now? My mind raced for a new solution. My eyes panicky, looking around, thinking. I dropped down inside the tank, it didn’t work. New plan.

Just at that instant, I then heard shattering. You may want to think again the Shaman spoke to me. I looked out the windshield with a renewed hope. The aerial team made it in. “Go, Go Go!” I yelled over the speaker. The barrier was regenerating after the impact. We all drove straight for it. “launch the missiles, we need more time to get through!” I commanded. The missiles launched, causing a large smokescreen in front of us. “Keep going!” I assured them. “It’ll be fine” Everything was silent. Driving through the fog. It began to clear, then I heard a scraping behind us. The barrier was hitting one of the last tanks to come through. The scraping stopped. He just made it through. I exhaled a sign of relief. “Everyone accounted for?” I asked over the mic. “Yeah, seems everyone made it through.” I heard a reply. I popped out the top of the tank. “HEY! Everyone alright?” I yelled to Vince. He flew down beside the tank. “Everyone accounted for, some minor scrapes and some dizziness from the spinning, but they are just fine.” Vince replied with a smirk. “Great Tell them that when the tanks move, they are to fly straight for the school, okay? The plan begins there. Storm the school, take out whoever you can on the outside, then attempt to find the defense system and shut it down. I’ll be joining the aerial command soon. Shaman and Beast King will take command of the ground units.” I spoke to him. “Alright, understood.” he replied and flew back to the group.

I stopped to think…. It seemed like we were in a dream, a fantasy. Humans with wings and other mutations. Sounds like something out of a sci-fi movie. It’s real, that’s all that matters right now. I stepped to the front of the tank. I picked up the mic. “Move out!”

The gears turned. The wheels rolled. We began our assault. The Aerial team sped ahead and began their advancement towards the school. The tanks kicked into overdrive. I grabbed a hove board and climbed out to the top of the tank. I took off with the hoverboard. I needed to stay disguised. I know the Director will gun for me, seeing me as the leader. So, using my wings at the moment is out of the question. The engine whirred, it took me a second to feel for control. I got the hang of it quickly. I flew as fast as I could towards the school. I eventually caught up to the others, amidst fireballs in the air. The defense system was working. Bullets, fireballs, chaos…. Pure chaos. I wove, dodged, ducked, spun, flipped. I did everything in my power to avoid being injured. I figured the calm side of the school, was on the opposite side. I let myself fall, pretending I was hit. I caught the wind last minute near the ground. I flew around to the opposite side of the school. As expected there was no activity. The defenses weren’t online or they didn’t see me. Maybe the energy was rerouted to the attacking side, so they shut down these defenses. That didn’t matter now. I searched around for a way inside. Nothing on the walls. Now to check the roof. The engine whirred as I told it to go higher. I reached the roof. The far side of the building had a line of guards facing the other way, perfect chance. I whirred the engine, then cut it, dropped the board and unfurled my wings to glide. I pulled out the sword. I flew by and sliced through the entire line. About 25 or so guards. I then glided up and dropped downwards, breaking through a window on the room. I landed on one knee. I got up and looked around. Nothing. They still had no clue I made it inside. I looked down both hallways, I saw one guard down the far side., walking away from me with his helmet pinned against his side by his arm. I flew behind him and chopped the back of his exposed neck. He crumpled to the floor like a doll. I unlatched his armor and slid it on. Luckily this boy was thin. The armor was a little big but, it still fit well enough. I picked up the helmet and slid it on. With this armor on, my wings won’t open, so I need to be careful.

I walked down the hallways, rooms sprouting this way and that. I saw cells, laboratories and every type of room imaginable. I ran across another group of guards. I approached them. “Where is the Director located currently?” I asked them. “Why do you want to know rookie?” the tallest of the guards replied. “I was just Directed to send message to him. The Guards believed our communications are being tapped into, so he wants word sent personally from now on.” I replied. What a lie I was telling and they were BELIEVING IT! Hook, line and sinker! “He’s down this hall take a right at the third hallway, you’ll see his imperial decorated door, you can’t miss it.” the guards informed me. I thanked them and followed his directions. I reached his door. I stared at it and placed my hand on the handle. I could feel the handle move as I touched it. It was opening from the other side. The door cracked open. Oh god, I was going to be captured SO CLOSE to succeeding. I was THIS close.

I jumped backward and fed down a nearby hallway. Luckily, the Director, escorted by 3 guards, walked the way in which I came. I paid attention to the series of hallways and passageways on the way to his room. One guard walked in front, and two in back. I was following him down a hallways that was parallel to the one they were walking down. There were mini hallways linking our two hallways together. Imagine a ladder, with the rungs being the connecting hallways. Confusing I know, but in the moment, this plan just came to mind. I hid down each hallway, around a corner. As the guards walked by, I dropped my sword, making a loud noise against the metal walls and floor. A guard separated itself from the pack and went to investigate the noise. As he rounded the corner, I mobbed them, causing a second guard to leave. I took both of them out in quick time. That third guard did not leave the Director. He wasn’t as dumb as I wished he was.

The long guard and the Director continued walking. They climbed up a set of stairs, I couldn’t follow him there. It was then I saw a window. I opened the window, took off the armor and flew up to the next floor, broke the window, jumped inside and slid the armor back on. The Director and his guard approached me. “Did you see what happened?” the Director asked me. “No, I just rounded the corner here and the window blew out. “You are a useless guard, if you didn’t see what happened the go and make yourself useful and fight the forces that are attacking us. “Yes, sir!” I replied, saluted, and I walked in the opposite Direction that the Director went down with his guard. Luckily, this floor was set up the same way as the first. A series of parallel passageways. I knew a noise distraction wasn’t going to work, possibly a cry for help would. I awaited the guards to pass me, down the parallel hallway. “Help, there’s an intruder! Intruder! Someone get him!” I yelled in a somewhat lower voice. I heard the footsteps stop. “Sir?” I heard the guard ask. “I’ll be fine, there’s not much further we would have had to go. I’ll go by myself. Just get whoever that intruder is!!!” the Director yelled. I heard the guard run down my hallway. “Where’d the intruder go?” The guard asked. “He took off at a pretty fast clip down that way.” I said as I pointed. “Let’s go get him.” he said as he began running. I slid the sword out and stabbed him from behind, causing the sword to go out the front of his armor. Surprisingly, the armor is nothing more than layered leather, not even metal. Easy to pierce through with his sword. I pulled the sword out and he crumbled to the ground. I ran back to where the Director and his guard separated. I ran through all the hallways, looked in every room. He just disappeared.

I stopped to catch my breath. I was running easily for 20 minutes looking for him. I could still hear the explosions arising from outside. This fight had gone on for long enough. “Defense system: Disarmed” I heard the intercom announce. They did it. They got the defenses down. Excellent. No need for me to hide now. I ripped off the armor and unfurled my wings. That felt better. “Now, time to find you, Director.” I spoke outloud. I jumped into the air and flew through the hallways, searching. “Max.” I heard announced. I stopped and landed on my feet. “I know you are here somewhere, Max.” I kept quiet. It was him. I knew that voice of the devil anywhere. “I know you are looking for me. I have to admit I underestimated your ability to deceive my guards.” He was just teasing me. Trying to get me enraged. “I have something you want though.” I heard a new voice take over. “Maxie? You there? Help.” I heard her voice. “Erin!” I growled. “He has her.” “Where are you?!?” I yelled. “Ah, so you DO hear me!” I’m sure you’ll find me, Max. You know where I left off, so it shouldn’t take very long. I have a proposition for you, Max. If you stand down now, I swear to return the girl back home and only do my mild experiments on you. You could potentially be the head of my guard force here. I think it’s a reasonable deal. If you don’t give me an answer within 30 minutes AND find me. I will unleash my latest Experiment upon the WORLD.” My face loosened, my jaw fell. “You….. YOU FINISHED IT?!?” I spoke. “That’s right. Everyone in the world will become freaks of nature. However, everyone who is ALREADY a freak, will DIE from the onslaught of another evolution, their bodies won’t be able to take it. Your choice Max, save her and the world and sacrifice your freedom, or let the entire world become horrid monsters, and those who you have grown to call family, will all die! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!” The announcing cut out…. I just stared at the ground. I didn’t know what to do. Submit myself back to this place and save the world and Erin, or try to fight back and kill all my friends, including myself and cause the mutation of the world?

That decision toyed with my mind. I wandered the hallways looking for him. I eventually grew tired and just sat beside a window. I heard his voice erupt over the speakers again. “Well, Max? Have you made your choice? You have 10 minutes left. HAHAHA.” I looked out the window as he spoke. The speakers seemed to be echoing the voice. I was hearing it twice, the speaker just after the first. I pushed my head through the window and looked up. Was he, on the roof? I jumped outside, hovering up to the roof. I listened for his voice again. I looked out to horizon and saw a strange shaped rock formation, one that looked like a dog’s head, the Cliffside we originally appeared on. I flew back down inside the window. I spoke. “I’ve made up my mind, Director. You win. I give up.” I breathed heavily. “Ah, you are wise after all. Okay, Max. Where are you? I’ll come to get you. I have a new experiment I can begin. HAHA” His voice rose every bit or anger inside me, however it‘s over. “I am outside the building. I can see a strange dog’s head shaped cliff. Come get me. I don’t want to fight anymore.” I walked back over to the window and hovered up against the wall again. I looked up, I saw the Director walk to the building’s edge. He rose a mic to his face. “I… I can’t see you, come to the roof like a good child.” He spoke. I sprang upward with a fist outstretched. I pegged the Director under his chin. “Lookin’ for me?” I asked as I hovered there. I saw Erin tied up there nearby. They did have her. I planted my feet on the roof and looked at the Director. The fighting outside seemed to have stopped. I did tell the Council to be done the attack within an hour and 15 minutes after we began, it was about an hour and a half now. The Director felt his chin, I definitely did some damage, he will be feeling that tomorrow, oh no he won’t. Not while I am here, he won’t feel a thing tomorrow. The Director sprang at me with fists and kicks. So, he was going to go hand to hand was he? I began to speak as I dodged and delivered blows to the Directors shoulders, back and legs. “You scum, you use others for your experiments. It seems the only person you haven’t tested on is yourself!!” I said the last part as I punched the Director square in the chest. “You don’t know that half of my POWER!” The growled as he revealed a syringe from his pocket and jabbed it into his leg, pumped everything into his flash and threw it aside. He just stared at me with a demonic grin. His skin turned black, eyes turned red, claws extended from his hands, wings like a dragon’s sprouted from his back, a tail unfurled behind him, with large spikes at it’s end. “Here’s my little boost, it’s temporary, but it’ll be enough to take you out, you traitorous little insect!” The Director growled. My jaw dropped. How was I supposed to do this? I stepped backward, not realizing I was close to the edge. I fell down alongside the building. As I fell I heard his laughing. “Foolish girl, she falls to her death.” That’s what I wanted him to think. I swooped inside the school floor below. The Director walked to the edge and looked down. I poked my head out and spoke “That’s what you wish, buddy boy!” I then ran, he swooped into the floor and flew after me. He was FAST. I felt Like I was racing him again. I rounded corners, dashed down hallways, I tried everything to give him the slip. I saw a ceiling tile was missing around one sharp turn. I managed to hide inside it without the Director noticing. My strategy was to buy time. How long could that thing he stabbed himself last anyway. I crawled through the ducts as silent as a mouse and followed the Directors panic to find me. “She is most likely going to rescue the girl!” he spoke as he headed back up to the roof. “Okay, back to square one.” I whispered. I thought about everything I could possibly do. I wouldn’t be in this if I had some help. I had made a good run so far, I can continue it. Now then…. I could rush him and be crushed, Erin would be kept forever and the Director would still unleash his master plan.

I thought about plans for what must have been I crawled through the ducts. I noticed one of them shone with sunlight. I reached the grate that covered the exit. I managed to loosen it. I stuck my arm outside enough to throw the grate like a Frisbee. I heard it hit the ground nearby with a clang. I heard the Director take off to investigate. I peeked out of the vent and saw him scan the ground below me, then climbed back up towards me to the roof. As he crossed over my location, tucked neatly inside the wall, I grasped the sword, launched from the vent and stabbed the Director clean through the chest, just below rib cage. It was a deadly hit if not cared for. He screamed in pain from the blow. Oh, how badly had I wanted to hear his scream like that. It made my blood run with such ferocity. The adrenaline rush was immense. My strength felt like it increased 10 fold. I flew up to the roof, the Director was grasping his chest where I had hit him. “Is that all?” he chuckled. The wound was healing. Was there no weakness to this guy? I just got angry. Well, I have to make a stand, no more running. I noticed in that minute, his skin was getting lighter, grayish. It was starting to ware off. My stalling plan was taking effect. I got a smirk on my face. “What are you smirking at, weakling!” The Director roared as he dashed toward me. Another round of hand to hand. I grasped the sword. It was my upper hand. I dodged most his blows with ease. Adrenaline running rampant in my veins. I got a few scratched from his claws on my arms and face, but those were nothing. It went on for 10 minutes or so. Each blow made his skin get lighter and lighter. His claws got smaller, his wings shrank, tail disappeared. “Seems you are human again, Director!” I said stopping to catch my breath. The Director looked at his hands. “NO!” he spat. “But guess who isn’t all human here! I’m about to show you.” I dashed for the Director. I saw him reach to grab something at his belt. I was flying straight toward him, the sword aiming right for his chest. It went so quickly. I heard a bang and a gasp.

I looked down, I saw my sword disappear as it entered the Director’s upper chest, a direct hit. I tried to breathe in, I felt like I was breathing in water. I bent over and let blood flow from my mouth. I gasped again. My chest began to spasm. I put a hand to my upper left chest, directly below my collarbone. I felt warmth there. I looked at my hand, it was stained red with blood. What happened. I looked at the Director, who was still holding a small one-shot pistol aimed at me. The Director’s face began to lose it’s composure. I fell to my knees, still holding the sword. I spat more blood. “Curse….you!” I shouted. The pain, just stopped. I looked at the gunshot wound again. It was gone. I looked at the Director with a smirk. His face showed surprise and pain. “I don’t know what that was back there, but I am not going to care, until you are finished!” I spoke. I tried to move, I couldn’t. I was exhausted, my energy drained. The pain came again, from that wound, that no longer was there. I couldn’t move. “It’s over, Max.” he uttered. “No, no it’s not.” The Director reached for his belt again, he pulled out another pistol. He raised it. “Now then, Max. Any last words?” the Director uttered. In that moment, my mind wandered. I dropped my head and thought of everything I worked for, the people I met, the people I lost. “I’m a lost cause. Not a hero.” I whispered. “That’s right, you never were someone, just a experiment, a nobody. Now, it’s time you were put to rest with that foolish friend of yours.” the Director spoke with a tone of anger. My eyes widened. Anger boiled in my blood. I tried like heck to move. I couldn’t fight it. “You!!!!” I rose my head with bared teeth. “That’s right, I hired those towns people to kill him. You don’t think they can pick out mutated beings just by looking at them did you? I told them what you two looked like. I have followed your location this whole time. I told them to take you out as well, but they believed you weren’t one, so they didn’t go after you. Oh well, I have you to myself now.” The Director explained as my mind raced, I was shaking with anger. ”You…Killed…. Him!!!!! Murderer!!!!” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. As if my hatred couldn’t go beyond where it was. My mind felt like it was on fire, a burning inferno of hate. “You aren’t in the place to be making insults, Max.” still pointing the pistol at my head. I dropped my head. It’s pointless to be angry now, I failed. “Now, it’s time you joined him.” the Director spoke. I heard a crack sound above me.

I had my eyes closed. I heard a loud crack, then the sounds of clanking metal. I opened my eyes to see fragments of metal land in front of me. I heard the Director gasp. I looked up slowly to see the gun crumble in the Directors hand. My shoulder felt warm all of a sudden, I was regaining movement. I was still weak, but I could at least move. I attempted to get to my feet, to finish the man staked on my sword off, I just couldn’t rise to my feet. I gripped the sword with both hands. I tried to use it to lift me to my feet. My hands began to feel warm. I looked down at them to see a hand gripping mine on the sword. I looked up and over to my right to see him standing there, smiling down at me. He was encased in a dark golden light. I was breathless. He turned his head and nodded slowly at me. I knew what he meant. I rose to my feet, the Director wincing in pain from the movement. I looked over at him again. My strength felt like it was returning. He placed his hand on my right shoulder, he had an approving grin on his face. I then turn back to the Director. “It’s over, Director! You have done your last experiment.” I said as I gripped the sword, getting ready for the finishing blow. “Don’t be so sure, Max.” The Director grinned as he reached into his pocket. I ripped the sword out from the Director’s chest and reared back to slice through his neck. I saw the item he pulled from his pocket was a remote. I swung my sword towards him, I saw his thumb press the button. Was I too late? I looked towards Darkus beside me, the light began to fade around him, he returned to his normal black overcoat style. His hand was solid on my shoulder, he was back. My sword sliced through the Director’s neck, sending blood spattering everywhere. His headless body crumpled to the ground, his head rolling a ways away. I stood there, silent looking into the rising sun, with him by my side. I felt whole again. I had gotten my revenge. We had gotten our revenge.

We didn’t say a word. I was too tired. I heard rumbling come from under my feet. I looked down, I saw holes open in the ground. I heard a sizzling noise, like steam. Darkus was looking down as well. I saw purple steam rise from the ground. I was too exhausted to fly. I grabbed Darkus’ jacket. “What is this?” I asked panicked. “Bad.” He answered. My legs began to feel limp. I fell to my knees. Darkus leaned on one knee. Whatever this was, it was affecting both of us in the same way. I turned to face Darkus on my knees, my arms bracing me up. I lost all feeling. I fell flat on my stomach. I was breathing heavily, I felt like I was being suffocated. The air was thick with the purple fog. I could see it was spread rapidly. This was this worldwide experiment.

Darkus reached for my hand. I looked at him with wavering eyes. “Max.” He began. I coughed. “Yeah?” My vision began to blur. “I have…. Been… hiding a lot from you….all this time.” Darkus spoke between coughs and hard inhales. “What… do you… mean?” I asked back. “Max, ever since we….. Took down….. the Phoenix….. I have been keeping….. a major secret from…. You.” he coughed, with a raspy breath. “I made…. A deal with each…. Spirit… we came… across. They died…. And gave their…. Power to… me….” I couldn’t comprehend what he was saying. “The Phoenix…… the Spirit of the Sun….. the Dragon…. the Spirit of the Moon. Remember that dog….? She was the….. Spirit of the Earth.” He stopped and coughed hard. “Each of them gave me their strength, I took their place in the Universe. In other words, I am……… a God.” What did he say? A god….. That would explain everything, his increased power, the disappearances, all his strange actions…. My friend is a god, the most powerful being in existence? “Max, I cannot die… if I do, everything you know will cease to exist. I have enough energy to pull this fog off of Earth, but everyone in that is in the fog will perish unless they are gods themselves.” Darkus spoke amidst coughs and rapid breathing. “What are you saying?” I managed to say. “Max, do you want to become a god as well. Would you like to remain immortal, with me?” Darkus managed to ask, still managing to keep eye contact with me. “Of course, Darkus. I always wanted to be by your side. Nothing has changed.” with my response Darkus pulled on my hand, pulling me closer to him. He reached his hand up to my face and pulled it closer. “Are you sure, Max? You will leave the world as you know it forever. In doing this, I am in simple terms, recreating the Earth. Starting it over from before humans existed. Humans brought this misery, maybe we can erase it. If you choose to do this, you can’t go back, we will enter the world again, reborn.” Darkus coughed while looking into my eyes. All I could do was nod, my vision going black. “Very well then. See you soon, Max.” Darkus pulled his face to mine, gripping my head in his hands. I attempted to move mine to grab his neck. Everything went white. I felt warm, and light. I felt as if the world had been relieved from my shoulders. I felt really free for once my life.

When I awoke, I was in a forest clearing. Underneath an immense hemlock. I lifted my head, my eyes adjusting to the morning light. I looked around and rose to my feet. I walked from underneath the hemlock. There was a clearing nearby. I made my way into the clearing and over to a ledge, over looking acres upon acres of pure forest. I heard a twig snap behind me. I turned my head to meet the glance of a black and red wolf. He walked over beside me, his shoulders were about 4 or 5 inches higher than my own. “I had that dream again” I muttered. “Again, you have been having that dream for two weeks now.” the black and red wolf said, while scanning the forest below. I let out a sigh. "I know. You would think I would be use to it by now. But its so...so...real. As if I lived it." The black and red wolf shook his head. "Forget it for now. We have practice." The black and red wolf jumped off the cliff’s edge and opened massive black wings with red markings. I followed him. I looked over the edge. It had to be a good 40 foot drop. I took a deep breath. I let myself free fall a moment, then snapped open my wings. I glided over the forest with him as the sun rose over a new world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Flock: Max's Story   The Flock: Max's Story - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Flock: Max's Story
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5